Opinions Please! RPR vs. HRH?

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
I need help deciding which one to stay at. The price difference is around $65 for our entire stay. Is it really worth the $ to stay at HRH? I am assuming that since RPR is a newer hotel the rooms may be in better shape but since I have 2 sons (11,5) am I better off with HRH? All opinions would be greatly appreciated!

We've been to both and continue to go to both. They are very different and both have their plusses and minuses. In my opinion, HRH has the better pool since it has a great water slide and we also like their ice cream shop. We love the deluxe rooms that have two queen beds and a pull out couch.

RPR is prettier, and has better restaurants. The rooms are smaller but it has a more "vacation-like" feel to it.

Like I said, we like both and you probably will want to try both at some time.

We also like both for different reasons. The HRH does have a better pool especially given the ages of your sons. But the RPR does seem to me to have a more vacation feel. In your case I might be swayed to go for the HRH.

I think all of the hotels are owned by the same company so is it like Disney used to be where you can pool hop so that even if you're staying at the RPR you can visit the HRH pool for a little while? Just asking since HRH said the only thing they have available at my time cost a fortune! Are the hotels so far apart it wouldn't make sense or does the same boat travel to all three hotels? Thanks!

Yep, you can pool hop. All of the hotels are within walking distance of one another, the 2 parks & CityWalk. The RPR boats only go to and from RPR (all of the hotel boats are like that), they don't stop at the other hotels. However, there is a shuttle that I believe stops at all of the hotels. I personally would save the money and stay at RPR. All 3 of the hotels are beautiful and really nice. :D

All 3 hotel boats dock at the same place at the foot of City Walk. You can just get off the boat from RPR and line up for the HR or Port. one. In July, the boat lines were never very long.

My 9 year old son and I stayed at the RPR in December -- we loved it. Even though it was COLD he swam in the pool all three days; he loved the restaurant -- they have a "kid's buffet" in the evening for only about six bucks -- all you can eat pizza, mac and cheese, sandwiches, cookies, etc., and there is a kids' room off the main dining room for the kids to hang out and watch tv while their parents eat.

We also swam at HRH -- that pool was great too -- we jogged there in about eight minutes or less.

Have fun!

We love RPR. It is a wonderful and beautiful hotel. The tropical theming is very relaxing. Our kids and daughter's friend(10, 9, 7 at the time) loved the pool there too. We have visited the HRH pool for an afternoon. The kids LOVED the slide there but proclaimed they like the RPR pool better for swimming. We had lunch at the Beach Club at HRH which was great to sit pool side with our lunch and beverages. It did cost a fortune for lunch though. We simply took the water taxi to Citywalk then boarded the water taxi to HRH. We walked from HRH to IOA later in the day and rented a locker to store what dry things we had while we went on the water rides. The two times we have stayed at RPR, there were lots of families with kids of all ages. Our kids always made friends at the pool. RPR has a very relaxing, get away from it all feel. The HRH is more upbeat and a party type atmosphere. They are both great. I hope to stay at HRH sometime in the fall.

Thank you all for the advice. We have decided on RPR. Since we are going to Universal after an 8 day WDW trip we figured it might be nicer to be somewhere a little quieter and more low key. Now that I know that we can pool hop, maybe we will try the HRH pool......

You will love RPR! The themeing is definitely South Pacific. I find this resort being a little bit more friendlier that HRH in my opinion. This place is just gorgeous!! You will feel like you just stepped out of the U.S.

I enjoyed my stay at the HRH too, but I just love the themeing of the RPR. The pool at the HRH is very nice and it has the slide. The HRH has the more up beat to it vs. RPR is more laid back. Check out the Hula Dancers by the pool and they are also there on certain nights at the restuarant called Island.

Enjoy your stay at the RPR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter