Organizing pictures....

ChrisnSteph

<font color=purple>Ask me about Ben Franklin's bat
I finally DID IT!!!! I spent the last 5 days, working late into the night, and I finally organized over 7 years worth of pictures!! WOO HOO! I'm very excited about this, because I have been procrastinating for years and my picture clutter was just getting worse and worse. I had years of pictures stored in dozens of different boxes, bags and bins. After several moves, kids, vacations and whatnot, everything was such a mess. I couldn't bring myself to scrap because my pictures had no rhyme or reason, and everything was so mixed together. I found the easiest thing to do (with my dh's help) was to gather all the pictures I could find, and just make a huge pile on the floor. It was such a disaster, but sometimes you gotta make a mess to clean a mess! We sorted everything by year, and I put each year in its own photo box. I gathered all the 8x10's, annual school pictures and other odd sized stuff and I put those into large envelopes, then I labeled the envelopes and sorted those by year. Any pictures of people and events before I met my dh, I put into it's own box. All old childhood and family photos I put into their own box. Each of my kids has their baby pictures - up to around age one or so - in a box. We've gone on three cruises where I took tons of pictures, so each cruise has it's own box. My plan is to start working on their baby albums, then start scrapping everything else by year, at least until I can get somewhat caught up. Whiile I was at it, I also organized all my scrap supplies, albums and the pages I've done so far. It took quite a bit of time and was LOT of work, but so worth it. I'm so motivated now, I can hardly wait to get to get started! I just had to share! :banana:

:thumbsup2 :cheer2: That's awesome! I got a CM photo sorter and began my sorting back before we went on our trip in December. Then, while I was basking in the Caribbean sun, my DH decided to "clean" my art room in the basement and completely messed up all of my stacks and hard work! :sad2: I haven't touched it since, but I have SO got to get it done...you've inspired me!!!

That's great!!! I've been stuck in a scrapping rut, and I organized my pics last weekend, and it felt great to get that much done to me too! I did one single solitary page today, only one, but it's a start--again.

Have fun scrapping!!!

Steph (also married to Chris, lol)

:cool1: Awesome! :cool1: I just got a big Cropper Hopper box to organize my mess of pictures. I'm so envious that you are all organized.

Jeanne

Good for you! What a burden that must have been lifted off your shoulders when you were finished! I did something similar for my mom 2 years ago (over 10,000 photographs organized into chronological albums, not scrapbooks, but regular photo-safe albums). It's her favorite Christmas gift ever!

Now you just have to dive in and start scrapping!

Congratulations on your organizational skills!! :woohoo:
Now that you have yours done, would you like to come visit me in TN and help me w/mine!! :duck: :rotfl:
Karen

That's awesome! Congratulations! I know you must be thrilled to have that done--I would be! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter