ONE meal in Disneyland (not DCA)...where do you eat?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
We're doing a super budget trip, if I can pull enough $$ aside, I'm hoping to eat one meal in the park the one day we're there. We have 4 kids, but my 2 oldest eat adult meals. They love Rancho Del Zocolo, but I'm wondering if we're missing something amazing somewhere else.

Plaza Inn for the fried chicken. But if you love Rancho, go there. We don't put it at the top of the list because there's an abundance of Mexican food where we live. And if you're going budget and want something everyone likes, try Earl of Sandwich. Each sandwich is under $10 and they're all really good. And then you can get some beignets from Jazz Kitchen Express for dessert.

I would also go with Rancho if that's what your family really likes. However, if you're looking for something new I would go with either the Plaza Inn or the French Market (for CS) or Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe (for TS).

Plaza Inn has amazing fried chicken. The pot roast is also pretty good. I haven't been very impressed with their pasta dishes (bland, with mushy pasta).

French Market has a variety of good options. I like the French Dip sandwich and the French Market chicken. The beef stew has good flavor, but the portion is small and it's mostly bread bowl. Next door to the French Market is the Mint Julep Bar, which as the Mickey beignets.

Cafe Orleans, like the French Market, features a creole/New Orleans-themed menu. It recently got an overhaul, but my favorite gumbo and pomme frites are still on the menu. It also serves the beignets and is a great spot for people watching. The monte cristo is a very popular item, but I find it to be very heavy.

Carnation Cafe features American comfort foods. I like the fried pickles and the meatloaf. The portions are pretty good sized.

We love Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe, but I like Rancho Del Zocolo, too, and it is more affordable. I would look at all the restaurant's menus online and see what food appeals to your family. Some of my family members are not that adventurous, and that narrows our choices!!

As a follow-up thought...if you're going to do CS...do you want/need to eat an entire meal all at once? If not, I would consider having a "progressive" meal. For example, start at the Plaza Inn and order the fried chicken. Share it among everyone so everyone can have a taste. Then move on to the French Market and try something there and keep going. It's a fun way to try a lot of different things, but it does take time.

As a follow-up thought...if you're going to do CS...do you want/need to eat an entire meal all at once? If not, I would consider having a "progressive" meal. For example, start at the Plaza Inn and order the fried chicken. Share it among everyone so everyone can have a taste. Then move on to the French Market and try something there and keep going. It's a fun way to try a lot of different things, but it does take time.
This sounds like a fun idea, but we only have one day in the parks...maybe next year!

I was going to say Rancho! We love it there! The food quality is high and I love the atmosphere too.

In Disneyland, for table service we've done Carnation Cafe, Minnie's breakfast at Plaza Inn, and Cafe Orleans. Out of the three, I recommend Carnation Cafe. We did QS at the Jolly Holiday Bakery, which was nice too.

Go where your family loves! You have one meal so it has to be great or you'll be really bummed. IMHO none of the meals themselves will be "great" taste wise and none are that impressive atmosphere wise either. I'm so not trying to sound like a snob- I love Plaza Inn & French Market! If what your family loves is RZ, then in your shoes I'd keep to that.

If it's cold out, French Market or Plaza Inn. That food is HEAVY but so good at both places.

If it will be summer, stick with Rancho del Zocalo or if you want sit down, Carnation Cafe.

Another vote for French Market...counter service but great food. One of my go to places for "real" meal and not have to do table service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter