Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Universal is looking REAL good about now… sorry not sorry. I’ll throw my money where it’ll be appreciated…

I was going to bail on HHN this year because they raised their prices (again!) and I was planning to do OBB for the first time instead, so didn't want to dish out for both.

Welp. If Disney doesn't want me to do OBB, maybe I'll do HHN instead. Not that Disney cares. They'll still get their money, lol.

I was going to bail on HHN this year because they raised their prices (again!) and I was planning to do OBB for the first time instead, so didn't want to dish out for both.

Welp. If Disney doesn't want me to do OBB, maybe I'll do HHN instead. Not that Disney cares. They'll still get their money, lol.
Which night at you doing HHN? I love HHN and getting tickets for them is.... sooooo much easier. I can't wait for this year, I had to skip last year!

Which night at you doing HHN? I love HHN and getting tickets for them is.... sooooo much easier. I can't wait for this year, I had to skip last year!

If I do it, it will probably be mid-September, like the 15th because I'll be in LA anyway that day. I usually do it yearly, but wasn't going to this year. Now I'm definitely reconsidering! (And yep, unlike OBB, I know I'll be able to get tickets. LOL.)

Disney doesn't have an outside vendor per se. It is likely that they aren't hosting their server and that the service sits on AWS or some similar service. However, their is a large internal team maintaining the site, so unless the server went down (I can sill surf around the rest of the site) this is probably being handled internally.

Now if I go from the browser, I no longer get the queue, I just get the main site that says "tickets are coming soon."

From the queue site:

We apologize for the technical issues which have impacted general ticket sales for Oogie Boogie Bash. New sales are paused while we work to address these issues.

Guests can visit disneyland.com/oogieboogiebash on Thursday, July 6 at 9 a.m. PT for an update, which may include the date and time when new sales resume. We commit to providing advance notice prior to activating new sales and strive to make the process as smooth as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Completed ticket purchases will be honored.

See y'all next Thursday, I guess!

That's fantastic................................................................................

And are they even truly paused? Because they've been saying that the entire day and it's been not true.

I opened a new window and went through the Disneyland Site and received a message that the queue is now closed. My open window that was in the queue also just updated to say the same thing.

Do we think there is any chance they will be for sale before the 6th? Do we think it will be open on the 6th? That seems a long time away.

And.... I just got booted out of the queue. Queue is closed, with link that goes to a page that is an Error...

Do we think there is any chance they will be for sale before the 6th? Do we think it will be open on the 6th? That seems a long time away.

If this coming week didn't have a holiday in it, there might be hope for earlier sales, but I'm guessing Thursday was what they figured would give them plenty of time to get all the issues worked out and not have to make everyone login on the 4th of July.

Unbelievable

How big is Disney? How many tickets have they sold over the years? How many special events have they had?

Edit: And again, this is a zero risk game for Disney. They know they'll sell out. Today, psh, no big deal. Come in tomorrow and start the work day like normal. Call the outside vendor and see how things are going, don't approve overtime or anything though, we're trying to cut costs.

There is no accountability. No equal that is fighting to the attention and money of the public. This won't even affect them on wall street because it'll be spun as "we saw such incredible demand, demand that we've never seen before, that we had a ticketing issue."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter