Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

Have you tried using another internet browser? Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome?

I was able to pull up all my adrs by going to the "my disney vacation tab" and scrolling down to dining reservations... I don't know anything about canceling reservations online.

Anyone else having issues getting the +10 function to work today?

I made half my reservations online this morning logging on and getting the +10 functioning on several tabs. But when I tried to get the rest of my reservations I couldn't get any date to open up past 12/2/09. This was at 6:00 this morning. I've tried through out the day to get it to work.

I've tried two different computers, 2 to 3 different browsers on each computer. I've cleared cookies and temp files. Still nothing. Any suggestions on anything else to try?

I got the rest of my ADR's by calling in, but there were a couple I wanted to check on and maybe switch around, so was hoping to mess around and see what I could do to tweak my schedule.

When people speak of the 90+10 tab, is that a separate place on the screen that should appear, or just that it would light up / allow those dates on the pull-down calendar?

My 90 day day is tomorrow, and I've been playing a bit on the online ADR thing to get familiar with it. It is only lighting up up to Dec 2nd right now in the calendar, as would be expected.

It brings up my confirmed reservation information with my Disney/AAA confirmation #. Does that mean I should not have a problem doing the 90 + 10?

AND should I be concerned when it says "your party may be seated at more than one table" when I try to see availability for our party of 7?

When people speak of the 90+10 tab, is that a separate place on the screen that should appear, or just that it would light up / allow those dates on the pull-down calendar?

My 90 day day is tomorrow, and I've been playing a bit on the online ADR thing to get familiar with it. It is only lighting up up to Dec 2nd right now in the calendar, as would be expected.

It brings up my confirmed reservation information with my Disney/AAA confirmation #. Does that mean I should not have a problem doing the 90 + 10?

AND should I be concerned when it says "your party may be seated at more than one table" when I try to see availability for our party of 7?

See the instructions below, which momtobrynncess posted. Very helpful. I used them this morning to get half of my reservations made. The tabs that are mentioned are tabs on your internet browser. If you right click on a link, there is usually the option to open the link in a separate tab. I used this to open up each different restaurant.

Since I have read so many posts from folks needing help, and being a little intimidated/apprehensive about making their adr's online, I thought I would offer a little help. I am by no means an expert, and I got most of what I learned by helpful dis'ers who know more than I do. I just thought I would condense it into one place that everyone could find easily. Please feel free to add helpful tips/issues you may have (had/experienced), as I am sure I have not included all that people may be looking for. Here goes:

Before we get started, use the handy dandy reservation calculator here on the Dis, to get your 90 day date exactly right. One day too late, and you might easily miss the ones that are really popular. The 90 +10 information listed below is specific to resort guests only. If you are staying off-site, you will need to call back each day after 90 days to make your adr for each day of your vacation at the 90 day mark.

1) Have a list of all the restaurants you want, in order of importance to you. Have the date, time, and party size (if it changes from day to day) written down. You might want to have an alternate restaurant/date available, in the event your first choice is not available.

2) VERY IMPORTANT!!! Have your resort reservation number written down along with your adr list!! You will need to enter this number in order for the system to open your 10+ window!!! Additionally, be sure to have a credit card handy if you are planning on making any adr's which require a credit card to secure the adr. (Example: CRT) There have been some issues with the system requiring payment in full when making an adr for CRT. I personally did not have this problem, but some have. If you are on the dining plan, hopefully the system will recognize this, and not charge your card. However, you will need to enter your cc information when making the adr for CRT.

3) The night before, set your alarm clock (and coffee maker) for about 5:30ish (depending on how much time you think you will need to wake up the next morning:surfweb:). The online system opens at 6 am Eastern Standard Time. The call center opens at 7:00 am for things like CP, Fantasmic Packages, etc.

4) Depending on how proficient you are with your computer/internet browser, log on to your computer at about 5:45 am, and go to:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

5) Select your first restaurant. Example: Cinderella's Royal Table
You can type the name of the restaurant you are looking for into the search, or search by location.

6) When the restaurant comes up, you may have to click on it, or click on book online. You will know you are in the right place when you see "Loading" and the circle spinning around. When it comes up, under the picture, you will see a bunch of information. Look for where it says: Retrieve your reservation in blue. Click on that, and enter the information it asks for.

7) Once you do this, then open up multiple tabs on your internet browser. Sometimes referred to as tabbed browsing. I personally have Windows IE, and I am sorry, but I know nothing about any other type of browser. I only know that mine allows for tabbed browsing. Open tabs equal to the number of restaurants you want to make adr's for. (I opened up 9 tabs). For each tab, go to the restaurant you want.

This was why I suggested waking up so early. For me personally, it took me a while to get each tab to the restaurant I wanted.

8) If you still have time before 6 am on the atomic clock, go ahead and enter times and party size. When it comes time to refresh, you may have to re-enter the information, you may not. It depends on your computer. But if you don't have to re-enter, it may save you time to do it now.

9) At 6 am on the dot, make sure you are on the tab with the restaurant of your first choice - that is the one that you absolutely, positively must have. Refresh that page, and click on the calendar. The calendar should (I repeat should) open up the first date of your stay, and 10 days after that. You will know if it has done this, by scrolling over the calendar days, and seeing that it will allow you to click on those 10 days.

10) Click on the date you want to make the adr, enter the time, and the party size. Then click on check availability button at the bottom of the page. The computer will tell you it is checking, then produce answers for you. At the very top of the page, if the restaurant you want is available, it will show you what times are available. If the time you wanted is not available, it will give you some close times. If there is no availability at all, it will tell you so. It will also give you some other choices. Make your selection, and add it to your cart. You will then see that the "item" is in your cart.

11) Go ahead and do the same for all the other tabs you want.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Watch your time!! You will need to act quickly. If it has been 20 minutes since you opened your tabs, when you click on them, it will tell you that your session has timed out. You will need to log back in, and the message tells you that you will lose any items in your cart. Try not to let this happen.

I have heard it suggested to make the most important adr's first, say 2 or 3 or 4, then check out, and go back and make more. This is certainly not a bad idea at all. Again, it all depends on how proficient you are, and how quickly you can move through the process. Most of the posts I have read show people completing multiple adr's in less than 20 minutes. Additionally, most of the posts I have read show people getting everything they wanted with very few exceptions (CP at Le Cellier is a tough one to get).

When you have all the adr's you want, check out, and you should receive an itemized list of all the adr's you made. You can either print this out, or wait for the email. Some have also said that they did not get the email, so you may want to print. If you don't have access to a printer, you can write down the confirmation numbers.

The process was simple for me, hopefully these tips will make it simple for others too.

Again, please feel free to add something I may have forgotten, as I certainly don't know it all. Just a few days ago, I was the one asking for advise, and I got so much helpful information. I just wanted to condense everything I learned into one easy place for people to find it.

One last tip! Practice a day or two ahead of time so that you know what to expect, and how things look, so you are not doing it for the first time on your 90 day mark. (I learned that one from Nadjalu-thanks!)

Good luck everyone! May you all get all the adr's you hope for!!! pixiedust:

Made all my ADR's this morning at 3am my time. *snore* I was online about 15 min before it was supposed to start (at 6am their time) and it let me make the reservations then. It was super simple. A little time consuming but it worked well.

I got most of what I wanted. Couldn't get LeCellier the day I wanted but ended up with a late lunch another day. Had problems with the time I wanted for Akershus breakfast but we'll make do with the earlier time.

I did call at 7am to try to get a Fantasmic Pkg. but they didn't have a single package available for the 2 nights F! was playing while we were there. We weren't convinced we wanted to go anyways, so we're just going to pass on F! while we're there.

I couldn't find a way to cancel on line either. I called DW Dining to cancel an early ADR for Captains Grill because I had finally gotten a later time on line,but when I asked CM to cancel my earlier time,she said it had already been cancelled.:confused3

That's common practice for larger groups, but they seem to do their darndest to seat you all next to each other. :thumbsup2

For the last 3 days I have been unable to use the online system to book my 90+10. I am using a mac with safari and have finally found out what the problem is. The online system is not optimized for safari so anyone using a mac will need to download firefox from the internet to be able to use the system.
Hope this helps someone.

i cant get my 10 days to show up on the calender....anyone know why this would happen. and what time do the phone lines open??

I am having the same issue. It was fine for about 5 minutes and then all of the sudden, even with my reservation associated, it would not let me book past the 90 day mark. Also, it wiped out what I had and now they are gone. So - I guess I will need to phone in a little later. This system is terrible. I do not understand why they would launch and advertise a product that does not function as it should.

Sorry to hear your having problems. I was able to book everything no problem. the only problem I now have is when I go to look up my dining reservations it is telling me that it can't find my resort confirmation number. Good thing I printed my dining reservations out.

I had 4 ADRs in my cart. I hit checkout and it came up with a blue screen. I went to dining reservations under my Disney vacation and it says your dining reservation(s) were successfully retrieved. It only shows one restaurant. Do you think that they are all really there? How do I find out?:sad2:

I just got off the phone. All four were in the system!:cool1: Now I can relax a little. We got all but one we wanted.

I was able to make our reservations this morning at 4 AM (eastern time) which was surprising to me :yay:. I thought I was going to have to wait until 6:00. But it was a pain getting ressies for Le Cellier and Ohana. We're only going to be there for three days in early December and when I searched our date range, it said there were only two time slots available for each one. Instead of having dinner at LC, we're now having lunch but I'm not complaining lol. I wonder if I had called instead if there would have been more options? (I've seen some people say that the online system isn't showing all available times for some reason).

eta: Fortunately I didn't have any major problems with booking. At first I tried using Firefox, but I was getting that weird error on top that another person mentioned (there was a messaged followed by a code with the letter E and a string of numbers). So I switched to IE instead and that worked like a charm. I already received one confirmation email... still waiting for the others.

If you go to My Disney Vacation and select dining reservations, you enter the dining confirmation # and the phone number you used when booking the ADR. It will retrieve your reservation. On the screen, there will be a button asking if you wish to cancel. After you click, it asks you one more time if you are sure that you want to cancel. When you say yes, it cancels.

You do not receive an email confirmation of a cancellation of an ADR.

This system is terrible. I do not understand why they would launch and advertise a product that does not function as it should.

Not everyone is having issues with the online system, so I don't know that it is not functioning as it should. I was able to use it for late October ADRS with no issues, and I see many posts on the DIS and other WDW boards where people have had no trouble with the online system.

I think it depends upon internet traffic, installed software and internet connection speeds, certainly some WDW issues, and sometimes even user errors (sorry, but my IT guy at work calls that a "loose nut behind the keyboard")

Good luck to all with your ADRs wheteher you are able to use online or have to phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter