Old Key West Vs. Saratoga Springs

We like both. The rooms at OKW are larger but SSR has better access to restaurants and nightlife. Both are relaxed, with great quiet pools. We generally prefer the hotel-like DVCs, though.

I liked SSR better it is closer to DTD. OKW just seem so far from everything...even my room.

We're doing a split stay this next week at OKW and SSR because we couldn't get one for the entire stay. So, I'll know after next week

As my name implies, OKW for me. I like SSR, but prefer OKW. I like the atmosphere better, and the layout. I like the sizes of the accomodations and the ferry (and walkway) to DTD. I don't find it too far from anything.

I really enjoy the ability to get away from the chaos that OKW provides.

Love both - stay at both.

For us...

OKW... rooms can't be beat, love the full balcony & tropical setting... oh, and don't forget the Gurgling Suitcase! Olivia's is a check-in tradition, even though they took my pulled pork sandwich off the menu :sad2:

SSR... really enjoy Artist Palette (Good's @ OKW is sorely lacking & probably my only real gripe about OKW), game room (DS12 & DS9) & pool. You have full visibility to nearly the entire pool area from most seats which helps keep an eye on the kids (OKW view of slide is obstructed by the bridge so unless you get a seat on that side...). Turf Club is good & the Spa is wonderful :cloud9:

I say try 'em both & see how you feel!

Old Key West for larger 1 and 2 br villas and theming

SSR for the view and walk to DD (both resorts have a walkway, but OKW closes it off at night). SSR for the health club.

Have stayed at SSR since way back when it was still the Disney Villas. Just
stayed at OKW for the first time this past Jan. WOW! SSR is themed to be
like upstate NY. OKW actually makes you feel like you're in Florida. Which you
ARE. :thumbsup2

I love OKW especially for the 1BR and up. Love the Florida theming and the quiet laid back atmosphere. Love SSR for the quiet, the relaxed walking areas, the ability to walk to DTD . Prefer the studio with sofa to the one at OKW with 2 beds. Would be equally happy staying at either one.

We stayed at OKW in May of 06' and SSR in Oct of 06'...we are going back on May 11th of 07' we will be staying at OKW. We are a familiy of 5 and I really don't think the room size is that big of a deal. They both had plenty of room for all of us. The problem we had at SSR was the busses. We waited a long time for pick up's on a daily basis and the same goes for pick up at the parks. Maybe it was the time of year. But overall OKW is very laid back and relaxing.

I love SSR - our 3rd home - purchased after purchasing at BCV. I was not crazy for OKW. Just not in love with it like SSR. I would stay at SSR before BCV also.

I really can not pinpoint why I was not crazy about OKW. I know we waited forever for buses - especially the internal - we were there for 7 days and didn't see an internal bus until our 2nd to last day. We were in bldg 35 and after walking all day that extra 10 minutes carrying everything if we had to stop first at the store, was hard. I wasn't crazy about the time of year. Spring break is crazy with the number of people. We went this time of year due to Kingston High School was performing and the friend that went with DD and myself, her sone performed with the Choir in Epcot so we didn't have much say in the time of year. We had 2 studios and they were not ready until late in the day.

I may stay there again at some point but will be back to SSR before long

I slightly prefer OKW for the awesome rooms and the Jimmy Buffet music. I don't own at either, but have stayed at both multiple times when I called for a last minute trip and my home resort (VWL) wasn't available. But SSR is very nice too and I'm never disappointed when I stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter