Opening Plan

pixhappymom

Earning My Ears
So just when I think I have it figured out I get all confused! For a Monday at Disneyland in July....

1) So with an 8 am opening on an non-MM, arrival at entrance recommended to be 7 am?
2) I scan my tickets into App upon entering the park and that is when the MaxPass Links? (we have prepurchased tickets with Max Passes)
3) Can I send my husband and kids in while I wait in the bag check line so that only I am tied up there?
4) I am not understanding the difference between entrances?!? Main entrance, Harbor Entrance, Monorail entrance? Which do we use?
5) We will be driving to the Disneyland from Irvine so recommendations on parking that early? It appears that there is only one lot open that early?

Sorry for all the questions but the more I have been reading the more confused I seem to get! I am a Disney World Veteran but have only visited Disneyland once and it was me and another adult so quite different that when traveling and planning for a family. Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Scan your tickets into the app now.

Since you're driving in you'll want to use the main entrance but you'll do bag check in the parking garage. I think you'll park at Mickey and Friends garage since it opens earlier.

Scan your tickets into the app now.

Since you're driving in you'll want to use the main entrance but you'll do bag check in the parking garage. I think you'll park at Mickey and Friends garage since it opens earlier.
Thanks so much! I would not have known that the bag check is in the garage and not at the entrance!

early arrival time is of little importance for you at the metal ticket gates. It would be nice to be in the garage by 7. But the earlier in the garage, the more at ease you will be with the group. You will not be rushing to touch the rope. Instead, you and family will be snapping photo opps with characters on Main street, explaining to everyone what Main street is and slowly walking, asking the kids to to listen to the music, find the smells and look ahead at the castle and all the magic happening as the day progresses. So don't panic !!!! Once in the garage and parked, take your time, gather all belongs up and skip, yes skip with the children on down to the screening loading area, that smile on your face is the most important memory....hey...Mom really likes this day!!!

So just when I think I have it figured out I get all confused! For a Monday at Disneyland in July....

1) So with an 8 am opening on an non-MM, arrival at entrance recommended to be 7 am?
2) I scan my tickets into App upon entering the park and that is when the MaxPass Links? (we have prepurchased tickets with Max Passes)
3) Can I send my husband and kids in while I wait in the bag check line so that only I am tied up there?
4) I am not understanding the difference between entrances?!? Main entrance, Harbor Entrance, Monorail entrance? Which do we use?
5) We will be driving to the Disneyland from Irvine so recommendations on parking that early? It appears that there is only one lot open that early?

Sorry for all the questions but the more I have been reading the more confused I seem to get! I am a Disney World Veteran but have only visited Disneyland once and it was me and another adult so quite different that when traveling and planning for a family. Thanks in advance for the guidance!

1) 7am arrival at the entrance would be ok, but you should be fine if you arrive at 730am as you will have to wait in another line (rope drop) when you get into the park. They start to let in around -730am-750am. Just head down Main Street and get as close to the rope as you can. Usually, the middle or right areas of the rope are better than the left. Especially if you're looking to ride Peter Pan first. More important to be at the parking areas by 7am as it can take 30-45 minutes to get to the entrance.

2) You can scan your tickets at any time. For most guests, you can scan them when you reach the rope drop area and purchase your MaxPass at the same time.

3) You can stay together.

4) Main Entrance is the standard front entrance to the parks. Harbor Entrance is the entrance that most guests from the non-Disney Hotel + Toy Story Parking Lot guests take. Monorail entrance is the entrance you can take from Downtown Disney to Disneyland only. Not really a good choice if you are trying to enter the park from there at opening. Great if you are coming to the park at or leaving the park at night (only if the line is short).

5) Leave Irvine by 630am and you should be fine. Make sure you use GPS but choose Mickey and Friends Parking Structure and not Disneyland as your destination.

ME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter