OKW --recent stay

mykidslovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We stayed at OKW 8/1-8/9, our first trip as DVCers. We arrived early on the auto train. Arrived at OKW at 10 am. I was totally prepared to go to the parks until later when a room was ready. Upon checking in , The CM stated she had a room ready for us! AT 10 am!! WE stayed at building 12. Great location. I was a bit nervous about the location and parking due to all the comments that people park there to use the pool but we never had any problem w/ parking. We had a 2 bdrm villa. It was in good condition. The only thing broken was the TV cabinet door hinge was broken on the bottom. It did not affect us since the door was left open for the entire time. There was no mold in any of the bathrooms. This was our 3rd trip to OKW and it is home to us when we are in Disney. Even DS 8 states " Aah, we are home!". The other night DS6 said he likes OKW bc it is so relaxing.

Best part of the trip was dream fast passes on our last full day in Magic Kingdom. It was soo great. We met a few dream team members at the RR platform in Frontier Land. They traded pins w/ DD4 and DS6. Took the train to Toon Town. They went to the exit of Goofy Barnstormer while we went to the entrance. Once up on the platform to load the ride they were counting people coming off. they were still counting as we exited the ride. We were soo happy. They even stated we were 'stalking' them! DD4 came off the ride crying "I didn't win anything". One CM starting saying "yes you did" It took DD a few minutes to realize she did! We did 7 of the fast passes btwn 1015 and 3 pm. Not bad for 1/2 a day. We are excited that AYMD is extended till next yr.

Anyways have faith, early checkins are possible.

Any questions I would be happy to help

Glad you had a great trip....

Those dream fastpasses sound awesome....hope i get one:goodvibes
Kerri

I'd be happy having my room ready when I checked in even if I never got a dream fast pass! :goodvibes

We love OKW for the exact same reason, really relaxing.

Congrats on the win! The only thing that really bothers my wife and I is that the AYMD promotion seems to award everything to families with children. I have yet to see a couple win anything on these boards. :sad2:

Regs,

CJM

When we checked into OKW in May at 11:00, like you, we were totally surprised that our room was ready. That was such a treat! It really started the off day right.:yay:

We always really hope for early check-in. Our DS still naps so it is just so helpful to start the vacation on the right foot and get a good nap in, especially after a long morning of flying. Anyways, at our last stay at OKW, we got our room right as we walked up around 1pm maybe. We were ecstatic. I tell you that has never happened for us at BWV.

Glad you had a great trip...the passes sound wonderful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter