Opinions on how Fugi Film compares to Kodak

I read a series of articles on Photography at Mouseplanet, and if I remember clearly, he concluded that Fuji film was overall better than Kodak. If you go to the mouseplanet site (www.mouseplanet.com) and look for something aboput Photography, you'll find it pretty easily. It's really relevant since it talks about shots that most parkgoers take (ie parades, characters, etc)

does your favorite film processor use? I always used Fuji film and processed at Walmart on fuji equipment. Then I switched to Snapfish, which uses kodak equipment & paper. The color saturation wasn't what it had been. A switch to Kodak film resolved the issue.

I personally like Kodak Royal Gold and Fugi Superia. I once had the unexpected opportunity to take a picture of my DH with his favorite singer at a concert. I only had 100 speed Royal Gold in my camera at the time and it was outside at night but fairly well lit. I ran over, took the picture, but was very worried it would not come out well. To my surprise, it came out beautiful. I had it enlarged for him and since it was fast speed film, the enlargement came out great too. This was a few years ago and have been hooked on Royal Gold ever since.

I don't know if they make Royal Gold in 800 speed, but I have tried the regular Kodak 800 and was not impressed. I stick with the Fugi Superia when I don't use Royal Gold.

I discovered that Fuji was better. The colors are more vibrant. Kodak film cannot produce certain colors such as the green of the Fuji packaging.(or so I've been told.) Fuji is usually cheaper as well. I have also been told that CVS film is the same as Fuji. I really like CVS film and see no difference. You can usually find really good deals on CVS film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter