• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opened by 2019?

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
I am curious. I know a year is not enough time for the announced changes to happened. However, if I plan a July 2019 trip, what might be opened by then? I know this is just guesswork and speculation. I am not basing decisions solely on comments here, but curious on your thoughts when things will be up and running. What could be opened by 7/19?

Toy Story Land - yes, we know this.
Star Wars land?
Tron Ride?
Guardians Ride?
Ratatouille Ride?
Mickey Mouse Ride?
Anything else?

I am highly hopeful that SW land will be. The others not so much, and seeing a 2021 opening more likely. Still, maybe one Epcot Ride opened by then??

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge should be open by 2019, though when in 2019 is still a mystery. I would think by the Summer season, but we just don't know. Anything can happen. I seriously doubt that any of that other stuff will be open by 2019. Maybe Ratatouille since it is a copy of an existing ride in Paris.

Also, don't forget that the newly updated Mission: SPACE will be open in just a few weeks, so that'll definitely make the cut. :)

From what I read of their projections, by July 2019, probably only Toy Story. We're looking at Oct/Nov 2019 trip and that may get pushed out if SW isn't finished by then. I think I saw that GotG, Rat., and Tron will open "in time for 2021 anniversary".

I am curious. I know a year is not enough time for the announced changes to happened. However, if I plan a July 2019 trip, what might be opened by then? I know this is just guesswork and speculation. I am not basing decisions solely on comments here, but curious on your thoughts when things will be up and running. What could be opened by 7/19?

Toy Story Land - yes, we know this.
Star Wars land?
Tron Ride?
Guardians Ride?
Ratatouille Ride?
Mickey Mouse Ride?
Anything else?

I am highly hopeful that SW land will be. The others not so much, and seeing a 2021 opening more likely. Still, maybe one Epcot Ride opened by then??
Toy story summer 2018
Star Wars late 2019
Tron by 2021
Guardians spring 2021
Ratatouille 2020
Mickey fall 2019

I've recommended this to others, I'd say 2020 is the safest bet if you're waiting. Personally, we're doing a shorter trip in '18 and I'll have an 8th grader in '19 :scared: (which makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills but it's true!) so we'll probably wait until August so we can do a graduation trip on APs in June of 2020. When he'll be an incoming HS freshman...I'm not ready hahaha

I'm bummed I think I'm going to miss toy story land by a few weeks. Planning an April 2018 trip.. it should open late May?

I'm bummed I think I'm going to miss toy story land by a few weeks. Planning an April 2018 trip.. it should open late May?

Disney is officially saying “Summer 2018”. Most fan communities are assuming it will be opening Memorial Day weekend, like Pandora.

Not an attraction but the gondolas should be up and running by then (summer 2019) right?

And sort of related question: for the 50th - obviously the date is October 1st, 2021 but will the bulk of the celebration (decorations, special cupcakes, etc) be before that or after it? Would a trip in summer of 2021 or 2022 more likely have all the celebration stuff going on?

Not an attraction but the gondolas should be up and running by then (summer 2019) right?

And sort of related question: for the 50th - obviously the date is October 1st, 2021 but will the bulk of the celebration (decorations, special cupcakes, etc) be before that or after it? Would a trip in summer of 2021 or 2022 more likely have all the celebration stuff going on?

I need to know the answer to this as well! Great question! Following.

I've been trying to figure this out too. We want to plan a family trip and want to get everyone on the same page well in advance.

For Disneyland they announced in January and it started in May. That's not really enough notice for us, so it seems like we'll just have to guess. With DL, it ran from May 2015 - August/early Sept 2016. That included an extension though I think. I also think they made a bigger deal out of the 60th than they did for the 50th? So maybe WDW's won't be as big, but I doubt it. I think it will be bigger. DL's opening date was July 17 and WDW was Oct 1, but I don't THINK that will have an impact on when the celebration starts. I think they would follow the same model, making it run through 2 summers. But the only dates I would bet for SURE on, are October - December 2021, even though we know it will run much longer. I could see them waiting until the actual anniversary to start it to give them more time to complete everything, but I hope not.

These are obviously all just my guesses. I wish we could know at least a year in advance but that won't happen.

I've been trying to figure this out too. We want to plan a family trip and want to get everyone on the same page well in advance.

For Disneyland they announced in January and it started in May. That's not really enough notice for us, so it seems like we'll just have to guess. With DL, it ran from May 2015 - August/early Sept 2016. That included an extension though I think. I also think they made a bigger deal out of the 60th than they did for the 50th? So maybe WDW's won't be as big, but I doubt it. I think it will be bigger. DL's opening date was July 17 and WDW was Oct 1, but I don't THINK that will have an impact on when the celebration starts. I think they would follow the same model, making it run through 2 summers. But the only dates I would bet for SURE on, are October - December 2021, even though we know it will run much longer. I could see them waiting until the actual anniversary to start it to give them more time to complete everything, but I hope not.

These are obviously all just my guesses. I wish we could know at least a year in advance but that won't happen.

I feel like what they did for Disneyland 60th is now the standard for anniversary celebrations so the 50th for WDW should be at least as big - and the way they are planning on having all these new attractions, etc. for the 50th, only fuels that in my mind

Part of me thinks they'd want to get two summers included, but do they need added promotions for the summer? especially with all the new additions? so maybe they kick-off around September 2021 and go through the end of 2022 (they seem to do about 15 months for anniversary celebrations) - but again, that is just a guess.

I'd love to be there actually on the 50th - so maybe plan a quick trip then and then the big, family trip for the summer of 2022

I feel like what they did for Disneyland 60th is now the standard for anniversary celebrations so the 50th for WDW should be at least as big - and the way they are planning on having all these new attractions, etc. for the 50th, only fuels that in my mind

Part of me thinks they'd want to get two summers included, but do they need added promotions for the summer? especially with all the new additions? so maybe they kick-off around September 2021 and go through the end of 2022 (they seem to do about 15 months for anniversary celebrations) - but again, that is just a guess.

I'd love to be there actually on the 50th - so maybe plan a quick trip then and then the big, family trip for the summer of 2022
Well it is staring to seem like summer is becoming the "off season" and that is when they are opening the lands for so who knows? Maybe they'll think they do need that promotion going for summer.

That's what I'm hoping for. I think we are leaning towards May of 22. I'd just hate for it to be over by then. I definitely want to be there at least myself on Oct 1, and like you said, enjoy a longer trip later.

I would like to go for the 50th anniversary, myself. Maybe a small wedding anniversary trip with just my hubby (it'll be 27 yrs that December). We are already talking graduation trip for our youngest when he finishes HS in 2020, hoping the Star Wars resort will be open then. I know my husband will want NEW and DIFFERENT things to do offer have 2 close trips like that.

There are two things that strike me the most about all these annoucements.

1) They announce a new attraction for Tomorrowland without referencing any other planned upgrades and remodels that we all know are coming. Space Mountain cannot continue as it is for much longer. Disney should invest in getting Tron done by 2020 so that they can give the East Coast SM the same treatment the Western version got.

2) All the announcements for Epcot have been for the center and east of the park. They are not going to leave the west of Future World and World Showcase (beyond the rat) alone. They did not annouce what is going to become of Mousegear or how the dining capacity of Electric Umbrella is going to be made up for once Innoventions is gone. There will also be a need for a new character spot. I think parts of the Epcot plans need to be completed by 2020 to make time for improvements to the west and WS in time for Epcot to celebrate the 40th.

There are two things that strike me the most about all these annoucements.

1) They announce a new attraction for Tomorrowland without referencing any other planned upgrades and remodels that we all know are coming. Space Mountain cannot continue as it is for much longer. Disney should invest in getting Tron done by 2020 so that they can give the East Coast SM the same treatment the Western version got.

2) All the announcements for Epcot have been for the center and east of the park. They are not going to leave the west of Future World and World Showcase (beyond the rat) alone. They did not annouce what is going to become of Mousegear or how the dining capacity of Electric Umbrella is going to be made up for once Innoventions is gone. There will also be a need for a new character spot. I think parts of the Epcot plans need to be completed by 2020 to make time for improvements to the west and WS in time for Epcot to celebrate the 40th.

??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter