Once Upon a Fairytale-Germany Adventure !

disneytraveler

<font color=purple>will the real celeb please step
:goodvibes Once Upon a Fairy Tale -Germany

This ABD adventure was indeed magical for me!:wizard::cloud9:Let me start by stating i have traveled to Germany 3 times before . It was way back in the 1980;s and 90's. The first two trips were by a tour company and then the last time by myself traveling solo. I booked and planned the tour myself.

The trip i did on my own was close to the path as this ABD tour. I wanted to travel the fairytale road many years ago. I started out in Frankfort amMain
and went by train along the route.:) I stayed at romantic hotels and made train stops at the towns the Grim Brothers were at like Alsfeld. Since i was walking i could not get to the all the wonderful casltes back then but i still had a good time on my itinerary.

I would from time to research how on the web these castles. I saw old and new websites but did not go further.
Now after reading ABD's adventure ,i was so happy to book it. Trendenberg
Castle was one of the castles i wanted to stay or atleast visit and look at way back then! Disney has it for some hotel nights!:cool1::cloud9:

I chose a pre-stay in Heildelburg because i never did a pre-stay before in any of my ABD trips. I thought it would be a nice change and it was!:goodvibes Upon arriving at the Crown Plaza Hotel ,i was given a hotel room upgrade!:) After a few moments in my room for getting refreshed , then i was off exploring the town. Before the trip, i read alot about the town and the old city. I headed to the old city which is 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. The Haupte Strasse is the main pedestrian shopping avenue. It is a long avenue to. From here i walked down to the Holy Ghost Church and the Jesuit Church. The Holy Ghost Church is 611 years old ! It is a few euros to walk up the church steeple which long and narrow. I went 90% of the way and then headed back down. I should have worn my walking shoes instead of sneakers. I hurt my left foot coming down the steps. Next , I found the Philophers Way and started to walk up the path. My foot was still sore and the day was getting hot. So, i did not make it all the way and turned back around. But it did find the path! .
I ate dinner at the White Swan on Haupte Strasse. There is a brewery tour inside the place but i did go inside for it. I had a nice dinner ! A regional dinner -saugages, boiled potatoes,and suaercraut.(sp). I ordered a pilsner to drink. The dinner and the beer were very good. I walked down to the end of the street to Ice Cafe Roma for an ice Cream!
After dinner, i went back to the hotel to rest for the next day.

On my full next day, i walked down to the river . From here, i went over to the Old Bridge and the bridge monkey. The weather was vey hot but you can see the caslte from the bridge . I tried to get a picture but the sun was too bright in the lens. While walking around Heildelburg, i found the old university building. I must have went past the student jail. Along the way , there the Corn Market and other places can been found to.

Tonight is the welcome reception at the hotel!
I met all the other travelers on the tour during dinner.:goodvibes Dinner was a buffet of hot and cold food. The buffet was great! The were all kinds of desserts to. The elderberry tort was very nice.
The guides gave me a little gift because they knew i had to reschedule this trip due to it being cancelled. It was several nice candy bars and a book on
Germany attractions.:wizard:They did not have to do this. Thanks Jennae and Marc!

Great trip report so far--thanks for the tips re the Holy Ghost Church and walk up the steeple for the view, and you've got me curious about the Bridge Monkey! By the way--was your trip an adults only, or family trip?

Great trip report so far--thanks for the tips re the Holy Ghost Church and walk up the steeple for the view, and you've got me curious about the Bridge Monkey! By the way--was your trip an adults only, or family trip?

It was an adults only trip.

How hard was it to get around not speaking German?

Thanks for posting -I love trip reports

:confused3 You thought i vanished from the Dis ,no i had to get my cd rom fixed and now it is . I will be posting again soon with photos.:):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter