Our 11 Day Deluxe Dining Report With Pics! *Update 5/1 Complete*

I'm subscribe - love your reviews and pictures. I was on the fence with Raglan Road, you made up my mind. I am going!

We had the same experience at the Yachtsmen (minus the puke)! Only I had to send my steak back TWICE for what should have been medium and kept coming back raw! I'm sorry you had to deal with vomit too because that place is bad enough without the extra aggrivation :(

I agree w/ a PP. I think the napkins covering the mess are more sanitary than dragging a mop out and swilling the vomit around. To anyone that has never had small children...sometimes they give you warning, sometimes they don't. I remember one horrible meal...my son, and my sister's two boys ALL threw up w/in a minute of each other while we were out to lunch one day. Warning, No! Were they sick, No! If they said they were sick and could you count on this, No! The parents were probably doing the best they could, no one wants their child to vomit at a restaurant. As to the degree of doneness and quality of meat. Most chefs take it as a personal affront if someone orders a good steak cooked more than rare. So, if you eat your meat med rare or above...don't order steak at a "good" steak place. You will get a very bad, gristly cut. Is this fair ? No. But the way it is. Order something else, buy good meat and cook it the way you want at home.

I agree w/ a PP. I think the napkins covering the mess are more sanitary than dragging a mop out and swilling the vomit around. To anyone that has never had small children...sometimes they give you warning, sometimes they don't. I remember one horrible meal...my son, and my sister's two boys ALL threw up w/in a minute of each other while we were out to lunch one day. Warning, No! Were they sick, No! If they said they were sick and could you count on this, No! The parents were probably doing the best they could, no one wants their child to vomit at a restaurant. As to the degree of doneness and quality of meat. Most chefs take it as a personal affront if someone orders a good steak cooked more than rare. So, if you eat your meat med rare or above...don't order steak at a "good" steak place. You will get a very bad, gristly cut. Is this fair ? No. But the way it is. Order something else, buy good meat and cook it the way you want at home.

:confused3

I really don't agree with any of this. If my DD tells me she's not feeling well, I know that she's not feeling well. She doesn't just tell me that just for the heck of it. And regarding the meat situation, I rarely eat red meat anymore but when I did, I always ordered my steak medium well. At even what would be considered average steak houses, my cut of meat was fine.

So, I must appologize for my long long absence! Shame on me. In my defense, I own a small knitting business, and I have been swamped getting ready for winter!

So, after I fabulous meal at Wolfgang's we headed back over to the Magic Kingdom for the day, knowing we had the dessert party ahead of us that night.

So, I will say this. I came into the party with an open mind. Right before we left there was a series of pretty unkind reviews about the party. That being said, if I can ever convince Adam to come to Disney again, we won't be repeating this event.

I thought the desserts were delicious, and the view was lovely. Seeing Tinkerbell fly overhead was an experience I won't soon forget.

I think the price was way out of line for this and I will explain why. We were one of the first people into the party, and our table was directly front and center. We got our first plates of dessert, and enjoyed them at our table. We got our photopass picture taken. It was nice and relaxing. I decided I wanted a few more chocolate covered strawberries. Something tragic must have happened while we had been away (like the end of civilization being announced) because I returned to an absolute disaster. There were trays of food knocked off their pedestals, food on the floor, people up at the buffet and cast members quickly trying to clean everything up. While I was at the buffet I was quite literally elbowed out of the way by a rather ravenous individual. It was just a really unpleasant experience. I felt like I was in the middle of a stampede and there was no need for it. We were told no less than 3 times that everything would be replenished, and as far as I could tell, it was.

And also, remember my really wonderful seat? Not so much when people start lining up in the rail 45 minutes before the show directly in front of you. Don't get me wrong, they had every right to do that, but the point of going to the dessert paty was so that you din't have to stand around jockeying for position. Maybe it was just the crowd that was there with us that night, I really don't know. But, really not a an experience I'm dying to repeat. Again, I thought the desserts were tasty and nicely portioned, but just overall, not for us. Only got 2 pics on my camera (shame again!) but here they are

DisneyworldAugust2010-2196.jpg

DisneyworldAugust2010-2196.jpg

Up Next: 50's Prime Time

I had considered the Dessert Party for awhile (if it's offered in 2011), but I've seen many reports like yours. I'm not going to pay to still have to "find a spot" to watch the fireworks. I really wish they'd do some special event where you could be seated, have dessert (buffet is fine), and watch both the Parade AND Wishes from your reserved, seated position!

So day 4 was our very first day at Hollywood Studios (which for the record, is my favorite Disney park on US soil). We had no breakfast reservation for that day, because we used some snack credits at the Main St. Bakery the night before. I had the warm banana bread pudding, and Adam had the Walnut Brownie ($3.99 each). Sorry, no pics. Both were delicious, even mine which was obviously no longer warm. I could have eaten banana bread pudding every day if allowed.

Anywho...we had an 11:15 reservation at 50's, which happened to be right when it started to downpour (again!).

Our server was Tom, and he really wasn't very good, but the server at the table next to us really made up for him.

For starters, Adam had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2296.jpg

Chicken Noodle Soup - Hearty mixture of chicken, vegetables, and egg noodles $6.49

This is probably one of the best chicken noodle soups I have ever had (except for ma's of course). Great chicken flavor, tender veggies and well seasoned.

And I had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2295.jpg

Aunt Annie's Seafood Salad - Lump Blue Crab, Bay Scallops, and Shrimp tossed in Citrus Vinaigrette served on seasonal Greens $9.99

All I can say is YUMMMMMMM! I'm actually salivating remembering this dish. If you don't like seafood you will hate this, but if you do, its really a great preparation. The vinaigrette on this was light and refreshing and the lemon squeezed over the top really enhanced the seafood.

And for our main course, Adam had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2299.jpg

Caesar Salad with Chicken - Romaine lettuce tossed with Caesar dressing, grated parmesan cheese, garlic croutons topped with sliced grilled chicken $12.99

There isn't too much to say about this dish. The greens were crisp and well washed, the dressing was good. Pretty hard to screw up a Caesar salad.

And I had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2297.jpg

Cousin Eric's Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich - marinated chicken breast topped with cheddar, grilled onions, barbeque sauce, lettuce and tomato on a Kaiser roll, with a house salad or french fries $13.49

Another stellar dish. I don't know what the marinade used for this was, but it was good. The chicken had excellent char flavor, and was moist and wonderful. Well carmelized onions, great BBQ sauce and fresh bun. I also got a caesar salad and pickle with this. Really nice lunch here.

And for dessert...I forgot to take pics. Really sorry about this! Somehow, I did get pics of us with the dessert menu:

DisneyworldAugust2010-2301.jpg

Adam got a hot fudge sundae $4.99. Again, not something you can really screw up, but it was yummy and came with all the traditional fixins.

I had the No Sugar Added Cheesecake - topped with fresh whipped cream and strawberry sauce $5.49. I actually think this was a raspberry sauce. There is no crust on this, just cheesecakey goodness. I have to say, as far as sugar free desserts go, this is a really great option and was tasty and a HUGE portion.

Like I said, our service here was really really lacking, but the food was a great rebound. I would definitely go here again for just food alone.

Total TS Credits used: 2
Total TS Credits remaining: 44
Total amount covered by Dining Plan: $55.73

I was going to wait until the end to post this, but I just have to now. I had a horrifying experience at Yachtsman (very unlike yours, though--I can't believe that!). I had a poorly cooked steak, a 45 min wait past my ADR time, and a server who was not really there. I have reservations in December again, but now I wonder if I should do it.

BTW--Disney refunded me for my Yachtsman experience.

popcorn:: Really enjoying your reviews. We leave in just 28 days for the first time to Disney and with our 3 kids. Many of the places we have ressies for, you are reviewing. Thanks for sharing your experiences good, bad and disgusting! :rotfl:

Now, I booked the Fantasmic Package because I was basically told by a friend that you either booked it, or waited in line 2 hours for a decent seat. Having seen Fantasmic already at Disneyland, I really had no desire to wait 2 hours. So, we selected Mama Melrose. This is the only restaurant that we actually waited a long time past our ADR time for (like 25 minutes). We also had one of the latest seatings for the package, 4:45.

For those of you that don't know, the Fantasmic package includes a NA beverage, app, entree and dessert. In retrospect, since we were on the Deluxe dining plan, this may not have been the best use of a TS credit. However, we had a decent meal here. Nothing over the top, but it was definitely sufficient.

Adam got the:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2351.jpg

Mozzarella and Tomatoes - with marinated sweet onions, balsamic drizzle, extra virgin olive oil and fresh sweet basil $7.99

(If you aren't sensing a theme here, you will be soon. Adam is now officially an expert in the Mozz and Tomato apps all over the world. If you want to know where the best one is, he can tell you. I of course won't go near a tomato, so I can't tell you how this was, but he did clean his plate when he was done.

I had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2352.jpg

Mama's Antipasto for Two - selection of meats, cheeses, and marinated vegetables $14.99

To be very specific, this was a selection of prosciutto, salami, roasted red peppers (which tasted JUST like the ones you get from a jar), asparagus, pickled mushrooms (see, they do exist!) several varieties of olives (which were pitted) and pistachios. I did not care for the pistachios, they were somewhat mushy from whatever they had been tossed in, but everything else was tasty. However, I like meats and cheeses and pickled things of all varieties.

Adam went with the:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2354.jpg

for an entree.

Charred Sirloin Steak - gorgonzola butter on roasted red pepper polenta, grilled asparagus and red wine reduction $20.99

This actually did not have any polenta with it, but rather potatoes. I was extremely disappointed in this because I love polenta, but Adam was thrilled. He is not sophisticated enough for polenta. He said that this steak was superior to the one he had at Yachtsmans (ouch!).

I had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2353.jpg

Which I can't find on any of the online menus. It was a shrimp and artichoke pizza. It was pretty bland, and greasy. Not in a drizzled with olive oil kind of way, just kind of yuck greasy. I love shrimp, and I love artichokes though, so it ended up being a "so-so" for me.

I forgot pics of dessert (I really do get better, I promise!)
but I went with the Crema Limone - no sugar added lemon custard topped with fresh whipped cream and berries $6.99. This wasn't what I was expecting. Despite the menu cleary saying custard, I was expecting more of like a lemon meringue pie/lemon curd type thing. This is lemon custard, and for having no sugar added, I found it incredibly sweet. It also only came with one lonely blackberry on the top. If there were more berries it would have helped to tame the sweetness. Overall, not something I will repeat.

Adam had Gelato $4.49. He really is used to rich and thick custard from here, so he learned quickly that gelato is not his thing. I tasted it, and it was fine. He would have enjoyed it more if he went with a flavor other than vanilla :confused3

That being said, this restaurant is insanely, almost unbearably loud. This was compounded by the fact that we sat next to a family with a young child that had obviously reached his limit and was screaming. This was a problem that you apparently solve in a restaurant by screaming back at your child "Stop Screaammmmming!!!!" It was needless to say, bad. But we also had a very nice family from Canada on the other side of us with perfectly well behaved children, so you win some you lose some. In my book, Mama's gets a B for food, and a D- for atmosphere. We also were exhausted, and Adam said he had zero interest in seeing Fantasmic, so we ended up giving our vouchers to two people we saw waiting in a ridiculously long line at 6 oclock. I couldn't believe that 2 hours before showtime (on a night with two showings) that the line had stretched to the end of Hollywood Blvd. Better luck for us next time.

But now that the selling/busy season is over for me, I plan on finishing up my dining report. Good thing I kept thorough notes!

Breakfast for us was snacks from Kringla in Norway.

I had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2359.jpg

It was lox on a whole grain bread, with a few slices of hard boiled egg and red onion, really really delicious. I should say that this is NOT a snack, but the cashier rang it in as one, despite me telling her we would just like it charged to the room. So, that pretty much made it the best snack value in all the world at a whopping 7.99.

Adam had this:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2360.jpg

Chocolate Pound Cake, a much more reasonable snack item at 3.95.

Next up for us was lunch at Via Napoli. The restaurant had just opened a few weeks before we arrived, so I didn't know really what to expect. It was obvious that a lot of things like meal timing and service had yet to be worked out, I'm sure (at least hope) that these have all been resolved by now.

For appetizers I had:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2382.jpg

Fritto Misto - an assortment of just-fried seasonal vegetables, calamari and cheese: arancini, mozzarella, calamari, melanzane, asparagus, zucchini and carciofi (artichokes), pomodor piccante sauce $24

This is basically a huge plate of fried stuff. I really wish I would have known this was portioned for 2 people and not just one, because it was a ridiculous amount of food, even for 2 people, this is more than enough for an entree. I do have to say, that the calamari is some of the best that I have ever had, delicious!

Adam had:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2383.jpg

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu $10

Sorry about the bite, but these were also quite tasty, but again also fried. There was also a generous portion of these included in my plate so it would have been nice to have just shared that, not as much would have gone to waste.

I will point out that the fried food came out very well drained and extremely hot, so in other words, perfect!

Entree for me:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2384.jpg

Carciofi - artichoke, pecorino, mozzarella, truffle oil

Do not be fooled by the humble look of this pizza, it was DELICIOUS and much better than my flavorless pizza the day before at Mama Melrose. The crust is outstanding, and the truffle oil really added a complexity to the flavor. Was really delicious.

And for Adam:
DisneyworldAugust2010-2387.jpg

Pollo - chopped romaine with chicken, cucumber, peppers, cantaloupe, toasted almonds and honey-citrus vinaigrette $17

Without the chicken. A HUGE entree salad. And, after having finished up a good bit of my frito misto, he had a very hard time finishing this.

Desserts here were nothing special, but this is what we had.

DisneyworldAugust2010-2386.jpg

Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni - Amarena cherry and vanilla gelato sundae with cookies $10

The closest thing I can compare Amarena cherries to are Black cherries. Very very tart. I thought the gelato was good, but was completely over powered by the cherry sauce.

Adam had
DisneyworldAugust2010-2387.jpg

Torta di Sarena - apple cake with almond sorbetto $8

This dessert was a total bust, it was completely almond flavored, which was really disappointing. The almond flavor was so overpowering that you would have never known apples were in here, but not for their texture.

We would come here again, but probably skip dessert and share the frito misto. Overall, we felt pretty neutral about the restaurant, but make no mistake, the pizzas are the stars here.

Total Credits Used: 2
Credits Remaining: 40
Total not included tip: $99.05

We had a 7:00 PM reservation at Chefs. This place was PACKED and extremely noisy. This was by far the longest wait we had for a table anywhere, including when we made special table requests. Even so, it was only about 25 minutes, and nothing to get upset over. So, was it worth the wait? Lets find out.

Our server was Millie. Oh she was just so cute with the most adorable French accent I have ever heard in my life. I appreciated the fact that while I fumbled over the French that I apparently lost somewhere between high school and today, she didn't laugh or make fun of me in the slightest.

We had a pretty heavy lunch at Via earlier in the day, so I wanted something a little on the lighter side. I resisted my urge to go with the lobster bisque and instead went with the Salade Au Bleu - romaine hearts, blue cheese dressing, bacon, walnuts, croutons $7.25

DisneyworldAugust2010-2402.jpg

Yum! Creamy delicious blue cheese, crisp bacon, just really yummy. The only wish I had was that this should have been made with spinach as I am not the biggest fan of romaine. I think spinach would have taken this to a whole different level, but a solid salad, to say the least.

Adam had Soupe a l'oignon Gratinee - the classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese $6.50

DisneyworldAugust2010-2403.jpg

This must have been good because when we got home ramekins were purchased and a frantic search began for Gruyere cheese at the local supermarket.

For entrees I had Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese $18.95

DisneyworldAugust2010-2404.jpg

Perfectly cooked pasta and a wonderful pungent bite from the cheeses. My only remark is that I think $19 is a bit ridiculous for the portion that was given and I probably would have been slightly annoyed if we weren't on the dining plan.

Adam had Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with a black pepper sauce original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans $34.95

DisneyworldAugust2010-2405.jpg

This was absolutely delicious, along with the black pepper sauce. In contrast to my dish, this was a huge filet, along with a large helping of green beans and potatoes, and was well worth the sticker price so to speak. The meat was cooked a perfect medium rare. Cannot even tell you how much we both appreciated the fact that these were fresh green beans and not canned. Delicious and wonderfully in season at the time.

Next up was dessert!

I had Crepe a la pomme et cannelle, glace vanille, caramel jus de pommes - Crepes filled with cinnamon, apple, vanilla ice cream and apple caramel sauce $7.25

DisneyworldAugust2010-2406.jpg

OH...MY...WORD! This was hands down without a doubt the best dessert I had all trip long. If it would have been socially acceptable I would have licked my plate clean of the caramel sauce, and even though its not, I still considered it. The crepe was fabulous and light, and the apples were actually cooked very well and had a fantastic apple flavor. The whole thing was nicely balanced by the cold ice cream.

Adams dessert sadly is no longer listed on any of the online menus, but it was just a chocolate cake.

DisneyworldAugust2010-2407.jpg

I feel I do it a bit of injustice by calling it "just a chocolate cake". Because it was a PERFECT chocolate cake. Moist, rich, creamy frosting, and the sweetness was cut with the ice cream. Yum!

Overall, Chefs was a huge winner for us. It was a perfectly timed meal. Millie, our server, was so wonderful. She was very attentive without being intrusive. I appreciated her a great deal. And the food was fantastic, really no issues to report here.

Credits Remaining: 38
Total not including tip: $94.04

We booked Tusker House for 2 reasons. 1) Because we got early entry into the park and 2) Because they have Daisy, who is one of my favorites.

DisneyworldAugust2010-2313.jpg

DisneyworldAugust2010-2316.jpg

So...I was really awful at taking pics at all the buffets. So those will have to do. I love love love the theming here. Really beautiful. And seriously, HUGE variety of options here. Cheese blintzes, carved ham, spiced corned beef hash, beef bobotie, Yam Casserole with coconut, cinnamon banana bread pudding. I loved this buffet because it was so unique. A lot of choices that weren't on any other buffets we went to, and none of them were too far off the beaten path that it would deter one from trying a bit of everything. Of course, there were the classic staples, waffles, eggs, and pastries for the less adventurous.

An excellent choice for breakfast if you are planning on going to the Animal Kingdom.

Credits Remaining: 36
Total not including tip: $44.71

Ok, so as if it wasn't bad enough that I didn't take pictures at Tusker House, my camera died on Kilimanjaro Safari that morning, which is what happens when you forget to charge it.:sad2:

I again, really loved the theming of Yak and Yeti. However, I did not care for our table, which was upstairs, next to a window with an angled ceiling. It was very claustrophobic feeling, and I don't suffer from the condition. I made mental note for next trip that I would definitely be wanting to request 4 tops for our ADRs. The 2 tops are just too small and I like to kind of spread out. Anyhow...on to the food.

For apps, I had Seared Ahi Tuna - chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw $10.99.

Delicious. Perfectly seared Ahi, and the wasabi aioli was AMAZING. So much so that I requested an extra side of it. I will also mention that this came out so fast, that the seared portion of the Ahi was still warm. The chili slaw was also delicious, and provided a nice crunch against the tuna. This was a really nice balance of hot and cold and crunch with the slaw. I wish I would have ordered a second helping of this for my entree instead of what I actually did order.

Adam had Pork Egg Rolls - chili plum dipping sauce $7.99.

These came out piping hot, and well drained so they weren't greasy. I don't think Adam will ever enjoy an egg roll at home in the same way.

For entree's we both had the Sweet and Sour Chicken - Tempura chicken , ginger, garlic, bell peppers, pineapple $17.49

I don't know why I was expecting this to be a culinary adventure. It was no better or worse than ordinary chinese food we would get at home, with the exception that it did have large pieces of bell peppers and pineapple, which was nice. It was just an average entree. It left me wanting something more, and I'm really not sure why it did. Sweet and sour chicken is as sweet and sour chicken does.

Dessert was another story.

Again, we both went with the same thing. Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle $7.99

Yum yum and yum. I fell in love with grilled pineapple when I ate it in Hawaii a few years ago. Delicious, although I do wish that they would put the grilled pineapple inside of the wonton. But, a nice solid dessert.

Credits Remaining: 34
Total not included tip: $82.92

I came to Cali Grill with ONE thing in mind. SUSHI! And it did not disappoint. On a past trip to Disneyland, I had the privilege of dining at Napa Rose. A girlfriend of mine went with me, and it was at the time, and is still to this day, the best meal I have ever had. I was hoping that this would maybe compare to it, and it just simply doesn't. While both focus on California cuisine, I quickly realized it was two very different types of California Cuisine. Napa Rose was much more like Artist Point was, so they really just don't compare.

Our server was Erika. Not sure what it was about her, but she really just rubbed me the wrong way from the get go. She just came off as very abrasive to me. She did however, make a very nice wine recommendation for me, so it temporarily earned her some points back.

Now, I will say that I completely understand that wine by the glass in a restaurant suffers from a severe severe price markup. But for the $16 I spent on one glass of Selbach Riesling, I could have bought an entire bottle of it at the wine shop in Germany, if I chipped in another $2 and the tax. And if you pour the bottle correctly, you should get a total of 4 glasses from it, etc, etc. Pointless rant now over. So, chalk it up to an inexperienced wine drinker, but I really felt kind of cheated by this. And of course, I didn't know this at the time, so it did not detract from my enjoyment of the meal.

So, on to the actual food.

For apps, Adam had Hearts of Romaine - with Roasted Garlic Dressing, Marinated Anchovies, Olives, Aged Parmesan, and Croutons $11

DisneyworldAugust2010-2484.jpg

So, kind of like a classic Caesar, but called something different. It got two thumbs up.

I had the well reviewed Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, bay scallops, tuna and fireball sauce $22

DisneyworldAugust2010-2483.jpg

Um. Oh my God. This was really all that and a bag of potato chips, greatest thing since sliced bread, all of that. DELICIOUS. Just so so so so good. Amazing. But again, a HUGE portion for appetizer. Still, well worth the $22 price tag in my opinion. A similar roll at our local sushi place goes for $12 and is no where near the quality or freshness.

And for entrees, Adam had Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with Goat Cheese Polenta, Button Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Sage $34

DisneyworldAugust2010-2486.jpg

Beautiful pork, which I usually don't care for, and creamy polenta. A very nice, hearty dish. I for one, appreciated the fact that this came with polenta instead of a potato.

I of course, went with Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter - maki and nigiri $28

DisneyworldAugust2010-2485.jpg

EVERYTHING was amazing. However, the one in the lower left hand corner was octopus. Now, I certainly meant no disrespect for the chef by not eating it, but I learned on a previous sushi excursion that Octopus is not for me. Flavor wise, or texture wise, it just won't go down for me. So, despite gobbling up everything else on the plate, and I mean EVERY bit, I actually was scolded by the waitress for leaving the octopus. Not in the joking way either. In the way that I got a lecture explaining that Yoshi was one of the most respected sushi chefs in the country and how insulting it was for me to send sushi back to the kitchen. I explained that I certainly meant no disrespect by doing so, I just know that octopus is a bit too adventurous for my taste and that the chefs skills were evident by the amazing sushi that I just devoured. If she was joking, she took it too far. I had to ask her to please, take my plate away, and bring out the dessert menu for us.

Dessert was also stellar here. We both went with the Valrhona Chocolate Cake - Warm chocolate cake w/molten center, cherry chambord ice cream, sweet whipped cream $13

A really nice dessert that was actually made by the delicious ice cream that accompanied it.

Overall, the view for Wishes, and the over all amazing food made up for the fact that our service experience was pretty much ruined by the lecture I had to endure. Also, while Erika was not the only server to commit the faux paus, it really irritated me when we had a server remind us that gratuity was not included on the dining plan. And Erika mentioned it to us twice. Because apparently we couldn't determine this from the two receipts that state this, as well as the little flyer they insert with the check. While I don't doubt that this may have been overlooked by folks in the past, whether it be honest mistake or intentional, I felt it rude and somewhat awkward to be reminded of this at almost every meal.

Overall though, looking forward to repeating a meal here in the future.

Total Credits Used: 4
Credits Remaining: 30
Total not including Tip or alcohol: $152.25

I really like your dining reviews. You chose a lot of the same places I would have chosen if we did DxDP. So sorry to hear about your experience at the Yachtsman!!! yuck!!!

I just want to comment on the wishes dessert party. We had the exact same experience as you. We arrived early, (booked well in advanced), had a lovely table with a PERFECT view. Then about 20 minutes before time, a huge or junior high school group with 1 chaperone (like 15-20 kids) piled in in front of our table!!! Some of them pulling up chairs and sitting on the backs of them obviously obstructing ours and everyone else's views. :scared1: My DH wondered how junior high kids could even afford the Wishes Dessert Party! UGH! While we enjoyed our desserts soo very much and had the PERFECT table, the fact that it comes down to pushing and shoving to get a good spot was frustrating, especially as a family of 5 we paid @100 bucks for basically the dessert! We made the best of it but boy was the dad at the next table MAD!!! I am sure Disney heard from him!!!

Anyway, continue you on with your great reviews. So glad you decided to finish!!!

Your reviews have been great. On every trip I've ever taken to Kona, our server has disappeared for extended periods of time. It wasn't so bad when I was dining with two other adults, but it does present a problem when my DH and I had breakfast and dinner there last June with our DS5 and DD3.
Was Cousin Tom your server at PTC? He was ours in June 2006 and was hilarious. We also had a visit with Cousin Mark, another one of their servers who is *really* in character. I may have to get that seafood salad after reading your review. I have been eyeing it up for a while now.
DH and I have stopped going to CG, somewhat in part because of the service. Our last server seemed to be very put out that we weren't doing wine pairings and weren't having a five course meal. She rubbed me the wrong way from the get-go. That said, our new favorite is Narcoossee's, so much so that we dined there two nights in a row last summer. I dream about that almond crusted cheesecake.
I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your rewiews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter