• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Tickets. Still Good?

tamlav

Mouseketeer
I have four tickets from 1989 that were not used. They are All Three parks (3 at the time) for five days. We didn't go on the fifth day. I don't now if they have no expiration on them. There is nothing on the back about when they expire. How can I find out if there still good?

They should be. I used passes that were about 5 years old last year.

When you check in to your resort, ask. Or, get to the park early and go right to the ticketing window.

All regular tickets used to be good forever, you could even update a multiday pass to an AP as long as it was within 1 year of first use. WDW changed the ticket structure a few years ago making them expire in 14 days of first use unless you buy the non expiring option that is very expensive. Yours are fine and still good.

They are still good. We had some from '89 as well. My kids were still in the 'child price' range then:)
Took those tickets to guest services and they traded them in for new ones, did not charge us any extra for the child to adult ticket. They were very sweet about the whole thing:love:

1. You may prefer to save them for your souvenir scrapbook.

2. If your vacation is longer than three days in the theme parks, and you would need a new Disney ticket, it is more cost effective to buy that new ticket for the entire vacation for each person and not use the old tickets.

Example. You will be there for six days. If you bought a 4 day ticket expecting to use two of the old tickets, you save a grand total of about seven dollars compared with buying a 6 day ticket and not using the old tickets.

Nowadays, post-2004 tickets used more than 13 days ago may no longer be upgraded. Pre-2005 tickets that had any usage at any time may not be upgraded. Child to adult, or non-magnetic format to magnetic, exchanges can always be done.

The DIS recently added a section on Tickets that lists a phone number that you can call to check on the number of days left on your tickets.

We try to write on the back of our tickets how many days are left on them, but we don't always remember. My DH has an old Park Hopper Plus with all 4 pluses still good. Hope you find you have many more days of Disney fun on yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter