On site hotels and prepaying.....

LACOOP

Earning My Ears
I currently have a reservation for the HRH and wanted to prepay for my stay. Well.......I called to prepay and was given a number to call which naturally is just voice mail so I e-mailed loews and 2 weeks later I get an e-mail with an application to fill in and fax back to them where I can prepay with this form. After looking at it I was totally taken aback. Not only do they ask for your credit card number and room reservation number but they want you to photocopy your credit card (both sides) and also photocopy a picture ID and then fax it back to them.. Do I smell a wonderful opportunity for identity theft? I'm not assuming that it would be done but with all that is going on now I would think they could handle things better for prepayment and not give someone who might not even consider the possiblity the idea. I am sorry if I sound paranoid but I just needed to get this off my chest.
Thanks for listening.

If you are paranoid, then so am I. I don't understand why they would need you to do all that. You give them your credit card number for the deposit when you make your reservation. Why can't they simply take it verbally over the phone just like they do for your one night's deposit? Maybe I am missing something, but that does seem odd to have to photocopy your card and ID. I mean if they can take the CC number over the phone to pay for one night, why can't they for multiple nights.

I would love to prepay for my trip also, but I will pass that offer up.

I would NOT ever fax that type of info.....you have no idea of who is receiving it on the other end.

Remember...theft is simply opportunity....

just wait and pay when you arrive..thats what I plan to do.

Esmerelda :(

I don't blame you for feeling that way, but on the other side of the coin, I am upset whenever I use my credit card and they don't ask for ID, because ANYONE could be using my card! I'm sure they are just trying to cover you too, in case someone else is using your credit card without your permission.

Kind of reminds me, every year I get a call from the Faterneral Order of Police for a donation. This year when I donated, they asked me for a credit card #. I just laughed and told them, being in law enforcement, they of all people should know that you should not give credit card information over the telephone!! (when I say that, I mean to people that just call and "say" they are someone, and you have know way of telling if they are who they say they are) Finely, after I said I'd only donate if they mailed me something, they said they'd accept a check instead.

I dont know if it is possible but can you buy Loews Gift Certificates instead of doing the credit card information.

Or another idea is that if you have AAA you can buy Travelers Checks to help prepay your bill. I know that if I buy a Travelers Check I am not going to spend it before the trip.

As a person who has had their identity stolen thanks to Dumpster Divers I would not want to send my information over the fax machine. One wrong number and who knows who would get your information.

Hope it helps.

I prepaid our trip with a check. They told me where to send it to and I mailed it out. I thought that was easier than using a credit card.

I wanted to prepay our trip for May. It was not easy giving them our money. I had to call the accounting department. I left 2 messages. Finally, I think, I pressed zero and got a live person. I insisted on taking care of my payment before hanging up. I think they wanted to transfer me and I said no....

I did eventually prepay, and they sent me a receipt in the mail.

Donna in Maine

Why do they not want you to prepay??? It seems to me to be to their advantage for you to prepay. Why would they make it so hard?

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter