Options to pay for food and F&W festival

jinrath

Earning My Ears
I am coming to the Food and Wine Festival next week for the first time and have been wondering what is the best way to pay for your food around the world besides a credit card. Is it better to use a Disney Gift Card with a specific amount loaded on there or is there something I can purchase at Epcot that would be better? The thought of taking my credit card out each time to purchase food or drink is not a great option. Any one have any ideas on options?

I d advise against pulling out a credit card. You could use a Disney gift card or if staying on property charge to your magic band.

I am coming to the Food and Wine Festival next week for the first time and have been wondering what is the best way to pay for your food around the world besides a credit card. Is it better to use a Disney Gift Card with a specific amount loaded on there or is there something I can purchase at Epcot that would be better? The thought of taking my credit card out each time to purchase food or drink is not a great option. Any one have any ideas on options?
Gift cards work great. They even sell F&W specific gift cards on a wristlet to make it easier to keep the gift card handy at all times. And you can add money to the card easily. If you’re staying onsite, there is also the option to charge your purchase to your hotel room account. Taking some cash with you is also a good idea, just in case the interface between the booths and Disney’s charging system goes down. It has happened more than once and only those guests paying cash could make purchases.

Last edited:

The nice thing about the gift card sold at the park is that you can wear it around your wrist. It makes it very easy to use and it is also reloadable.

The nice thing about the gift card sold at the park is that you can wear it around your wrist. It makes it very easy to use and it is also reloadable.

i bought gift cards at CVS at home, went to the site on the back and combined them all to two different amounts one had 400 for the trip one had 100 for the Flower and Garden food booths only, i then bought a wrist one for 25 and again went to the site and put the 100$ one to the wrist one.

I buy gift cards throughout the year to fund our Disney spending and I use the Disney Gift card website to transfer them onto one card.

Then I buy one of the wristband ones once I’m there and I transfer money onto it from the other gift card. I like the wristband option so much for F&W so that I don’t have to keep pulling a GC out.

I will add - I like using a gift card because I can see exactly how much I am spending each time. It is very easy for food and drinks to add up - especially if you order multiple items per booth. The balance prints on the bottom and I think it really helps to keep me “on budget”.

I also use the wrist gift cards. They can be used for anything at Disney so I also tend to use them to pay for other meals at the parks. The only caution, because they are Disney gift cards if you don't use everything on it, you can't use it anywhere else. I tend to load them $100 at a time. They are so easy to just hold your wrist up at the booths. Another caution, sometimes the cash registers at the booths have issues so you might want to have a small amount of cash on you.

We use the wrist cards as well. One each for DH and I loaded with the same amount on each card. We love the wrist cards as we use snack credits for the food but alcohol we pay for on the cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter