Opportunity to go to London, England...

Moana of Motunui

Mouseketeer
I've never traveled over seas. In fact, the only place I really travel to is Disney. I take day trips to NYC, Baltimore, DC, NJ all the time so I don't consider them travel.

Anyway... I was told to ask my advisor to see if I can get credit if I go to London. The class is for undergrads and I'm in a masters program. My program I'm in is for Criminal Justice/ Criminology.

What should I propose to get credit for this class? The undergrad advisor said I can go for fun basically since I'm an alum of my university. Like interview a London cop?! Thoughts?!

What a fun opportunity! I took a class in London in college as part of our "J-term", and I have really fun memories of it.

As for what you should propose, I would look into similar classes on your university now and see if you can tailor your proposal around something similar. I don't think a college will give credit for just interviewing a London cop--it should be aligned with what the current "bricks and mortar" class would get credit for. Analyzing the differences between the two legal systems through interviews, observation hours and research for instance.

Last edited:
What a fun opportunity! I took a class in London in college as part of our "J-term", and I have really fun memories of it.

As for what you should propose, I would look into similar classes on your university now and see if you can tailor your proposal around something similar. I don't think a college will give credit for just interviewing a London cop--it should be aligned with what the current "bricks and mortar" class would get credit for. Analyzing the differences between the two legal systems through interviews, observation hours and research for instance.

Yes definitely a research project! I honestly was thinking about doing my thesis around the similarities here and London. The legal systems would be equally as interesting I think!

Do it! London is great, same language (mostly...lol!), the tubes are easy especially if you're used to NYC. I've traveled to London for work a good deal and did a consulting gig there. Its great! Wishing you well.

Maybe you'll meet at English prince:)

Ugh guys update.
The London tour is May 10-18th.
And I forgot I'm seeing Frozen on Broadway May 12th and I can't back out of this one. We already have tickets.
Looks like London will have to wait until I further develop my thesis. :(

Jeez I don't know...I'm sure you could sell the Frozen ticket, what if you don't get another chance to go to London? Won't Frozen still be around when you get back home?

True. We could sell the tickets. London is offered every two years at my university so I could go in 2020... eh I don't have to enroll until mid October. I've got time to think about it!

Also there are Disney theater productions in London. Not sure if Frozen is one of them.

You say the London trip will be offered in 2020, but you don't know what life will bring. What if you can't go then, either? I would not skip this just for a Broadway show. I love Broadway, but you can see shows all the time. Travel is far more enriching. And chances are if you can't catch Frozen on Broadway at another time, then there will be a touring production very soon.

I can't imagine passing up a trip to London for Frozen - Broadway or not. I can't imagine passing up a trip abroad for any show, including Hamilton.

Go to London. Have you thought about seeing Scotland Yard? Check with the local university(ies) to see if they have a similar program and perhaps you can go and interview a detective from Scotland Yard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter