??? on where to find boys' Mickey t-shirts.....cheap!

ratow

Earning My Ears
Trying to stock up on t-shirts to surprise the kids with once we're at WDW (10/19-25).
I CANNOT find (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Disney Store) boys' (7-10 size) Mickey t-shirts! Or even normal looking girls' (10-14 size) t-shirts.
The only ones the Disney Store had were Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Lilo, etc. I doubt he will wear those even though he's only 7. I didn't see any other choices on the Disney Store web site.
I have found little kids t-shirts (toddler and under) at K-Mart. All Pooh/Tigger.
Any ideas for me? Thanks.
Jamie

We have a store in the south called Big Lots. A kind of discount store. They tend to carry these quite a bit. Might want to check with them if you have one in your area.

I'm having the same problem, only with infant's clothes. I wanted to find a mickey outfit for my 4 month old to wear to Disney World and they seem kinda nonexistant. I finally decided to go buy some iron on transfer paper and find some mickey clipart online so I could make my own.

The gift store in the hotel. Every three feet once you are inside the gates of any WDW park.

I gave up. I even talked to The Disney Store manager locally ("you'd think you guys would always carry Mickey in ever size!" And she agreed)

The good news is that the basic t shirt at Disney is usually not that much more expensive. Especially if you hit the clearance racks.

Have you tried e-bay? I bet someone is selling a new Mickey T-Shirt on e-bay - and if they aren't now, there will be one there next week!

Princess Aurora- Target had some very cute Disney infant outfits. They had Mickey, Minnie, Piglet & Pooh. I'm not sure if they still ahe them but if they do they're probably on summer clearance.

Jordan's Mom - Sorry. No Big Lots up in Wisconsin that I know of! And since my husband says I shop in the "tri-state area", I think I would have run across it if there was one! LOL

crisi - Thanks! My plan had been to secretly buy these and bring them along to surprise the kids. But if all else fails....
"Not that much more expensive"....$7? $12? $20?

My Disney Store person said they will be phasing out the clothing and just doing toys, costumes, etc. I was so disappointed in how little they had in stock.

I'm a little scared of ebay! I've never even visited it, let alone bid! Never tried priceline either. Shoot, these boards are the first time I've visited/gone on a bulletin board.

I'd say between $7-12 for a children's basic t-shirt. They can get more expensive and fancy, but I don't think I (even in my "we're at Disney, its only money" moments) would have spent more than$12 for a children's t-shirt. I have good luck checking the clearance racks once I get into the parks (and we found some bargain stuff in the hotel gift shop on the clearance rack as well).

I've found most WDW merchandise to be reasonably priced (considering) and well made. There are always exceptions.

Once you get there, there are a TON of places to shop - and your husband can take your son on a ride while you "rest" and pick up a couple of things - and still keep the surprise (and your kids out of the stores!)

Regarding a previous post which suggested Big Lots....they aren't exclusively in the south (I know they have stores in Illinois and Minnesota) and they don't advertise a whole lot, so there may be one that you've never noticed. You can go to their website: www.cnstores.com and click on "About Us", then on "store locator", then put in your zipcode or city/state and give it the radius in miles that you want to check and it will list out the stores with addresses and phone numbers that match your search criteria. You never know, you might just luck out.

whozit - GASP! CHOKE! A store within the "tri-state area" I missed. Did the locater thing on the Big Lots store locator and, ta-da! There are two within 40 miles of me! I'm shocked! But I will go check them out!

crisi - If my quest from home is not fruitful before our mid-Oct. trip, I will sent the hubby (and all 5 kids) off and shop the clearance racks at WDW. I'd be thrilled with $5 but would pay $7.

Thanks all.

If any one else knows where to buy kids' Mickey t-shirts (sizes 7-12) other than WDW, lemme know!

Jamie

ratow,

If you don't mind a little extra work, I noticed some real cute Disney Patches at Wal-mart. They had all different characters and they would iron or sew on. They would look cuteon plain jeans. I saw them in the fabric section. Good luck.

Jordan's mom

I'm not sure where in WI you live, but there are 2 Big Lots in the Milwaukee area...it's kind of hit or miss there though, it depends on what's in stock that day. They did have some cute Mickey/Donald Tshirts at Target on clearnace too.

Jaimee (great name)
I'm halfway inbetween Milw. and Madison. I can't believe there's a discount store I haven't heard of, let alone a whole chain!
I'm going to try to hit the Madison one soon.
I did check at the Delafield Target but couldn't find anything at all.

Jordan's Mom - My kids aren't totally into Disney at this point - just wanted a shirt or two to wear at WDW and to keep for souvieners. I figure they'll be more into it after we go, though!
Thanks for the great idea.

Jamie

I checked my Target store too and they don't have anything left in the summer line. They did seem to get in a new winter line of Mickey and friends outfits but thats too hot to take to Florida. I should've bought them when I had the chance, but I talked myself out of it because I didn't know what size he would be in by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter