Organising LA To-Do Items

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We have a trip planned in August where we fly in on a Thursday, then will have 4 full days in LA (Fri - Mon) followed by Disney (Tues-Fri). We're coming with our kids who will be 12 and 8 when we travel. We'll have a car for our LA days (and probably return it when we switch to our Anaheim hotel). I'm obviously in the early stages of planning, but I enjoy researching and am trying to come up wit a plan.

Having trouble seeing what makes sense to put together logistically (so we are not zig zagging all over LA).
Also having trouble identifying which items are better to be done in a tour vs on our own.
And aside from tours its hard to tell how much time to allocate for each.

We have planned:
  • One full day at Universal Studios (probably the Friday).
Also looking at seeing/doing the following:
  • Hollywood Blvd Stuff (e.g. Wax museum, walk of fame, Hollywood museum, etc)
  • Warner Brothers Tour
  • Griffith Park / Observatory (not on Monday as its closed)
  • Santa Monica Pier/beach/Third Street Shopping
  • Farmer's Market (timed over lunch) / The Grove
  • Rodeo Drive / Beverly Hills area
  • La Brae Tar Pits
Possibly also doing
  • California Science Centre (maybe on Monday after checking out of LA hotel on way to Anaheim)
  • Huntington Beach (maybe on Monday after checking out of LA hotel on way to Anaheim)
  • Some tour that covers some of the above
  • Some tour on celebrity homes, etc
Questions:
  1. Do any of the above logically go together? From google maps it looks like Farmer's Market, Rodeo Drive and La Brae Tar Pits are near each other so maybe we group those on one day?
  2. AM thinking of maybe Warner Brothers Tour one morning and Santa Monica Pier in afternoon but these aren't really near each other.
  3. Any tours that would cover the above (without feeling rushed)? We are currently booked at Hollywood Celebrity near Hollywood Blvd so don't need a tour for those items as we can just do those when we have some time with nothing scheduled. (unless we get Go Card which would change the order as any items would have to be on the same day)
  4. Are any of the above items ones that should be avoided on a certain day? Or opposite, done on a specific day? e.g. I read that Warner Brothers is better on a weekend so that parts are open (i.e. since not being filmed)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter