• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinion about using an Apple Watch at WDW

Litharia

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I more recently got an apple watch and I do really enjoy using it.

But I was wondering if it was definitely worth bringing on a Disney World vacation?

I know the magic bands are extremely useful, but I was wondering if it was still worth wearing also my apple watch to use apple pay, and etc?

Thoughts?

Your magic band does not replace the features I would primarily use on an Apple Watch (I have a Fitbit but one that I get notifications on as well) anyway, I like getting text messages and call alerts on my watch along with a step tracker... the magic band is not a replacement for that. I guess it depends on what you use your watch for... if it is mainly Apple Pay then probably not but if it is for the variety of other features then I'd keep it.

I'm planning on wearing my watch when i go... using the same technique as Hammill.... I am curious to see how many steps and how the activity ring will fill!

All of what Tink and Hammill said plus I like the Magic Guide app to check wait times and report them as well. I like using my watch and not pulling out my phone all the time.

All of what Tink and Hammill said plus I like the Magic Guide app to check wait times and report them as well. I like using my watch and not pulling out my phone all the time.

And that just became a reason for me to consider an apple watch! Now convincing my husband I need one, right now... before my trip... that is coming up in two weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter