On the fence...

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
I'm actually considering giving up our great rate at the Dolphin for this because it our food expenses concern me. I would love to have our trip paid off before we go and not have to worry about each individual meal.

Even though my youngest DS still eats off the kids menu, I still think it would be to our advantage to get it. Oldest DS eats like a horse and loves steak and seafood. He'd even help to eat the youngest DS's appetizers and things like that. Most of the ADRs that we will be requesting are on the plan. The only place we want to eat that isn't is Fulton's, but I guess we'll just save that credit for our night at the Yachtsman.

Anybody else in our similar decision...what did you decide?

we are going for 10 days late Aug and will be getting the DDP. I do think it will save us some $$ but, for me, the best thing is not having to watch prices on the menu. Shrimp cocktail & filet mignon for dinner every night? Go ahead, I don't care!! This is the reason I love the DDP.

Pooch

I wasn't sure about the Dinning Plan in Dec. so I purchased a pre-paid Disney Dinning and Gift Card. I put so much money on the gift card and used to it buy our meals. After the trip I realized the the Dinning Plan would have saved on quite a bit of money, and it would have allowed my Dh to eat more than one meal a day. He felt like I was starving him. Just something else to think about if you can't get the plan.

If the AP rates were unavailable for my resort & dates, I was going to do the dining plan. We spent approximately $1200 (inc. dde discount) on food last year and the DP would have cost us $1400 + a 1 day ticket for the 6 of us. Aas things worked out I'm saving over $700 with the AP rate and decided against it.

I think alot depends on where your staying and if you have already purchased tickets. If you don't mind paying rack rates, need tickets, and planning table service meals, there's really little or no reason not to purchase the plan.

i just like to have everything prepaid how nice not to worry about keeping cash or credit cards on your person.

abaldacci said:
i just like to have everything prepaid how nice not to worry about keeping cash or credit cards on your person.

That's what I keep thinking....

dtuleya- What is the room cost you are getting vs. the cost of the room you will have to book at Disney?

You said you are giving up a great rate to get the dining.

The dining is a good deal, but I'm not sure if it is a great deal. Have you looked at the menus on www.allearsnet.com to see what you think your family might order and compare the svavings of cash vs. plan to how much you are saving at your current hotel.

You might be surprised to see that you are saving more with the hotel you are in now. Maybe you could buy Disney Dollard ahead to pay for the meals, then it is still paid ahead but you don't lose the savings at your hotel.

Just a thought.

We're paying $178/night for a Resort View Balcony at the Dolphin. I think the location and rate is too good to give up unless they would run some kind of special "package" deal.

Tinker*Shell*Bell said:
dtuleya- What is the room cost you are getting vs. the cost of the room you will have to book at Disney?

You said you are giving up a great rate to get the dining.

The dining is a good deal, but I'm not sure if it is a great deal. Have you looked at the menus on www.allearsnet.com to see what you think your family might order and compare the svavings of cash vs. plan to how much you are saving at your current hotel.

You might be surprised to see that you are saving more with the hotel you are in now. Maybe you could buy Disney Dollard ahead to pay for the meals, then it is still paid ahead but you don't lose the savings at your hotel.

Just a thought.

Exactly what I was thinking! Don't forget to add in the hotel change when calculating how great a deal DDP is for you.

Either way, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter