'Once Upon a Dream' PTR - May 2014, Hotel New York

Yeah I think the boys would like Blue Lagoon. They both love Pirates. I'd need to book that in advance to get a good table wouldn't I?

I would and ask for beach side table....though they can't guarantee that it usually works out that you get one if you have requested!

Great choices........ Don't miss Blue Lagoon! It's a lovely experience - gorgeous food, lovely atmosphere and the pirate boats going by with waving riders.

I find atmosphere in Blue Lagoon just great. It's a shame we're don't like sea food.

I find atmosphere in Blue Lagoon just great. It's a shame we're don't like sea food.

DH & I like fish, it's not the kids favourite food but I'm sure there will be something on the menu that they like. :)

I found out the theme of the Inventions Brunch for when we're there....Cinema....which means no special characters. So I don't know now if we'll do that or just go to Inventions on another evening.

dhidra said:
DH & I like fish, it's not the kids favourite food but I'm sure there will be something on the menu that they like. :)

I found out the theme of the Inventions Brunch for when we're there....Cinema....which means no special characters. So I don't know now if we'll do that or just go to Inventions on another evening.

I think it should be fun anyway. My kids like characters in different outfits. Last time they counted how many different they saw. I just would be puzzled what characters to add to the autograph book.

Make sure to have a go for us! We'll miss it completely :(

I was thinking of you when I saw that Kizzabel! Hope your kids won't be disappointed. It's a great ride for kids, but the Dumbo movie is lost on my two. Actually they don't show much interest in a lot of the classics. :-( They much prefer the Pixar ones.
Although, Peter Pan is a favourite at the moment. So I'm really glad that ride isn't closed!

I was thinking of you when I saw that Kizzabel! Hope your kids won't be disappointed. It's a great ride for kids, but the Dumbo movie is lost on my two. Actually they don't show much interest in a lot of the classics. :-( They much prefer the Pixar ones.
Although, Peter Pan is a favourite at the moment. So I'm really glad that ride isn't closed!

Last Friday my kids watched Pinocchio. This Friday it's Bambi. Couple of weeks ago they were showing Cinderella. So every Friday night is a Disney movie night. And a get couple of ours of silence and peace. My kids love all Disney movies. Am so happy they are showing the old ones on tv. When it's finally Beauty and the Beast turn I'm watching too.

dhidra said:

Lol Peter Pan is on permanently here too! The kids love walle & robin hood but refuse to watch up anymore. Cant understand this at all! Best film ever! I think Dug is hilarious.
I broke the news last night but they were a bit miffed when I said flying carpets is closed too but reminded me of orbitron. Gaaah hate that ride! Im not limber enough for climbing in & out of it! 100 sleeps for you! That deserves a :yay: :banana:

I'm really enjoying reading Trip Reports...I was thinking of doing one on put last trip (March 2012)....I can figure out what we did each day from the photos!

dhidra said:
Oooh I thought 100 sleeps was tomorrow! Ah I'm so excited!!!!!

Lol my phone has a ticker & i have a countdown on my dresser! Surrounded by reminders!

dhidra said:
I'm really enjoying reading Trip Reports...I was thinking of doing one on put last trip (March 2012)....I can figure out what we did each day from the photos!

I promised to take photo of each ride we do so I don't forget what and when we did!

Opinions on this meal plan please. I keep changing my mind!
We're going full board premium, we'll have 2ad +1ch voucher. For the restaurants that are not I'm the premium category, I plan on using the cash value and getting an extra child's meal for DS2.

Sunday
Inventions Brunch
Manhattan Restaurant (HNY)

Monday
Walts/Blue Lagoon/Steakhouse
Auberge de Cendrillion/California Grill

Tuesday (DS2s birthday!)
Cafe Mickey
Buffalo Bills

Wednesday
Walts/Blue Lagoon/Steakhouse
Auberge de Cendrillion/California Grill

Thursday
Counter Service lunch
Rainforest Cafe

Well I think we'll scrap California Grill. DH really likes it but it's just not ideal with two small kids, and we'd have to pay extra for DS2. Another time maybe!
So we'll do Auberge on the Monday night and then probably Inventions again on the Thursday night.

I'm starting to pick up some activity bits & pieces for the boys...am loving the planning!

DH got these for the boys yesterday! They're delighted!

ar439005

http://www.clothingattesco.com/fancy-dress/disney-peter-pan-dress-up-costume/invt/ar439005

ar339586

http://www.clothingattesco.com/fancy-dress/lets-pretend-pirate-dress-up-costume/invt/ar339586

What was the weather like when you went in May Rosebug? The first time I went it was May and it was quite hot....but that was 1992!!!! :-D

Sorry - I have only just noticed this now!

Weather was lovely in late May/early June - shorts and t-shirt weather. Sometimes too hot! This was 2009!

Loving your meal planning. Next time we go I want to go for a full week and eat at Walts/Blue Lagoon etc. Finally!

Thanks! Hoping for nice but not too hot weather!

I think im actually going to cross Walts off the list. DH & I like it but I think it's probably too long a meal for the two boys with no characters! Moght do a buffet instead. Argh I keep changing my mind!

Thanks! Hoping for nice but not too hot weather!

I think im actually going to cross Walts off the list. DH & I like it but I think it's probably too long a meal for the two boys with no characters! Moght do a buffet instead. Argh I keep changing my mind!

This is why Walt's is off my list too and changed to a buffet. Buffets are better for boys. Walt's is nice, but my little eaters are quite fussy. And I do think Walt's is too fancy for them and out of their style.

Still thinking if we should do Rainforest cafe. Any changes in in the menu do you know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter