Opportunities for stargazing aboard the Magic?

wnissen

Mouseketeer
The middle of the ocean can be one of the best places to see the Milky Way and all the other stars that are obscured by light pollution in cities, so I'm excited about the possibility of doing that aboard the Magic. However, the clearest, darkest sky in the world won't help if Disney has blanketed the entire top of the boat with bright lights. Has anyone done any stargazing while cruising? Is there maybe a program in the evening like I've seen on other ships?

Thanks,
Walt

Even on the 3 & 4 day cruises we were able to do some stargazing both from our verandah and several spots on deck. Those "secret" deck areas Barb mentions on her website are good places. If you're trying to do it midship, deck 9 in the midst of whatever evening event is happening you won't have great luck though! :p

Deb

My wife saw the southern cross on our 9/29/01 eastern. It was VERY low on the southern (Duh!) horizon. I believe it was the night between St. Martin, and St. Thomas.

I seem to remember being forward on Deck 10 (right above the bridge) as being relatively light free. We brought our binoculars, and it was great! There are no programs that we saw on the navagators for star gazing.

We used a star-chart program on a copmuter (came with telescope) to get a feeling for the view that far south. Being from MI/IN, it really was a different sky that far south!

GBG

GBG

Actually, it was the night before St. Marteen, as we were on the SBD side, which affords the view to the south, while heading east.
(Get a compass Hon. Tee Hee!:p )

Tracy

The area on deck 10 forward (right in front of the basketball hoops) is quite dark at night and great for star gazing.

Watch for shooting stars! Our last cruise we had a shower of them and it was WONDERful! The kids love our late night stargazing on the darkest deck.-Gail

I'm happy to see this question posted. One of the things I am looking forward to is seeing the stars without city lights.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter