Opening week reports at Vero & HHI?

ngl

DIS Veteran
I have seen a few comments in the HHI and Vero adoration threads re people staying this week but was thinking it may be good to start a new thread since this is a unique time to be visiting. I was not sure if this should go in the Trip reports forum or just DVC Resorts but figured the admin can move it to the correct place.

We have scheduled trips this summer to both Vero and HHI. We are Vero owners (& BLT) so go there often but would be the first trip to HHI. Reservations at Vero over 4th of July and in Aug for HHI.

Would love to know from those that have stayed on property since they opened on June 15 what their experience was like. What was the procedure at the pool, beach, restaurants? Any overall thoughts on the experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

We will be at Vero July 4th as well. I saw that walk thru video posted on the adoration thread. I have never stayed there but now I am even more excited!

I’m at Hilton head now. It’s basically the same but all cast members are wearing masks. Most guests are but you don’t have to wear it by the pool or beach house. Signals is only open fri - Sunday. Have not ate at tide me over yet.
The store only allows 4 people in at a time but you can still rent DVDs. Being as the resort is outside I wear a gator around my neck and only pull it up when I walk by someone. I have seen Some cast members tell guests to wear a mask, others don’t seem bothered by it one way or the other.

(HHI) I’ll just add to the above post that the pools are limited by number, this has not caused any issues for us at this point. Chairs at the pools are grouped in 2, 3, or 4 and positioned 6 feet apart from the next group. When you are done the CMs have asked that you flip the back of the chair forward so they know to come and disinfect it. Outside the resort on the island mask use is probably <50%. Not surprising but disappointing that people are either that dumb or that inconsiderate.

Last edited:
Are coffee pots still in the rooms?
Yes. We are in a HHI studio and the coffee pot was on the counter. It is now in the cupboard to save counter space since I am the only coffee drinker in my family and I don’t make my own. But yes the coffee maker is present.

Reactions: ngl

(HHI) I’ll just add to the above post that the pools are limited by number, this has not caused any issues for us at this point. Chairs at the pools are grouped in 2, 3, or 4 and positioned 6 feet apart from the next group. When you are done the CMs have asked that you flip the back of the chair forward so they know to come and disinfect it. Outside the resort on the island mask use is probably <50%. Not surprising but disappointing that people are either that dumb or that inconsiderate.

mask wearing on the island is way less than 50% probably around 5%-10%. I''ve been here since Saturday.

Yes. We are in a HHI studio and the coffee pot was on the counter. It is now in the cupboard to save counter space since I am the only coffee drinker in my family and I don’t make my own. But yes the coffee maker is present.
Thanks! First things first you know...

Refillable mugs or are they gone now too?
If so, how much are they now? Excited for our July trip! Love HHI!

That seems to be all over SC. I’m in Myrtle Beach, hoping for safe vacation in WDW in Nov
And that is exactly why WV has told their residents that a trip to MB and or any other beach trip to enter a mandatory quarantine for 14 days...upon return. A travel advisory has also been issued for MB as well by WV...

Last edited:
I am going to HHI in a week.

Because of the "we don't wear mask" tourism mentality I will not be eating out etc... I am being responsible and wearing a mask to protect others, but it appears that on HHI that kind of responsibility is incredibly rare. So if you are planning a vacation there you might realize that once you leave the DVC bubble all bets are off!

Refillable mugs or are they gone now too?
If so, how much are they now? Excited for our July trip! Love HHI!
The mugs are available for purchase for a souvenir but the dispensing machines are turned off. So you can get a really pricey plastic cup!

]

Thanks for the info @aje131. We are headed to HH July 5th. Looking forward to the beach and getting out and about a bit. Very much appreciate your mask sentiment. Our almost 20 yr old ds is asthmatic, so its masks all the way around for us. My dh and I have already discussed possibly limiting our meals out do take out, and enjoy sitting on our villa deck. Enjoy your stay!!

I live in SC and am disappointed by the lack of mask wearing overall, but have felt we could steer clear of those non-wearers while out in HHI. We have eaten outside and servers at Bistro 17, Sea Grass Grille, and Santa Fe Cafe are wearing masks. They are not at Poseidon so we did not eat there.

I live in SC and am disappointed by the lack of mask wearing overall, but have felt we could steer clear of those non-wearers while out in HHI. We have eaten outside and servers at Bistro 17, Sea Grass Grille, and Santa Fe Cafe are wearing masks. They are not at Poseidon so we did not eat there.
At restaurants and for workers we have seen probably 95% mask use. Guests at the resort have been mostly masked but probably 80%ish. Our only issue is getting our 2 year old to wear one. We practiced at home and still he won’t keep it on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter