• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Organised Daytrips

4stokes

Earning My Ears
Another question!

As we have not got a car, we will be looking to book an organised trip for the odd day, eg a trip to Kennedy or maybe a trip to the beach. Can someone tell me if it is better to do this through the Rep (we are booked with Unijet) or whether we would be better off doing this through the hotel or directly with a tour company? If so any recommendations would be appreciated.

In our brochure, there was an e-mail address to contact Unijet Reps directly for information about trips but they didn't reply!! Doesn't inspire me with confidence in booking trips through them! Yet you would think they would want our money!

Thanks again

Caroline

Hi Caroline :wave:

I agree - it doesn't bode well for confidence does it, not receiving replies to emails?

I know that some of our regulars have arranged day trips independantly, and I think some have used Keith Prowse to book their excursion through. You do this all before you leave the UK and then a Coach collects you from your Hotel at a pre-arranged time.

Here is the phone number for Keith Prowse - give them a call and they will send you their ticket information brochure. 01232 232425

Hope this helps

I know Mears run trips something like 3 times a week to Kennedy & the like. Personally, unless it was significantly cheaper (unikely) I always prefer to book things like that myself rather than the travel company. Just a personal preference though, quite often you can leave making the decision till later, rather than commiting to an Excursion early on in your trip.

Penny :)

Hi Caroline

I did a few when I was there in Sep as we did not have a car and they are surprisingly well organised, I did:

BUSCH GARDENS - Keith Prowse
Booked this before I went but just had to make a local call from my hotel to confirm my date. got picked up from Mercado, brilliant. Our transport was included on the way back where some people had to pay extra

KENNEDY SPACE CENTRE - Keith Prowse
This was the same sort of thing but the coach came to your hotel (Rodeway Inn) but also went to loads of others, we were lucky as we were the first drop off which made a change

CLEARWATER SCREAMER - Virgin
Excellent, got picked up and dropped off no worries, really good day

MIAMI TRIP - Ketih Prowse
Again very good, went on a mini bus and was picked up and dropped off at the hotel with no probs, lovely hotel to

FLORIDA ADVENTRURE TOUR - Virgin
This got cancelled due to the hurrican but we got a full refund and they just phoned us the night before

At the time i could not get any info from virgin, now they are all listed on there site. Both companies offer pretty much the same service but you can budget a little better if you book over here.

Hope that has helped. I did other trips the last time I went, Miami Bahamas through Vrigin which was also very good.

The only fault is if you are at the beginning of the line with the chain of hotels as you are on the coach for ages this happend with the Clearwater trip.

Have fun

T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter