Opinions on June Split stay please

ksueboo

Mouseketeer
I have an offsite townhouse booked Tuesday June 11 for one week. We have stayed both on and off property before. My original plan was to arrive Sunday afternoon the 9th and stay onsite for 2 nights in order to use Disney transportation for a couple days (including DME) and also book Fastpasses for those 3 days, Sunday-Tuesday, at the 60 day mark. We were thinking it would give us better chances of FOP at 60+2. However, reading a few FastPass threads it doesn’t seem like anyone can even get them until 60+3 or more. Do you think this is the case generally? My other option is just to extend the townhouse stay to begin on Sunday, rent a car early, and plan on arriving 1 hour early to AK without the FastPass. Thoughts?

Also, this is not an on-site versus off site debate, I love both. But we have never done a split stay before. I’m just not sure it’s worth it.

If you want to stay on site for part of your stay, go for it. People are getting the FOP FP, just because 5 people post on here they didn't (random number I made up), doesn't mean that 500 did get the FP. Depending on how hard it is to make changes to your townhouse reservation, you could always make the onsite reservation and drop it if you can't get the FP you want. Or you could look at doing CL for your split stay and pay for the additional FP's.

Typically, I think 60+3 or 60+4 is the ideal range for FOP passes. But as PP mentioned, people have had success getting them a bit before that. If you want to do a split stay, I'd do it, but not for the sole reason of getting FOP FP's.

In general, I have not been able to get a FP for FoP before 60+4. Didn't work out again this trip. Others have been more fortunate.
As far as a split stay or not, that a question only you can really answer. Is it worth the hassle of packing up and moving everything and the time involved?
How large of a benefit is using Disney transportation vs driving daily?
Most likely, your best chance of doing FoP is get there early before RD, but I certainly wold try for the FPs. And keep checking. I've had no luck yet (2 weeks to go), but keep checking hoping either more open up or somebody cancels theirs.

I would book your stay based on what works for your family logistically as well as financially.

My own personal experience was that I got my FoP FP for my 4th day for our August trip, but was able to get another FP day of while refreshing. We also rode FoP right before closing--just a few minutes for the loading but no lines. It is the best ride I have ever been on, and I would probably wait in a two hour line to ride it if I had to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter