Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I noticed they were all booked too! We’re staying in a nearby hotel next month and I went to check and see how much the DL hotels would cost to see if we could do a night or 2 there and they’re all booked the entire week we’ll be there.
It is nuts. We always go the weekend of Columbus Day/Indigenous People’s day. And it is always crazy. I check the hotels daily, and there is availability that does come up day by day, so keep checking if you want to stay onsite. I am still trying to downgrade from a Pool view at the GCH, but so far, No luck.

It is nuts. We always go the weekend of Columbus Day/Indigenous People’s day. And it is always crazy. I check the hotels daily, and there is availability that does come up day by day, so keep checking if you want to stay onsite. I am still trying to downgrade from a Pool view at the GCH, but so far, No luck.
Hopefully it works out for both of us! This is our first trip to DL as we are from Florida so DW was always our go to. I’ve never had trouble booking a DW resort so I didn’t realize this issue would come up for DL.

Just because there is a precedent for it doesn't mean it should be done. And extra hours is vastly different then a party ticket.

I realize everyone's never going to agree on this I was just pointing out why I think it would be a bad idea and is different then what happens at WDW.

I'm not sure what you mean about OBB packages available but not individual sales with confirmed bookings?
Affordability is certainly an issue and something Disney has to grapple between profits and corporate citizen for accessibility. levels of access to a $159 six hour ticketed special event? Probably not the area of affordability nor costs of hotel stays.

Getting OBB tickets this year was harder than San diego comic con tickets.

Offering the local 3 day special offer tickets nearly year round -- that's where you will get traction on the argument for fair access

Now that there have been a few parties, I’m hoping for some good reviews and tips! Anyone going soon? We go 9/24.
I'm going this Sunday!

I'm also hoping to hear how people liked the new Judge Doom and Yokai treat trails. And the best snacks to try!

Last edited:
I'm going this Sunday!

I'm also hoping to hear how people liked the new Judge Doom and Yokia treat trails. And the best snacks to try!
Yay, I hope you can give us a detailed report! What are your costumes?

The party exclusive snacks look pretty lame to be honest! I think I’m going to grab a few of these at DL before we head over for the party and save them to have as parade snacks. They are soooooo good!

69769996-9407-4336-917B-C53667DF489D.jpeg

Yay, I hope you can give us a detailed report! What are your costumes?

The party exclusive snacks look pretty lame to be honest! I think I’m going to grab a few of these at DL before we head over for the party and save them to have as parade snacks. They are soooooo good!

Looks delicious!! I am going as Cinderella in her mouse made pink dress and my boyfriend is going as Prince Charming. I will definitely be posting about our visit and better photos :)

Attachments

• IMG_2760.jpg
    IMG_2760.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 29
I would love to know where is a good spot to watch the parade and specifically for a great view of the Headless Horseman!
We have a dining reservation for Wine Country Trattoria but haven't decided if we are going to get the parade viewing or not. Last year we opted not to and went to watch the 2nd parade and went to in front of the Jelly Fish ride 10 mins before it started and was right in front and saw the Headless Horseman perfectly. We might do the same thing. We noticed it was very easy to find spots for the 2nd parade. I will defiantly report back for this year.

I will say that the total number of onsite guests who might take advantage of an OBB ticket presale might be fairly small? I don’t know the numbers, but several here have posted about how many people can do resort guest EE and that the number overall is small. And folks would have to know that they were going and book the hotel several months in advance to take advantage of any pre-sale.

In any case, DLR does offer PPH, DLH and GCH, at very different price points (we have both the GCH and PPH hotel booked for an October trip and the PPH is less than half the price of the GCH, so I do feel that ”onsite” is not so exclusive as to exclude everyone except those that have very high budgets; that said, they don’t have a “value” level like the WDW resorts). As an onsite guest, the perks are getting less and less and the price just keeps increasing. So priority access to something like OBB tickets might be an idea for the future for Disney, but only if hotel bookings start to soften (at least for our October trip, no indication this is happening as all Onsite hotels are expensive, yet also sold out!).
I agree. On site guest should get a complimentary Disney band (that is the stuff that isn't being purchased by guests. You can use it to get into the parks and just about nothing else.). Instead of a half hour earlier to get into the parks, make it the hour again like it used to for the rates being charged. Bring back Steakhouse 55 and the tea time there. If you want more money from me and my family, Disney, offer the things I cracked open my wallet for! Oh, and bring back at Carnation Cafe the omelettes/eggs, bacon, sausage type breakfast. Bring back breakfast at Flos with the fruit platter. Bring the breakfast platter back at Galactic Grill too. Make it a bit easier for people who are eating low carb find food.

I keep reading that there will be no additional OBB tickets sold to guests, but has anybody gone to a lobby at 5am on the morning of? Everything I've read has been that people asked at other times like the night before, or multiple hours later. I could be wrong, and usually am, but so far this sounds a lot like the routine from previous years.

- Some cast members dissuade people from holding out hope for extra tickets (like last year).

- The given reason why tickets supposedly won't be offered is due to event being sold out (like last year... when additional tickets were made available).

- There is at least one conflicting report where someone or someones had success by visiting a lobby early in the morn this year (like conflicting reports about last year).

- Disney supposedly puts the kabosh on resale sites by revoking tickets (like last year).

- Additional ticket allotment/availability depended on the day last year per a cast member.

- Some people reported getting sold out Bash tickets at the ticket booths last year.

Despite all that, NO additional tickets will be sold this year? I understand that things change, but it sounds premature... This isn't wishful thinking, as I already have tickets. I'm just surprised that many people are accepting this as a reality. I'm guessing I probably have missed something.

I keep reading that there will be no additional OBB tickets sold to guests, but has anybody gone to a lobby at 5am on the morning of? Everything I've read has been that people asked at other times like the night before, or multiple hours later. I could be wrong, and usually am, but so far this sounds a lot like the routine from previous years.

- Some cast members dissuade people from holding out hope for extra tickets (like last year).

- The given reason why tickets supposedly won't be offered is due to event being sold out (like last year... when additional tickets were made available).

- There is at least one conflicting report where someone or someones had success by visiting a lobby early in the morn this year (like conflicting reports about last year).

- Disney supposedly puts the kabosh on resale sites by revoking tickets (like last year).

- Additional ticket allotment/availability depended on the day last year per a cast member.

- Some people reported getting sold out Bash tickets at the ticket booths last year.

Despite all that, NO additional tickets will be sold this year? I understand that things change, but it sounds premature... This isn't wishful thinking, as I already have tickets. I'm just surprised that many people are accepting this as a reality. I'm guessing I probably have missed something.
Thank you for this. Hope returns...🤞

Ppl in this very thread have gone at 5am and reported back from what I remember.

Ppl in this very thread have gone at 5am and reported back from what I remember.
I have been following this, and has anyone on this thread been able to buy tickets at the resort hotels this year? We did it successfully in 2021, but (if I have read all of the posts here correctly) no one has reported first-hand here that they were able to get them this year at the hotels (I think there was a second hand report). Someone correct me please, if needed! I hope I am incorrect (and like OP, we have tickets for this year but I am still hoping for others here to get tickets)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter