• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opt out of Housekeeping at Resorts

You can do it at value and moderate resorts.

You get $10/night minus your last night.

You get a digital gift card emailed to you after check in.

You have to go to check in in person and tell them you want to opt out.

Piggy backing off of this question, if you opt out of housekeeping at AoA, can you still get extra coffee for the coffee maker if you go to the front desk?

And where can you use the digital gift cards? At the parks? Or only at shop Disney?

Piggy backing off of this question, if you opt out of housekeeping at AoA, can you still get extra coffee for the coffee maker if you go to the front desk?

And where can you use the digital gift cards? At the parks? Or only at shop Disney?
You can still get any extra supplies you want - coffee, towels, etc. Mousekeeping just won’t bring them automatically.

Digital GCs can be used at the parks or at shop Disney. The amount can easily be transferred to a physical GC if you prefer on Disney’s GC site. Just add the amount to any GC you already have.

Gotta pay me more than $10 to give up having someone else make my bed for a few days, LOL

You have just described my husband's travel philosophy!

I am seriously torn between wanting the pampering that comes from returning to a freshly made-up room, and wanting to keep this a semi-budget trip. I'm there for six nights, so $50 is an amount I could actually do something with.

In an ideal world, I'd be able to split the difference and get Mousekeeping every other day.

Ah, decisions, decisions! Of course, there's really no right or wrong because I'm going to be at Disney, and that in itself makes every day a good day!

Looping back to share something that just came up on another thread.

When I stay at a hotel, I think it's important to tip the housekeepers. I realize not everyone does this, and that's fine, but it's something we do when we travel. Opting out of Mousekeeping, not only gets me $10/day for declining the service, but also saves me what I would have spent in tips over the course of my trip. If I decline Mousekeeping, I will still tip on the last day, and probably a more generous amount because they're doing a deeper clean, but the savings are bigger than just the GC amount.

You would have to call housekeeping from your room phone and they will deliver it to you. The front desk doesn't keep supplies like this on hand. But, housekeeping will still bring you anything you call for.

Just so that I'm understanding this correctly.....

My son wants to opt out of housekeeping which is fine with me. My worry is that being there for 6 nights, I would like to get fresh towels every few days.

With opting out of housekeeping, I can call anytime to get extra towels, shampoo, soaps?

Of course I would tip them for their service. Which brings another questions. What would be appropriate amount to tip them for bringing extra supplies?

Thank you

Just so that I'm understanding this correctly.....

My son wants to opt out of housekeeping which is fine with me. My worry is that being there for 6 nights, I would like to get fresh towels every few days.

With opting out of housekeeping, I can call anytime to get extra towels, shampoo, soaps?

Of course I would tip them for their service. Which brings another questions. What would be appropriate amount to tip them for bringing extra supplies?

Thank you
Yes, you can call and request anything you need
I'd tip a couple of dollars.

Gotta pay me more than $10 to give up having someone else make my bed for a few days, LOL
Truth! And it actually costs me, as I try to leave a decent tip. And when I ask for extra coffee, they always come through! But my daughter, who has never opted out, is considering it, because they have their toddler in the room napping from about 1-3 every day, and mousekeeping has "missed" them at least twice per 5-7 day trip-they didn't complain because they felt it was not the staff's fault. This time they are going to try to ask at check in for mousekeeping to avoid mid day hours or opt out if this isn't possible-.

Wondering about longer stays...9 nights!?!? Will they provide clean linens when asked and I change the beds? Thinking I am more inclined to do this on a 5 night stay. Is it something I could add half way through the trip for the last 4 nights? Thoughts?

Tried it once. Didnt like it. Wont do it again lol. We travel with 3 kids though so having someone else come make/change beds, straighten up, vacuum, wipe down, take out trash, restock, is worth more than $10 a day for me on vacation lol. The $50 we got doesnt go too far with a family of 5.

Tried it once. Didnt like it. Wont do it again lol. We travel with 3 kids though so having someone else come make/change beds, straighten up, vacuum, wipe down, take out trash, restock, is worth more than $10 a day for me on vacation lol. The $50 we got doesnt go too far with a family of 5.
We're going to try it this trip. I figure I'll make the kids help out with cleaning up the room, make them earn their keep. I'll use the $50 at the end of the week to reward them with some extra snacks.

I didn’t think of the vacuuming and wipe down. I can make my own bed and request new towels and trash pick up. But a vacuumed floor? This has changed my mind. I’m not opting out.

I am on the fence. For us that would be $60. It's been a while since we've been to WDW (going in April!), but I think that's around the price of a sit down meal for us (1 adult, 1 child). My first reaction is that I could do without that meal in exchange for "someone else" to spruce up the room for the whole week. After a long day at the parks, it's nice to come back to a room that is tidied up for you! It really makes a difference, and is part of the "hotel experience" that makes it a vacation for us. Then I get fixated on the dollar amount and think...well we could use that money...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter