"Old" (Summer) Free Dining Question

Riley

Earning My Ears
For those of you who booked the summer free dining (like in Sept), did you get a discount on the room, too?

I have a friend who just booked and said she got 35% off the room AND the free dining. Is that right? I thought they were two different deals and you had to book one or the other, but she swears she got both.

Thanks!

If she was able to, she is the first I have ever heard of being able to combine 2 codes.
It is rack rate for room/FD/1 day base MYW ticket per person on ressie
OR
% off of room only...35%, 40%..whatever code being used.

Last Sept they were offering a bounce back free dining for this year while we were there. You had to pay rack rate for the rooms, buy at least one day MYW tickets for everyone in the room, and got free dining. However, they also had an offer for OKW and SSR only, where you could get I think 30% off the room if you chose one of those two resorts and still get free dining. Your friend may have booked at one of those. All other resorts required you to pay rack rate for the room though. Other than that one bounce back offer, I've never heard of anyone not having to pay rack rate to get free dining. Disney has never allowed stacking of codes.

Last Sept they were offering a bounce back free dining for this year while we were there. You had to pay rack rate for the rooms, buy at least one day MYW tickets for everyone in the room, and got free dining. However, they also had an offer for OKW and SSR only, where you could get I think 30% off the room if you chose one of those two resorts and still get free dining. Your friend may have booked at one of those. All other resorts required you to pay rack rate for the room though. Other than that one bounce back offer, I've never heard of anyone not having to pay rack rate to get free dining. Disney has never allowed stacking of codes.

Yes, we had this offer in our room last Sept, we had the option of booking SSR or OKW with 30% off and free dining as the bounceback, we chose to stay with POFQ again this year though.

But the bounceback from last September was a bit more than the Free Dining offered later....as many of us called back after the public code was released and there was a difference on our balance....so there may have been a small (very small) discount on the room for the public code? I think it ended up being about 50.00 cheaper for most people (we have 2 rooms so it was a bit over 100.00 cheaper).

Thank you all for the replies. It was definitely not a bounceback - it was a "last minute" trip and she just booked a couple weeks ago. They are staying at CSR.

I guess I'm just curious because we are going ona free dining plan and staying at a mod, and if you can really get this deal, I'd like it, too!

I just think she's mistaken...she said it was about $1800 for 2A/1C for 7 nights, and with 6 day tickets, that's about right without a room discount. :confused3

Anyway, no big deal, I was just curious to know if I had missed something because I always understood it was pretty much one deal OR another, not both.

is she maybe booking two rooms? one w/FD and one w/a discount? we almost always take two rooms and in the past i have booked package w/FD for one and different discount for the second...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter