Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are identical. He doesnt camp, he prefers the Wilderness lodge.

I think we have just entered the Twilight Zone............... ;)

She is doing great so far, it's still really early on, so at this point everything is happy happy. At this point..lol!

I got this on another board that I am on but thought you guys here would really enjoy it...

As explained by Cliff Cavin, of Cheers, to Norm, the Buffalo Theory went as follows:

" Well, you see Norm, it's like this.... a herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and the weakest at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

What Was Red is Now Blue and Mouse Ears Too!!

Check out my paint job on the camper and my graphics test. (Blog link in signature)

Opinions???

Thanks!

Wow, love the new graphics! I really like how you have the Mickeys getting larger as they wave up near the door. That is going to be one spiffy camper!

What Was Red is Now Blue and Mouse Ears Too!!

Check out my paint job on the camper and my graphics test. (Blog link in signature)

Opinions???

Thanks!

Carol- Just visited your blog. GREAT JOB!!!!!! It is really amazing that it came out looking so good, and that you did it yourself!

I really like your camper! I love the outdoor kitchen! If I can help it, I never cook in our pop-up- I don't want all the humidity/smoke/grease, etc. in the camper. That outdoor kitchen looks perfect.

I have a question about your removing the legs from your table. Are you never going to set it up as a table? I have a dinette set up like that in my camper that converts into a bed. I find that table real useful, so I wouldn't want to remove the legs. I'm just wondering if you have some other plan.

Also, just wondering- is there an AC unit in there somewhere? I couldn't camp in Florida without one.

TCD

Carol- Just visited your blog. GREAT JOB!!!!!! It is really amazing that it came out looking so good, and that you did it yourself!

I really like your camper! I love the outdoor kitchen! If I can help it, I never cook in our pop-up- I don't want all the humidity/smoke/grease, etc. in the camper. That outdoor kitchen looks perfect.

I have a question about your removing the legs from your table. Are you never going to set it up as a table? I have a dinette set up like that in my camper that converts into a bed. I find that table real useful, so I wouldn't want to remove the legs. I'm just wondering if you have some other plan.

Also, just wondering- is there an AC unit in there somewhere? I couldn't camp in Florida without one.

TCD

Thanks!!

If you look further back in the blog, we purchased an aluminum roll-up table from Sam's which we put under the awning over the kitchen to eat on.

Making up and breaking down the bed is lots of work, too much to do daily, and we have only about 200 lbs of CCC (cargo carrying capacity) for the camper, so reducing that 20 pounds will make a difference. If the weather is really miserable, we will just eat out and can fold up half of the bed and put our little side table in there to play cards or something.

Yes, it has a 9,000 BTU Cool Cat Air Conditioner and Heat Pump with adjustable thermostat. You can hang meat in there!!!!

Love what you've done to your camper. I looked at your blog. I don't know if I would be daring enough to try it, but it looks GREAT!

I got this on another board that I am on but thought you guys here would really enjoy it...

As explained by Cliff Cavin, of Cheers, to Norm, the Buffalo Theory went as follows:

" Well, you see Norm, it's like this.... a herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and the weakest at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

LOL! :rotfl2:

Since this is pretty off-topic though, I'm going to merge it in with the "Useless Facts & Chit-Chat Thread" where everyone can discuss this theory! :goodvibes

That explains why, as I have grown older, my mind functions at blazing speeds, soaking up information like a super computer and spitting out useless facts faster than a normal mind can comprehend them.

Whooo hooooo for you! I'm kinda new here, but wanted to wish you a BIG congrats!!! :cloud9:

Well, since this is the only place I can post this...........

I just got home last night and found out that the wife is pregnant!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are, we've only been trying for a couple months so it happened a bit sooner than we expected, but man, it's just crazy right now!!!

I really can't even speak about how excited we are, I can't wait to groom a new Fort Wilderness camper!!! lol ;)

Let the jokes begin...haha :P

Carol ,

Love the look. Wonder if my dad (mountaineermickey) will let me paint his 36 ft bounder?.:rolleyes1hmmmm. I could replace the roo with some mickey's....

lois

god i miss cliff..........what happened to all the good tv??????

Mash
taxi
3 is company
cheers
newhart
:guilty:

Carol ,

Love the look. Wonder if my dad (mountaineermickey) will let me paint his 36 ft bounder?.:rolleyes1hmmmm. I could replace the roo with some mickey's....

lois

You actually want to paint a 36 foot camper? Have fun...lol ;)

Well, since this is the only place I can post this...........

I just got home last night and found out that the wife is pregnant!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are, we've only been trying for a couple months so it happened a bit sooner than we expected, but man, it's just crazy right now!!!

I really can't even speak about how excited we are, I can't wait to groom a new Fort Wilderness camper!!! lol ;)

Let the jokes begin...haha :P

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cheer2: :grouphug: :banana: I love babies!!! (Can you tell by my sig?) We've been working on #7 with no luck this far. :crazy: Children are the best gifts in the whole world. We have taken babies camping and to WDW for quite a while now. Some people say they hold you back. I say they give you a reason to keep going!!! Only you are forced to move a lot quicker just to keep up with them.

I totally agree about WDW being a whole new place through their eyes. During the fireworks, I find myself watching the littles instead of the show. It is amazing. You are in for the ride of your life.

As for the due date... dh's bday is the 22nd and ds's is the 24th. April is a good month to have a baby in. Just before it gets too hot to be preggo.

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!

You actually want to paint a 36 foot camper? Have fun...lol ;)

oh, not all of it...:eek: But it does need a little pixie dust to it. Dad would like a flying wv on it.. btw, congrats to you and your wife. I'm an OB RN. Hope she (and you) do well.

Hi all we are new to the boards but have been reading for about a year. I'll try posting & see if I get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter