• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? on Miami Port Arrival time and how the Parking works at the Miami Port

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So I'm going to be going on my first cruise out of Miami soon and need to do my 30 day checkin soon and pick my PAT. So I was wondering, since I've read its bad now a days to arrive before your PAT but what happens if you are late? Do they let you in as soon as you arrive or do they make you wait, not sure the reason why they would but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this?
Since we are driving down from Vero Beach and I have checked the driving time but you never know about traffic or accidents along the way to make us late, so is it better to book your PAT late and maybe have to sit around or should I pick a reasonable PAT time?

Thanks
ctc917

When we were there we were the only ship, not sure if that matters but we were allowed to just wait outside the building until our PAT time was called then we could proceed in. I'm not sure exactly what time we got there, our PAT was 10:45, we left our hotel in Fort Lauderdale at 9:30. I want to say it was around 10:30 when we sat down outside the building (after doing the luggage thing)? We just started lining up outside the building in the order of our times but they walked up and down the line announcing what time was allowed to go in. I actually heard people say their PAT was 12:30 and they were there before we got there. Obviously, things can vary and what happened to us may not be what happens to you but I would say pick a reasonable time and do the best you can to be on time but don't panic if you are not.

So is the norm to line up at Miami port and if I was in that line and past my PAT time they would let me go to the front of the line?

thanks
ctc917

So is the norm to line up at Miami port and if I was in that line and past my PAT time they would let me go to the front of the line?

thanks
ctc917
Yes, basically they allow anyone into the building with the current PAT or anytime prior.....just not anytime later than what they have called. Similar with boarding groups once you get inside. They welcome anyone with groups up to and including the highest number they are on but not anything higher. For example, if you are boarding group 3 and once you get in the terminal they are boarding groups 1-5 then you are welcome to board but if you are group 7 then you would need to wait until your number is called.

I've heard that when parking at the Port in Miami to allow extra time because it is not a quick process. Is the procedure still to drive to DCL terminal to drop your bags then head to park and shuttle back to DCL terminal?

I guess married2grumpy brought up a good point I hadn't thought of, is the parking and drop off like at Cape Canaveral or is it way different and if different can someone give us an idea of how that process happens?

When we were there in June the parking was in the garage right near the terminal. I had read about people's previous experiences with having to park then take a shuttle to the terminal but that was not the case for our cruise. I'm not sure if that was because we were the only ship that day or maybe because it was the first sailing for the Dream out of her new home but for our particular cruise the parking was right there. Not sure how it has been lately?

If you drive to the port, first you'll pull up to the terminal to drop your luggage with the stevedores, after which, you'll park in Parking Lot C. It's just across the street from the terminal (C West is the door to enter if I recall). After parking, you'll go across the street, stand in line to get through the security screening (regardless of PAT) and then check in by CC club status (1st timers/Silver, Gold, & Platinum/Concierge). Once checked in, you head up to the terminal where you grab a seat based on boarding group. We were in BG3 in May so we were right by the entry ramp to the brow, later BGs were shuttled further away. Just like at PC, they announce BGs over the PA system and...away we go!

If you drive to the port, first you'll pull up to the terminal to drop your luggage with the stevedores, after which, you'll park in Parking Lot C. It's just across the street from the terminal (C West is the door to enter if I recall). After parking, you'll go across the street, stand in line to get through the security screening (regardless of PAT) and then check in by CC club status (1st timers/Silver, Gold, & Platinum/Concierge). Once checked in, you head up to the terminal where you grab a seat based on boarding group. We were in BG3 in May so we were right by the entry ramp to the brow, later BGs were shuttled further away. Just like at PC, they announce BGs over the PA system and...away we go!
Thanks for the info dad of 3 addicted to DCL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter