Order For Reservations!

happilyeveralyssa

Earning My Ears
1. My ADR day is approaching and I'm wondering which order to book in. I've tried to prioritize importance to us/most popular/least capacity restaurants first. Thoughts?
Topolino's
Oga's
Sci-Fi
BOG/CRT
Yak & Yeti
Via Napoli
Homecomin'
Boathouse

2. When making reservations, is it best to a. use the restaurant's page to search for times by date or b. search all dining by date/time?

Order looks fine, I'd probably do Oga's first though. When I did mine 55 days ago I had the best look on the website and did it from the restaurants page.

I always do it from the restaurant's page. I'd also mention that the reservations for earlier in your trip will be harder than later in the trip. So I might adjust your order depending on what day you're trying to get them.

I like using the restaurant's page to search for times by date, and actually, I've found that the MDE app is a lot more efficient to use -- you can tap through the options (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner or each of the time slots) a lot faster and one after the other to see what's available.

I'd also put Oga's first, although I know Topolino's is hard as well.

Agree that Oga's and Topolino's (in that order) are probably the toughest gets right now and suggest you target a date later in your trip to maximize your "60+10 advantage" - assuming you're staying on Disney property. Sci Fi right behind them.

Boathouse also releases reservations on OpenTable or accepts reservations if you phone them directly so if the Disney system shows as nothing available, I'd try either of those avenues. It's a great restaurant.

Similarly, there is the Landry's card that grants you priority for walk-up seating at Yak & Yeti (or other Landry's properties) or allows you to call directly and book a reservation outside the Disney system. You do pay to acquire the Landry's card but you get a credit toward your meal in an equal amount. You also get an annual credit for your birthday.

I like using the restaurant's page to search for times by date, and actually, I've found that the MDE app is a lot more efficient to use -- you can tap through the options (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner or each of the time slots) a lot faster and one after the other to see what's available.

I'd also put Oga's first, although I know Topolino's is hard as well.
Would

If I try to make reservations on the app AND on my laptop, or on multiple separate tabs on my laptop, will it kick me out?

The only other thing I'd add to your order factoring is when you plan on eating at these places.

1. Considering people arriving before you have already gotten to book ADRs 60+length of stay, there may be lesser availability for things towards the beginning of your trip vs. the end. In other words, an Oga's on day 1 vs. a Topolino's on day 4 might be more of a challenge.
2. Time of day can also be a factor. A 6:30pm dinner is going to be harder to snag than a 4pm dinner.

I usually have multiple devices and different browsers (i.e. one chrome and one explorer or edge) going in case I get kicked out or freeze. As for restaurant page vs. general dining search page, I have done it both ways but usually find the general search a hair faster and less glitch prone.

Was actually trying for Sci Fi and actually had some trouble finding good times. Hope it all works out.

I didn't realize Topolino's was so popular. Is it because they have a character breakfast or is the food just incredible?

We did breakfast at Topolino's, the characters were the only memorable part. We found the breakfast disappointing, one and done. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter