• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orlando to WDW DVC transportation?

rraynor2

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying resale at CCV, and am wondering if there are any perks around getting from Orlando to WDW resorts for DVC members? I searched the forums and nothing showed up. Looks there are a few bus companies and uber/lyft. My other thought is Towncar service.

Any advice is much appreciated. I look forward to joining the DVC community!

Magical expr.....

Oh wait He Who Shall Not Be Named killed it.

It wasn't totally him. The Mears contract had a number of issues in renegotiation once the luggage handling company went out of business. The ME was actually two companies doing the work and when one was no longer in business it changed matters a lot.
BAGS Inc which handled the luggage transfer did not go out of business. They are under new ownership since the end of 2018.

BAGS Inc which handled the luggage transfer did not go out of business. They are under new ownership since the end of 2018.
They did massive layoffs in 2020 for obvious reasons and chose to get out of the Disney business.

Your options are Sunshine Flyer bus service, Mears Connect bus service, Uber, Lyft, Towncar, or rental car. I've used Sunshine Flyer a couples of times without issue. You can go to their website and book a round trip reservations.

Technically, there have never been DVC perks regarding transportation from MCO. Magical Express was offered to all guests from what, 2005 or so until last year?

Saw a lot of the Sunshine Flyer buses around last month on our visit. We tend to stick to the rental car for flexibility.

It wasn't totally him. The Mears contract had a number of issues in renegotiation once the luggage handling company went out of business. The ME was actually two companies doing the work and when one was no longer in business it changed matters a lot.
To me the luggage service is what made ME “magical”. Without it, I’d rather pay for a private ride than a free bus ride anyway. I’m in the minority on this but ME wasn’t a big loss once the luggage service went away.

Your options are Sunshine Flyer bus service, Mears Connect bus service, Uber, Lyft, Towncar, or rental car. I've used Sunshine Flyer a couples of times without issue. You can go to their website and book a round trip reservations.
I like Tiffany Town Car personally.

I like Tiffany Town Car personally.

Years ago, before ME we used Tiffany Town Car, it was very good at that time. I loved ME when we flew to FL but now we drive so I no longer have a need for ME. I do feel bad when my children fly down to join us at WDW and ME is no longer available. I thought ME was a great perk and I think for many it is missed.

Some of them have their own Lyft stops that don't match the cash buildings, like VGF. That's probably a closer drop off than the cash rooms. That's all I got for "perks."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter