On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Go Mike!! This is so my style. Whenever we are in Muppets or Philharmagic and people sit in the middle of the row despite being told repeatedly to go to the end, I may or may not be known to "unintentionally" whack them with my back as I walk by.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Same here! Then I like to smile innocently at them and say "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" They have no idea!

Not sure if I’ve commented on your report before but just wanted to say I’m really enjoying it and we’ll done Mike for putting crazy, bad-mannered, ill-tempered woman in her place. People are nuts 😱. Love the empty park pics. Wish I was there 😌

I gotta keep you around! I need problems solved more frequently every day :rotfl: :rotfl:
::yes::

:lmao:
We woke up nice and early and got to security at Animal Kingdom at the wonderful hour of 6:30 am.
Nothing says Disney than standing in line at ungodly hours.
We were allowed in the park at 6:50 and held in front of the tree of life by cast members who would walk us over to Pandora.
Huh. That's different. Probably a good idea... although your experience says otherwise.
Usually this system makes it more civilized than the "mad dash free for all" at rope drop when everyone takes off running. This morning, however, there were some crazies in the bunch. Next to us at the rope were two women that I estimated around my parents' age. They were already having words with the family next to them about who was in front of who at the rope as we waited :confused3 :confused3 so I already was rolling my eyes at them.
:sad2:
Wow.
Once the rope dropped and we all began moving, a child behind one of the women stepped on the back of her sandal which caused it to come off her and caused her to yell and curse like a maniac. She and the woman she was with stopped and obviously I didn't because I didn't lose my shoe. A minute later, she came up and full on pushed me!
:eek:
Someone needs to go back to bed... for a week or two.
Most magical place on Earth, ya know...
I said what the he** is wrong with you and she immediately started screaming that I took her spot and she was there first and needed to get on the ride first.
Yeah... because you being in front of her will add hours on to her wait time.
Funny, though... I don't recall seeing her reservation for the head of the line.

Some people need to just stop breathing for a bit.
They ended up behind us after this incident and Mike may or may not have intentionally let others go into the queue ahead of us when we got to the entrance just to make them be a little further back :rolleyes1:rolleyes1.
:laughing:
Good! And good for Mike!
As you can see it was packed.
I was just thinking how empty it was.
Naturally, I had to take as many pictures as possible to demonstrate how empty it was.
But of course!
50801555208_e1d63ba76b_c.jpg
Hey! You! Get out of the way! These are supposed to be empty park pictures!

Well... at least she's not screaming.
Expedition Everest was our destination, which had a wait time of a whole 5 minutes posted.
Niiiice.
I like to quote Stacey at the top "There doesn't seem to be anymore track".
:rotfl:
One of my favorite pastimes- forcing Mike into selfies with me.
Atta girl. :)
I also love looking around at the top and seeing how many things I can spot around Disney property.
Me too!!
Apparently we turned invisible for our ride photo because this is what we got:
No. Halloween. You became ghosts.
After our ride, the wait time was still only 5 minutes so the only thing to do was ride again!
::yes::
Can you spot the animal in this picture?
Yup! Saw it right away. :)
What is going on here???

Mike: "You spent how much on that purse?"
Courtney: "But look how cute it is!!!"

I kind of love that! There is just no reason to be tthat way that early... Everyone there was going to get on fairly easily. Relax lady.

It was so ridiculous and overly dramatic! I get that we all want to get on the ride but she was just nuts!

Nice! It has been so long since we have been at an extra magic hours in the morning that was this empty. Awsome!

There's nothing better than empty park time.

Seriously? What is wrong with people? I would have been infuriated and not sure I would have been as nice as you

Ugh it was so ridiculous and dramatic! My problem is I get shocked at first and angry second so the reaction doesn't come in the moment!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Go Mike!! This is so my style. Whenever we are in Muppets or Philharmagic and people sit in the middle of the row despite being told repeatedly to go to the end, I may or may not be known to "unintentionally" whack them with my back as I walk by.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Mike has been known to do that also. I think you guys would get along great.

There really is little better than Disney then an empty park and AK is certainly my favorite. We were in it late at night one time when it was like this and it was so peaceful. What I wouldn't give for some of this right now.

Agreed! I love all the details in AK and it's so much easier to take them all in without people.

You look great :earboy2:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Not sure if I’ve commented on your report before but just wanted to say I’m really enjoying it and we’ll done Mike for putting crazy, bad-mannered, ill-tempered woman in her place. People are nuts 😱. Love the empty park pics. Wish I was there 😌

Thank you for reading! Ugh that lady was just over the top insane. I wish I was there too, especially pre-covid time in the parks.

Nothing says Disney than standing in line at ungodly hours.

Vacation of champions!

Huh. That's different. Probably a good idea... although your experience says otherwise.

We've experienced it many times at the parks and it usually does go pretty well but today was not that day.

Yeah... because you being in front of her will add hours on to her wait time.
Funny, though... I don't recall seeing her reservation for the head of the line.

Some people need to just stop breathing for a bit.

Ugh she was seriously the worst. We've encountered some miserable crazy people in the parks in our time but this lady took the cake.

Hey! You! Get out of the way! These are supposed to be empty park pictures!

Well... at least she's not screaming.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

No. Halloween. You became ghosts.

Oo you're right. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me.

What is going on here???

Mike: "You spent how much on that purse?"
Courtney: "But look how cute it is!!!"

I'm nor sure the photopass posed us for it lol but that conversation sounds like one we've had multiple times!!

Resort Hopping!

The Wine and Dine race weekend fell during our trip and I've always wanted to partake in a runDisney event, despite the fact that I don't run :rotfl: .

We decided to register for the 5k and let me tell you, runDisney event registration is no joke!

Anyway, part of the race weekend is the race expo where you have to pick up your stuff for the race (race bib, clear bag to check your stuff if you want, "free" tshirt). It's also where you can buy the merchandise for the weekend and there are all kinds of sponsor booths selling various things.

The expo took place on multiple days but since we were doing the 5k, we had to attend the first day. I'd read that merchandise lines can get insanely long so we got there at 9:30 am with the expo hours scheduled as 10 am - 7 pm.

This turned out to be an excellent decision because we were able to walk right into the building and the merchandise area with no wait.

Some wall art.

First, we went to the table to pick up our race bibs and found maps of all the race courses.

Then, a few minutes before 10 we entered the merchandise area.

It was by no means empty and there were plenty of people buying crazy amounts of merchandise to resell, I assume.

I was able to quickly pick up the things I wanted- an "I did it" magnet, a couple pins, the passholder pin and an ornament and check out quickly. The lines I saw posted later in the day made me really glad we came early.

We had to go to another building to pick up our shirts so we followed the crowd.

This is an awful picture of me and I couldn't keep my eyes open in the sun but the backdrop was really cute.

We made it to the next building and found a CM taking pictures with this cute backdrop.

I was excited to find runDisney buttons!

Lo and behold- we found another pumpkin decorating contest.

We picked up our shirts and browsed the sponsor booths quickly but didn't find anything we were interested in purchasing.

It was close to 10:30 at this point and there was a character meet and greet back in the first building that was due to start at 11 am so we headed back there.

There was a short line already when we got there which quickly got very long behind us. Everyone was speculating who the character would be.

It was patriotic Mickey! We got lucky that we got in line when we did because we met him at 11:06.

After that, we'd done everything we came to do and headed back to the car.

The plan was to go back to Old Key West and rest for a little while but on our way, I saw on social media that character meets had started at Art of Animation already so we took a detour. We were turned away from parking at AoA so we parked at Pop and walked over.

pre-COVID, the resorts had different character meets available on holidays so our Halloween tradition had become to resort hop and meet as many different characters as we could. It requires a little detective work since all the resorts don't post the times of the meets and you don't know who will be there ahead of time. But I feel like that adds to the fun and we've made good friends through these boards and otherwise the last few years to compare notes with.

The standard way that the meets would operate would be that two characters would alternate in 30 minute sets for a few hours. Some of the deluxe hotels have photopass available but most don't.

When we got there Daisy Duck was meeting!

Then we got back in line for Donald to come out!

In the last few years, we discovered two annoying groups of people at the meets. One are groups of tourists from certain countries who don't want pictures with the characters, just pictures of them in various poses. The problem is they come in groups of 6-8 and each one of them wants their own pictures in like 5 different poses so they take forever. The second was a group that runs an Instagram character page and plant one adult in line and then like 6 other adults come join them and each set needs their picture with the character and then shots of the character alone. :confused3:confused3 Our game for the day became to try to beat all of these people to the lines lol.

Surprise-we found yet another pumpkin decorating contest on our way back through Pop Century.

I really liked the gravestone for Illuminations. :sad:

Afterwards, we did go back to Old Key West to relax until 3 pm when I was starving.

We went to All-Star Movies because I'd seen on Instagram that they had a secret menu that you order from on a viewfinder and I wanted it lol.

I'll give you one guess what we found in the lobby when we got there.

giphy.gif

If you said a pumokin decorating contest, you're a genius!

Apparently this one had already been decided though.

The genie is pretty cool!

We'd just walked into the food court when our friends messaged us that they were at a DVC Halloween party at the Contemporary and invited us to join them. Of course we took them up on the offer! So we went back to the car and drove over.

We met up with our friends and spent some time catching up, eating and drinking.

There were two sets of characters meeting for the event and I was really excited to see the first set were characters I'd never seen before- Pain and Panic!

The other set were Gideon and Foulfellow who we'd met before but aren't out that often.

Resort Hopping part 2!

Afterwards, we were all ready to head out in search of more characters.

Oh look- more pumpkins.

I really liked the Coco one!

Our next destination was Pop Century.

We got there around 4:30 and headed to the pool area to find Goofy meeting!

Goofy was going to be swapping out with Pluto so I had Mike get back on the end of the line and I went for a snack.

Tie-Dye cheesecake! Yum.

Pluto was pretty excited.

I think he was upset my Mickey bag wasn't a Pluto bag? 🤷‍♀️

Next, we went to Saratoga Springs where we found Donald and Daisy in the cutest Western outfits.

After Saratoga Springs, we went back to our own resort, Old Key West to see what was happening there.

We found trick or treating in progress in a very creative way! There were all different decorated golf carts and you went to each one to get candy! As a side note, most if not all of the resorts had trick or treating going on but some were just going to a table to get it and others were scavenger hunt type actvities!

In the Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!

What ride am I?

This Haunted Mansion one was my favorite!

I know there was a character out meeting but we didn't wait for them but I don't remember why. Maybe the line was too long or it was someone we met already. 🤷‍♀️

Either way we moved on to Port Orleans French Quarter. Louis, from the Princess and the Frog had met at one of the Port Orleans resorts the last few years but we never made it there to meet him so I was hoping to find him this year.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case but we did find Mickey and Pluto in some cute Halloween outfits.

Our tradition the last couple years was to end the night with the monorail loop resorts and stop at the Poly and have food/drinks on the Trader Sam's terrace while watching Hallowishes.

With this plan in mind, we went back to the Contemporary where we found Daisy and Chip and Dale with a photopass photographer!

I quickly changed our plans around when I found out that Smee and Captain Hook were meeting at the Beach Club and I'd never met Smee so we had to go.

So we detoured and parked at the Boardwalk.

We walked over to Beach Club and quickly found Smee!

Resort Hopping part 3!

It was gonna be a little while before Captain Hook arrived so we partook in some of the other Halloween activities. There were different games and things you had to do to get candy and like the true adults we are, we joined in.

There were smores to make too!

You're welcome for this very clear, well-focused picture.

Then it was time for Hook!

At this point, all the resorts were pretty much wrapping up their activities for the night and I was starving so we decided to call it quits and seek out some food.

I came up with the brilliant idea to get drinks at the AbracadaBar and check out their food options. Kim and I had drinks here one time when we stayed at the Boardwalk but there really weren't any food choices at the time but I'd heard that changed since then.

We spotted a cool, lone golf cart on our way.

Luckily 2019 me knew that I wouldn't remember what was on the menu by the time I got to this trip report and for once, took a picture of the menu!

We decided to pick two things to share.

Abra Fries (parmesan cheese, truffle oil, meyer lemon aioli $11)

These were good and a MASSIVE amount of fries. We came nowhere close to finishing them. I do wish that, like all things of this nature, there were more of the toppings that made it to the bottom fries.

Seasonal Flatbread (prosciutto, basil pesto, divina tomatoes, caramelized onions, laura chenel goat cheese $21)

This was SO GOOD. And so filling. It was much larger than we expected but it was so good that we forced ourselves to finish it. Yum. I'll eat almost anything with prosciutto and cheese honestly.

And of course, drinks!

2019 me was not smart enough to note what drinks we ordered.

Mine was on the left and I know it was the Magic Mirror (bacardi rum, soda water, mango juice, sprite, lime juice $15). When Kim and I came, they did a cute little "spell" when you ordered this cocktail to have it change colors. That was no longer the case but it was still a good drink.

I think Mike's was the Hoodunit's Punch based on the look of it (captain morgan, orange juice, pineapple juice, coconut $15). I don't remember him not liking it and he's not hear to prove otherwise so I'm gonna say it was good!

After our food and drinks, we went back to Old Key West to go straight to bed because we had an extremely early wake up call and we'd stayed out too late as it was!

Here's a shot of our candy haul from the night (this didn't include our MNSSHP candy!)

Next up: running a 5k!

What a fun way to meet characters! :)
I didn’t know they had so many meet and greets at the resort for Halloween! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

The Wine and Dine race weekend fell during our trip and I've always wanted to partake in a runDisney event, despite the fact that I don't run :rotfl: .
I would lov to do one one day. So, I am intrested to hear how you liked it.

We made it to the next building and found a CM taking pictures with this cute backdrop.

Cute!

There were two sets of characters meeting for the event and I was really excited to see the first set were characters I'd never seen before- Pain and Panic!

OH that is a good score. I don't know if I have ever seen them out and about.

Pluto is always fun to meet and he always looks so cute in his photos.

Next, we went to Saratoga Springs where we found Donald and Daisy in the cutest Western outfits.
Holy characters!!! Who needs the Halloween Party!

Love her dress!

You're welcome for this very clear, well-focused picture.

What are the ball shaped items?

Those look amazing!!!

Seasonal Flatbread (prosciutto, basil pesto, divina tomatoes, caramelized onions, laura chenel goat cheese $21)

This too!!!!

I've always wanted to partake in a runDisney event, despite the fact that I don't run :rotfl: .
So more of a "strollDisney event" then. ;)
I'd read that merchandise lines can get insanely long
So... Since I'm unclear on the details... you get your medal after the run, yes? Or... ?
I've seen similar (perhaps even that one.)
Not a huge fan of the first 1K (roughly) being in the parking lot, but... I guess you gotta take the bad with the good.
there were plenty of people buying crazy amounts of merchandise to resell, I assume.
Familiar with that.
This is an awful picture of me and I couldn't keep my eyes open in the sun but the backdrop was really cute.
You look angry! :laughing:
It was patriotic Mickey! We got lucky that we got in line when we did because we met him at 11:06.
Not too shabby. :)
We were turned away from parking at AoA
Oh? Try "I'm picking up a friend." or "I'm picking up merchandise from the store."
pre-COVID, the resorts had different character meets available on holidays so our Halloween tradition had become to resort hop and meet as many different characters as we could.
Didn't know this, but... fun tradition!
You should have put your right hand on your face and matched poses. You're so close!
we discovered two annoying groups of people at the meets. One are groups of tourists from certain countries who don't want pictures with the characters, just pictures of them in various poses. The problem is they come in groups of 6-8 and each one of them wants their own pictures in like 5 different poses so they take forever.
oy...
The second was a group that runs an Instagram character page and plant one adult in line and then like 6 other adults come join them and each set needs their picture with the character and then shots of the character alone. :confused3:confused3
Our game for the day became to try to beat all of these people to the lines lol
:laughing: I bet!
I really liked the gravestone for Illuminations. :sad:
Sorry! Was never a big fan, so don't lament its loss.
I'll give you one guess what we found in the lobby when we got there.
No viewer?
I was really excited to see the first set were characters I'd never seen before- Pain and Panic!
I had to Google them. :sad2:
Great shot! :thumbsup2
We found trick or treating in progress in a very creative way! There were all different decorated golf carts and you went to each one to get candy!
That's cool. I like that. :)
This Haunted Mansion one was my favorite!
Of course. As it should be. ::yes::
Huh! But... did you make some?
oooohhh... yes please.
Yum! Yes please again!
Here's a shot of our candy haul from the night (this didn't include our MNSSHP candy!)
Pretty good haul!

This sounds so much fun. I can't wait until my kids are not in school anymore and I can go to Disney when ever we want. I have always wanted to do Halloween and Christmas there. Lets hope that at least some of this stuff comes back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter