Other Parks: Universal/Sea World/Kennedy - COMPLETED

Mom-to-2-Princesses

Lovin' It!
Link to SLIDESHOW for final swap items!

http://s775.photobucket.com/albums/yy40/Mom-to-2-Princesses/2010%20Other%20Parks/?albumview=slideshow

The Other Parks (Space Center, Sea World, Universal) will have sign-ups open on Friday September 10, at 1 pm. They will stay open til Tuesday, September 14th.

Newbies are welcome. If you haven't swapped with us on this board before, then I will limit you to 2 groups.

If groups fill up and there is enough interest I will open more groups.

Check-ins
Confirm your groups and send me your contact info by – September 17
Check in #1 by – October 1
Check in #2 by – October 21 ** Last Call for Angels**
Mail by – November 10
Due by – November 17

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number. (I will only use these in an emergency).

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

If you finish early, feel free to mail to me as soon as you are done. I have room to store the boxes.

SWAP REQUIREMENTS
Each park will have a 2” Letter Words Group (A, B, E, F, J, K, L) and Standard Elements Group (C, D, G, H, I, M, N, O, P). The groups are listed in the next post.

2” Letter Words (A, B, E, F, J, K, L)
* Make your letter(s) 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative and use colors that represent the word.

Standard Element Groups (C, D, G, H, I, M, N, O, P) will be to make 2 elements from the list below.

Element list:
Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD.
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 photomats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
4 inchies
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
1 Border - 12x2 inches and able to be cut down to 11 inches in length - 2 layers and embellished.

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photomat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

******Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Packaging Instructions
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH CAREFULLY. If you are unable to package and label as follows, I respectfully ask that you do not sign up for this swap. Items that are not packaged and labeled properly are an added burden to the hostess; it really slows down the sorting process and increases the chances of you not getting back the pieces you are entitled to.

2” Letter Words – Place each letter or sets of letters into a Ziploc bag that is able to close (most people use snack size or jewelry bags) and label as noted below. Place those individual bags into a larger bag (quart size or larger) that will also be labeled.

Standard Element Groups - Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close and label it as noted below. Place the individual bags inside a gallon size or larger bag. NO SMALLER. Although your items may fit in a quart size bag, the pieces you get back may not fit in a small bag. Label the outer bag also. The little paper slips that go in the bags are also fine.

Label the individual bags and the larger bag with your DISname, name and group info:

Mom-to-2-Princesses
Lee Ann ________
Group F - Shamu

Thank you for taking the time to make sure your pieces meet these requirements.

Mailing Instructions
* You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after November 10th. Then, you must mail Priority with Delivery Confirmation. I recommend Delivery Confirmation for all packages, even before the November 10th date, but it is not required until after November 10th.
* I will send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include another $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70.
And I am not responsible to for postal errors. To minimize on postal errors, please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope.
* Do not include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope to have lots of fun with this swap and I know the items will be outstanding!!! These parks will offer a lot of creative opportunities for all of us!

Enjoy!

GROUPS

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER

2”Letter Words:

A – Kennedy Space Center (5 letters, 1 letter per person)(USA colors red, white, blue, silver) - MAKE 5
1. S - AlexWyattMommy
2. P - RLovew
3. A - Lovemy3kiddos
4. C - Mom-to-2-Princesses
5. E - Disneyland Emily

B – Astronaut (9 letters – 4 people 2 letters each, 1 person 1 letter/1 element) (USA colors red, white, blue, silver) - MAKE 4
1. A, N, R - Mom-to-2-Princesses
2. S, A - DisneyisTerrific
3. T, U - DisneylandEmily
4. O, T - Lovemy3kiddos

Element Groups (2 elements):

C – Kennedy Space Center - MAKE 3
1. Early Space Exploration - AlexWyattMommy
2. General Kennedy Space Center - Disneyland Emily
3. Space Shuttle Explorer - Mom-to-2-Princesses

D – Kennedy Space Center Tours - MAKE 2
1. Apollo /Saturn V Center - Disneyland Emily
2. General Tour - Mom-to-2-Princesses

SEA WORLD

2” Letter Words:

E – Sea World (8 letters – 4 people, 2 letters each) (Colors - shades of blue, white, silver) MAKE 4
1. S, O - AlexWyattMommy
2. E, R - Lovemy3kiddos
3. A, L - NemoMom07
4. W, D - Mom-to-2-Princesses

F – Shamu (5 letters – 5 people, 1 letter each) (colors - black, white, grey, blues) - MAKE 5
1. S - NemoMom07
2. H - DisneyisTerrific
3. A - Mom-to-2-Princesses
4. M - DisneyRider
5. U - Lovemy3kiddos

Element Groups (2 elements):

G – Animal Group One -- MAKE 5
1. Shamu / Whales - -AlexWyattMommy
2. Shark - Lovemy3kiddos
3. Dolphin DisneyRider
4. Penguin - Mom-to-2-Princesses
5. Polar Bear - PirateTink

H – Animal Group Two --MAKE 5
1. Manatee - DisneyisTerrific
2. Stingray - Lovemy3kiddos
3. Turtles - PirateTink
4. Fish - Mom-to-2-Princesses
5. Walrus - DisneyRider

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS /ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE

2” Letter Words

J – Universal Studios (16 letters, 4 people 3 letters each, 2 people 2 letters 1 extra each) (colors earthy/world blue, green, white, yellow and gold) -- MAKE 5
1. N, A, I, D – Mom-to-2-Princesses
2. I, L, O – Mischief Managed
3. V, S, S - PirateTink
4. E, T, U - HopeMax
5. R, U, S - Lovemy3kiddos

K – Islands of Adventure (18 letters, 6 people 3 letters each) - (colors earthy/world blue, green, white, yellow and gold)MAKE 6
1. I, S, E - PirateTink
2. S, O, N - HopeMax
3. L, F, T - Mischief Managed
4. A, D, U - Mom-to-2-Princesses
5. N, A, R - Lovemy3kiddos
6. D, V, E - Catinthehat35

L – Harry Potter -- (11 letters, 5 people 2 letters each, 1 person 1 letter/1 extra) (colors - black, dark red, gold/yellow, grey: for the red and gold try to be close to the Gryffindor shades) MAKE 6
1. H, O - DisneyisTerrific
2. A, T - PirateTink
3. R, T - Mischief Managed
4. R, E - Disneyland Emily
5. Y, R - HopeMax
6. P, extra - Mom-to-2-Princesses

Element Groups (2 Elements):

M – Universal Studios Rides --
(Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, The Simpson's Ride, Revenge of the Mummy, Men-in-Black Alien Attack, Jaws, Diaster!, Twister...Ride it Out, Shrek 4D, Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, ET Adventure, Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster) -- MAKE 5
You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride
1. Mom-to-2-Princesses - Jaws
2. PirateTink -- RipRide Rocket
3. HopeMax - Simpsons
4. Lovemy3kiddos - Shrek (piecing, mat, tag)
5. Mischief Managed - Jimmy Neutron

N – Islands of Adventure, Island Groups - MAKE 6
1. Marvel Super Hero Island - Lovemy3kiddos
2. Toon Lagoon - Catinthehat35
3. Jurassic Park – Mom-to-2-Princesses
4.The Lost Continent - HopeMax
5. Seuss Landing -- PirateTink
6. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Mischief Managed

O – Islands (except Harry Potter) Rides (The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dragon Challenge, The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, StormForce Accelatron, Jurasic Park River Adventure, Dudly Do Rights Ripshaw Falls, Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges, Pteranodon Flyers, Seuss Themed)
You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride -- MAKE 5
1. Mom-to-2-Princesses - Pteranodon Flyers
2. PirateTink -- Hulk
3. HopeMax - Cat in the Hat
4. Lovemy3kiddos - Spiderman (4" letter, mat, box)
5. Mischief Managed - Jurassic Ride

P – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter -(Honeydukes, Zonko's Joke Shop, Olivanders, Three Broomsticks, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Butterbeer, Sorting Hat, Harry Potter general) MAKE 6
You may choose one item and do two elements for it OR choose two items and do one element per item
1. Mischief Managed
2. Mom-to-2-Princesses
3. PirateTink - Ollivanders
4. HopeMax - Honeydukes
5. Mickster - general Harry Potter theme
6. Disneyland Emily

Waiting on address
Sent address and confirmed groups
Check in #1
Check in #2
Mailed
Received by me :goodvibes
Sent to you :cool1:
Received by you! :thumbsup2

Swappers:
:thumbsup2LoveMy3Kiddos: A, B, E, F, G, H, J, K, M, N, O to be mailed 11/15
:thumbsup2Mom-to-2-Princesses: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, O, P
:thumbsup2Disneyland Emily: A, B, C, D, L, P
:thumbsup2AlexWyattMommy: A, C, E, G, J
:thumbsup2NemoMom07: E, F
:thumbsup2DisneyRider: F, G, H
:thumbsup2PirateTink: G, H, J, K, L, M, N, O, P
:thumbsup2Mischief Managed: J, K, L, M, N, O, P
:thumbsup2HopeMax: J, K, L, M, N, O, P
:thumbsup2Mickster: P
:thumbsup2Rlovew - A mailed 11/12
:thumbsup2Catinthehat35 - K, N
:thumbsup2DisneyisTerrific - B, F, H, L

I'm here & ready to sign up :)

May I please have:

G Polar Bear
H. Turtle
M. Rip Ride Rockit
N. Seuss Landing
O Hulk
P. not sure yet

Thanks much & thanks for hosting!!

Oh and forgot to add the 2" letters -
I'll go in any spot for J, K and L groups.
thanks again!

I have not gone to these parks yet, but I'm afraid my family is all Disney out. Next time it will probably take me to the dark side. ;)

I would like:

E - S,O

G - 1.Shamu/whales

J - U,S,D

J - E, T, extra
K - S, O, N
L - Y, R
M - Simpsons
N - Lost Continent
O - Cat in the Hat
P - Honeydukes

Thanks!

Hi!! Just got in and saw I am late to the party!! Can I please have:

A. A
B. O, extra
E. E, R
F. U
G. Sharks
H. Stingrays
J. R, U, extra
K. N, A, R
M. Simpsons Ride and Mummy (one from each)
N. Marvel Island
O. Spiderman and Seuss themed (one from each)

*I know that Simpson and Cat in the Hat are both already named, but if we are not making the same elements, is that ok? If not, I can choose something else. Just let me know!! Thanks!

Oh, and do you want to know the elements we are making for the M & O groups? Just in case, here are mine: M. Simpsons Ride - topper? (depends on what Hope wants) and Mummy - mat and tag. O. Spiderman - 4" letter and tag and Seuss - mat & lib. pocket & tag? (depends on what Hope wants). So, that takes care of me!! Thanks again!

I was planning on making a topper and mats for my Simpsons pieces and Cat in the Hat pieces.

Personally, I would prefer not to receive the same topic from multiple people. This swap is usually small, so I wouldn't want to have an even smaller group of different topics because people are doubling up. Obviously, Seuss stuff, people can do lots of different things (One Fish, Two Fish, Carrouseussel, Horton, Sneetches, Cat in the Hat, etc), so as long as they are different, I don't have a problem with multiple Seuss. But I would rather not get 2 sets for the same attraction, even if they are different elements.

Hi!! Just got in and saw I am late to the party!! Can I please have:

M. Simpsons Ride and Mummy (one from each)
O. Spiderman and Seuss themed (one from each)

*I know that Simpson and Cat in the Hat are both already named, but if we are not making the same elements, is that ok? If not, I can choose something else. Just let me know!! Thanks!

Oh, and do you want to know the elements we are making for the M & O groups? Just in case, here are mine: M. Simpsons Ride - topper? (depends on what Hope wants) and Mummy - mat and tag. O. Spiderman - 4" letter and tag and Seuss - mat & lib. pocket & tag? (depends on what Hope wants). So, that takes care of me!! Thanks again!

Glad to have you at the party! For group O just stay away from the Cat in the Hat ride and choose a different Seuss ride and you'll be fine. :thumbsup2 And I think I agree with Hope that we should chose different items from the list.

Updated list to post #9 - Lovemy3kiddos

I was planning on making a topper and mats for my Simpsons pieces and Cat in the Hat pieces.

Personally, I would prefer not to receive the same topic from multiple people. This swap is usually small, so I wouldn't want to have an even smaller group of different topics because people are doubling up. Obviously, Seuss stuff, people can do lots of different things (One Fish, Two Fish, Carrouseussel, Horton, Sneetches, Cat in the Hat, etc), so as long as they are different, I don't have a problem with multiple Seuss. But I would rather not get 2 sets for the same attraction, even if they are different elements.

That's fine...I thought since MT2P put the option out there, we could do that. That's why I figured we had to name elements. No biggie...I'll just stick to the Mummy and Spiderman alone.

I will let you know what my additional elemnts will be soon. Have to go back and think it over!! :thumbsup2

That's fine...I thought since MT2P put the option out there, we could do that. That's wy I figured we had to name elements. No biggie...I'll just stick to the Mummy and Spiderman alone.

I will let you know what my additional elemnts will be soon. Have to go back and think it over!! :thumbsup2

Sorry to confuse you! I was just listing all the options that could be chosen. Maybe I should have erased it from the list after it was chosen? I figured since the groups were small we could see what was chosen and then if people changed their minds on their theme they could see a full list of options.

Sorry to confuse you! I was just listing all the options that could be chosen. Maybe I should have erased it from the list after it was chosen? I figured since the groups were small we could see what was chosen and then if people changed their minds on their theme they could see a full list of options.

No worries!! It's not confusing...I just thought since the listing said we could do either 1 or 2 rides and the number of elements adjusted according to that it wouldn't be a problem as long as we didn't duplicate actual elements. It's fine though. Like I said, I'll do just Spiderman and The Mummy. Not to worry!

OK...here is my final decision LOL!!! M. I'll do Shrek - piecing and mat and tag. O. I'll do Spiderman - 4" letter and mat and box

Hey! I'd like to join! Pick me...pick me! :) so can I have Harry Potter elements??? Please?? :) that would be awesome...we might be going in January...

I would like to take the last spot in Group E and a spot in Group F any letter is fine.

I will be out of town on the date that you need us to confirm our groups and send you information. I am taking my computer so if I have time I can send it or I can send it today or tomorrow.

Hey! I'd like to join! Pick me...pick me! :) so can I have Harry Potter elements??? Please?? :) that would be awesome...we might be going in January...

Mickster -- You have been picked! I added you to group P, Harry Potter Elements. Would you also like to join the 2" letter word in group L?

Thanks for signing me up! I'm in my hotel for the night and was just checking in. Uuummm... let's see, can I please have also:
M - Jimmy Neutron
N - Harry Potter
O - Jurassic ride

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter