OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

Theres a grilled cheese on the Beaches and Cream menu now....although not sure if you could get that to go.

Really? That’s great news! It must be new, the May 2012 menus posted don’t show it!

In college we used to say where ever there was an iron there could be a grilled cheese. Beaches and Cream does sound a lot better though.....

~NM

NM- perhaps if I get desperate enough…I am getting a Garden Grocer order, so I may resort to your method…

And there ARE irons in the rooms! I can post a picture if anyone wants.

Perhaps KJay could walk along SAB selling Grilled Cheese sandwiches while TigrLuvsPooh hawks the Grey Goose Slushies.

Still looking for more information on the closure, so I hope to be able to post details as they emerge.

Hmmm... a way to make money while at WDW....imagine the possibilitities! :rotfl2:

Perhaps KJay could walk along SAB selling Grilled Cheese sandwiches while TigrLuvsPooh hawks the Grey Goose Slushies.

Still looking for more information on the closure, so I hope to be able to post details as they emerge.

Have you seen the movie Benny and Joon. They make grilled cheese on the ironing board with and iron. They even discuss which setting to use to get the perfect sandwich :lmao:

Theres a grilled cheese on the Beaches and Cream menu now....although not sure if you could get that to go.

Keep in mind though that the grilled cheese at Beaches and Cream is probably not the type your daughter is used to. They use three or four different kinds of cheeses, and I'm pretty easy to satisfy, but I did not like it at all. It had a different taste that I did not enjoy. However, they may make one more "simple" if you ask. I imagine that wouldn't be too difficult for them.

Maybe the drink/ice cream window at Beaches n Cream will serve food to-go while Hurricane Hannah's is being refurbished?

Now we've got a business going!! :thumbsup2:lmao:

Maybe the drink/ice cream window at Beaches n Cream will serve food to-go while Hurricane Hannah's is being refurbished?

I hope not. That take out area is mad house at times and that's just for ice cream! I can't imagine what it would be like if food was included!!

Jay

I hope not. That take out area is mad house at times and that's just for ice cream! I can't imagine what it would be like if food was included!!

Jay

True, but at least its close to the pool. I'm trying to think of where they could set up a temporary quick service place.... Martha's Vineyard or Ariel's would probably be the only 2 places with access to a kitchen for hot food. But it's further away of course.

I know it's only the first, but any idea when we'll see the activities schedule for August?

If anyone is there now they might be able to post a photo of it... I definitely will do that on Saturday if nobody has had a chance yet to do so. :)

I know it's only the first, but any idea when we'll see the activities schedule for August?

If anyone is there now they might be able to post a photo of it... I definitely will do that on Saturday if nobody has had a chance yet to do so. :)

I have been looking at my movie source, and they haven't updated yet. I also have someone who may be able to provide me with a schedule.

In the meantime, if anyone who is staying club level has a moment to contact IPO to see if they would send a schedule to you by email, you could forward it to my email: beachclubdee@yahoo.com

I have been looking at my movie source, and they haven't updated yet. I also have someone who may be able to provide me with a schedule.

In the meantime, if anyone who is staying club level has a moment to contact IPO to see if they would send a schedule to you by email, you could forward it to my email: beachclubdee@yahoo.com

I will email them right now! :)

I'll be at BCV in October. Any suggestions on villa locations? I requested upper floor, but just wondering if it makes a difference...thanks!

We requested upper floor, Epcot view. We were assigned villa #450 (studio). We could see a few buildings above the trees (not the ball) and the fireworks at night when standing on our balcony and looking right. We liked our villa. It was at the end of a hallway, so foot traffic was minimal. We never heard anyone :thumbsup2. It was far from the elevators though, but it didn't bother us. We were above the service road but never heard vehicles. Now this is just us, but we reallly liked that view (we liked that view more than the quiet pool view). We did think the court yard view looked nice (that view faces the BC building). Have a great trip!

Yay! I'm going to subscribe now! I was hoping you would do another live report!

PS My DS and I just watched you on the Ultimate Fan show via YouTube! :)

My kids think it is so cool to be on YouTube! :lmao: They think it is cooler than when the show use to be on actual TV. ;)

So far, this is what I have been able to find out:

It sounds like the closing will happen towards the end of the month, not next week. Not sure of the exact date, but I think the last week in August, when guest attendance starts to slow down.

The inital plan is to offer packaged sandwiches to go near or in the arcade, hotdogs, drinks and other treats near Beaches and Cream and a Pool Bar with drinks sold at Poolside Gifts. I think there will be wait service at the pool.

Hope this info helps and I will post additional info as I get it.

We requested upper floor, Epcot view. We were assigned villa #450 (studio). We could see a few buildings above the trees (not the ball) and the fireworks at night when standing on our balcony and looking right. We liked our villa. It was at the end of a hallway, so foot traffic was minimal. We never heard anyone :thumbsup2. It was far from the elevators though, but it didn't bother us. We were above the service road but never heard vehicles. Now this is just us, but we reallly liked that view (we liked that view more than the quiet pool view). We did think the court yard view looked nice (that view faces the BC building). Have a great trip!

Thanks! That would be great to be able to see some of the fireworks from the balcony! Now that it's August, we only have two more months to wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter