• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check-in yes or no?

mckymomma13

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at Aulani Sept 1st. Is it a good idea to do the online check-in? What are the advantages or disadvantages? Just looking for some input. Thanks.

I say no. I always know the rooms that will be acceptable to me and want to deal with a person to negotiate that. Last time I did on line check in was for BCV and got the room from hell overlooking Epcot International Road (I think that's what it's called). Back of the resort with all the delivery trucks coming though. Never again.

It worked well for us b we arrived late in the day (9pm or so) and, because we had done online check in we were greeted at the valet and given our room keys right there. We got a quick tour of the lobby and went straight to our room. No need to visit the front desk at all.

I'm not sure that checking in on line helps in any way.My last two trips, one in March and one in June, I checked in on-line. My room wasn't ready, not unexpected given that we arrived about 10 am for one trip and 1 pm for the other. They texted the room number later in the afternoon, while we were out. Both times we stayed at AKL Kidani, savanna view. One time, we were the very last room on the south bead that faced sunset savanna, one the 5th floor, which had a decent view. In June, we were given a room that faced Pembe savanna that was next door to a room that had been changed from savanna to standard view, on the 4th floor, so, probably very nearly the worst savanna view room in the resort. I actually can't see how they can justify assigning bad/undesirable rooms to guests who make their reservations 11 mos out, and check in on-line. I am sure they know as well as we do which rooms are better than others. Of course, if the room is not ready, they don't let you know what it is until later, and by then (like when you return from the park in the evening) it is too late to change.

Like to use online check-in when we're planning to arrive before 2p - we seem to have better luck getting a room earlier. Just make sure you use the online check-in available on the DVC member site 10 days out and NOT the My Disney Experience check-in as the whole my Disney experience site seems riddled with problems..

They greet you at the door with the welcome packet and keys if you do online checkin at Aulani. Otherwise, you will have to park and then go to check in.

For Aulani, I say do it. We arrived Sunday night at about 8:00 PM, drove up to the entrance and by the time we had unloaded the luggage we were presented with leis, walked through the front door, and were handed our room keys. I didn't even see the front desk until a day or two later when exploring the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter