Our delicious Deluxe Dining Adventures! Lots of pics! Final thoughts - All Done!!

Room service is the best!!!

Can't wait to hear your last review. Sad to see it end though.

Well it took me two days but I read all of your reviews. WOW!! I am now very hungry and so looking forward to my trip in May. Thank you so much for posting! I loved seeing all the pictures. You and your hubby are very cute together.:love::love:

Wow!!! I just sat down and for five hours (with a couple of hours out to go get my nails and brows done) read your whole review - stem to stern. popcorn:: I loved it!! I just booked our ADR's for June yesterday and have several on our list that you reviewed so this was great to see the pix and more importantly hear all of the great information you gave. It even makes me think I might like to take some pix myself and do a review when we get back. Of course DH will have to show me how to upload them. I'm lousy at computer tech!

Oh, bummer! Keep trying though - you never know!! What time are you trying for? We went at 7.30 and there were lots of empty tables then!

Yay!! I just got an ADR for Ohana breakfast!!!! The only thing is that my dinner ADR for that day is also at Ohana!!

I actually can't wait, I think it'll be fun!!
I'm going to go and pick up some Tonga Toast at Captain Cookes or whatever it's called, so that I don't have to miis out on anything!!!

I can't get over that Mama Melrose story. How horrifying! BUT, like so many others have said, you didn't miss much. Brown Derby for lunch (Cobb Salad!!) is, truly, the only TS meal I would consider at DHS these days. Your room service meal sounded great!

I am so sorry that this report is coming to an end, though I am enjoying reliving it a bit through your other report on the TR board! ;)

Looking forward to hearing about the last breakfast at WCC. (Been there, done that...)

That's terrible about MM. Good heavens, even if you DID check in at 4:31, it was one minute...I would not even have taken issue with a stinkin minute! Crazy CM! We had a similiar experience at 50's PTC. It took us a good 10 or 15 minutes to wait in line to check in...then we were told we were late. Gotta love it! Maybe not eating at MM was a blessing in disguise? Anyway, your dinner in bed looked delicious and probably was much more fun. Glad you got to see Fantasmic too and got better seats. :goodvibes

The whole Mama Melrose thing was bizarre! I know! One minute!! So odd!! :confused3
But you're right - maybe it was a blessing in disguise! We had a fun meal anyway, in bed!

I looked at this photo for a long time, trying to figure out why they gave you little jars of strawberry jam to go with your dinner. :confused3 Eventually I did figure out that it must actually be ketchup. :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao:

Your dinner in bed with tv sounds heavenly. Just the ticket after an evening like that!

Hehee!! Yes, it's totally ketchup! Sorry to bamboozle you! And yep, dinner in bed was perfect after a crazy evening - and after a huge 12 days at Disney World, too!! Nice and relaxing.

So sorry about your bad experience at MM - from what I've read lately, I don't think you missed much. Shame about the penne a la vodka though - I would have just headed for the nearest bar and had the vodka anyway :rotfl:

In-room dining at WL looks great :thumbsup2

I'm sad that your reviews are nearly over - looking forward to reading about your WCC brekkie though.

I didn't think of having my vodka anyway!! Haaa! That's a great idea!! I totally should have done that! :thumbsup2
WCC brekkie review is coming right up!

Room service is the best!!!

Can't wait to hear your last review. Sad to see it end though.

Aww, thanks. Room service is great, isn't it!? DH said later he wished we had have done more of it. But it's Disney - we had to try the restaurants too!

Fruit :scared1: are you mad !!!!

I know!!! I must be, I think!! :lmao:

Well it took me two days but I read all of your reviews. WOW!! I am now very hungry and so looking forward to my trip in May. Thank you so much for posting! I loved seeing all the pictures. You and your hubby are very cute together.:love::love:

Two days, wow!! Thanks for reading!!
Lucky you, going in May!! I hope you have a blast! And thanks for all your nice comments! :goodvibes

Wow!!! I just sat down and for five hours (with a couple of hours out to go get my nails and brows done) read your whole review - stem to stern. popcorn:: I loved it!! I just booked our ADR's for June yesterday and have several on our list that you reviewed so this was great to see the pix and more importantly hear all of the great information you gave. It even makes me think I might like to take some pix myself and do a review when we get back. Of course DH will have to show me how to upload them. I'm lousy at computer tech!

5 hours, wow!! You did well! Thanks for reading and for your nice comments! I'm sure you'll have a great time in June - you will definitely have to do a review now! It's pretty easy to get your photos up, you'll work it out!! :yay:

Yay!! I just got an ADR for Ohana breakfast!!!! The only thing is that my dinner ADR for that day is also at Ohana!!

I actually can't wait, I think it'll be fun!!
I'm going to go and pick up some Tonga Toast at Captain Cookes or whatever it's called, so that I don't have to miis out on anything!!!

YayyyyyY!! I'm so glad you got into 'Ohana!! I'd love to go to 'Ohana for both breakfast and dinner on the same day! An 'Ohana feast!! Lucky you!!
Plus, you still get to have your Tonga Toast. It all worked out perfectly!! :banana:

I can't get over that Mama Melrose story. How horrifying! BUT, like so many others have said, you didn't miss much. Brown Derby for lunch (Cobb Salad!!) is, truly, the only TS meal I would consider at DHS these days. Your room service meal sounded great!

I am so sorry that this report is coming to an end, though I am enjoying reliving it a bit through your other report on the TR board! ;)

Looking forward to hearing about the last breakfast at WCC. (Been there, done that...)

Our Mama Melrose experience was definitely a weird one!! We won't be going back there in a hurry. I've heard lots of good things about Brown Derby - maybe we'll have to try that next time.
WCC breakfast review coming right up!! :thumbsup2

Well sadly, the day was finally here. Leaving Disney day. Booooooo! :sad1: :guilty: :sad2:

But, believe it or not, there were a couple of silver linings. The first was that we were both keen to get home and see Annie our cat again!! She was still having antibiotics twice a day and we really just wanted to take her home to our place and give her big cuddles!

The second silver lining was that before we left, we had a breakfast ADR at... Whispering Canyon Cafe!

IMG_9329.jpg

Our flight didn't leave Orlando until 2pm, so we had plenty of time for a nice relaxing breakfast before we left. Yay! And it was easy too - we just had to wander downstairs. :thumbsup2

We checked in and were seated straight away. We'd been here for dinner earlier in our trip remember, but not breakfast. It was much quieter at breakfast! Not as rowdy, but still fun.

Our server came along and introduced himself. I can't remember his name, but he looked just like Robert Downey Jnr! Hello! Trixiequilts, you would have loved him! He was a fun server - he really did seem like a cowboy. He called me "little lady" and winked at me everytime he spoke. Hehee. :lovestruc

Anyhoo, we started with some drinks. We both had smoothies - DH's was the flavour of the day, which I think was mango, and mine was the Mega-Berry smoothie.

IMG_9969.jpg

Yum!! These were great! So refreshing! I wish I had a Mega-Berry Smoothie right now, actually...

After he delivered our drinks, our server asked where we were from and when we told him Australia, he whooped and hollered and told the tables around us, "Y'all! These folks are all the way from Australia! Have you ever seen Australians before!? Have a good look at 'em!!"

Oh my goodness!!!! :lmao: How embarrassing!!! People on the table next to us really did have a good look at us, too!! Funny!

Anyway, we liked our server. He was fun and silly. And handsome. :rolleyes1

So our meals!! I went with the Breakfast Skillet - Scrambled Eggs, Red Bliss Potatoes with Sauteed Onions, Bacon, Sausage, Buttermilk Biscuits, Sausage Gravy, and Waffles...

IMG_9972.jpg

Wow! That's a lot of food. I didn't end up eating half of it, but it was delicious!! I asked for it without gravy too, so that's missing from the plate. I had a little taste of everything, and it was all good. The bacon was great, the eggs were delicious, and who doesn't love Mickey waffles!? I still can't really handle sausages for breakfast, so I didn't have much of them, but I enjoyed it all! Plus, did I mention how massive it was!?

I was almost finished picking away at my plate, when our spunky server wandered over and piled on another huge serving of eggs onto my plate. Waaah! I said, "Wow, thanks but I don't think I can eat the ones I already had!" to which he replied, "Oh, crap!!! I gave them to the wrong table!!" Apparently the table next to us had ordered more eggs, but he gave them to me instead. :lmao:

He told the other people to just steal them from my skillet. I thought he was serious for a second, but no. He was kidding. Phew!! A minute later, he was back with more eggs for them!

DH decided to order the Ham and Cheese Omelet- three egg omelet with ham and cheddar cheese, served with red bliss potatoes with sauteed onions...

IMG_9970.jpg

He really enjoyed this too! He loves his omelets, and he gobbled this right up. :thumbsup2 And he helped me out with my skillet a bit too, stealing some bacon and sausage.

We had a fun time there, and the food was great. It was all very relaxed and easy - perfect for a last day breakfast. We were glad we'd made this ressie - it allowed us to leave with a smile on our faces and full bellies for the plane ride home! :yay:

We gave Whispering Canyon Cafe 4 smiley men out of 5. :) :) :) :)

And that, my DIS friends, was our last meal at Disney!! Waaaaaaaahhhh!!

I'll be back with my very last post - a little summary of my thoughts and favourites and least favourites. :surfweb:

I can't believe its over. I loved reading about your dining experiences, you really put a lot of thought into them!! I can't wait for your next trip!! :wizard:

Our server came along and introduced himself. I can't remember his name, but he looked just like Robert Downey Jnr! Hello! Trixiequilts, you would have loved him! He was a fun server - he really did seem like a cowboy. He called me "little lady" and winked at me everytime he spoke. Hehee. :lovestruc

What? No picture??? Now I have to go there!!! :lmao:

Wow, I just read your entire thread....lot's of great food pictures and reviews!!

Thanks!!

I have enjoyed every last post of your dining reviews!! I'm also really loving your TR. It's been great getting to "know" you and Conan. You guys sure know how to have fun!!! Thanks for sharing, and I'll keep an eye out for your final thoughts!! :flower3:

My ham sandwich was pale in comparison. Boyfriend and I are going in Sept. Your reviews were so helpful in figuring out where to eat! Thank you!! :dance3:

My ham sandwich was pale in comparison while reading this. Boyfriend and I are going in Sept. Your reviews were so helpful in figuring out where to eat! Thank you!! :dance3:

Yikes, I can't believe your experience at Mama Melrose, how horrible. :scared:
But I really favor in room dining, it's just so "at home." ;)

Thanks so much for writin' out this review, not only was it helpful, it was delicious too. :goodvibes

I'm anxious to see your favorites 'n not so favorites, can I guess where Mama Melrose falls? :teeth:

I can't believe its over. I loved reading about your dining experiences, you really put a lot of thought into them!! I can't wait for your next trip!! :wizard:

Thank you! I can't wait for our next trip either, but I've no idea when that might be!! ;)

What? No picture??? Now I have to go there!!! :lmao:

I should have taken a photo for you, sorry!!! You'll totally have to go there next time now. You can tell Mr Trixie you want to go there for the food, not for the RDJ lookalikes!!

Wow, I just read your entire thread....lot's of great food pictures and reviews!!

Thanks!!

Thanks for reading! You did well to read the whole thing in one go! Whew!

My bowl of raisin bran pales in comparison. :lmao:
Have really enjoyed your report! :thumbsup2

Oh dear, raison bran!!! You at least should have had peanut butter on toast. Hehehee. Thanks so much for reading! :thumbsup2

I have enjoyed every last post of your dining reviews!! I'm also really loving your TR. It's been great getting to "know" you and Conan. You guys sure know how to have fun!!! Thanks for sharing, and I'll keep an eye out for your final thoughts!! :flower3:

Aww, thank you Shannon!! What lovely comments! :hug:

The end of a dining era!!! You'll just have to go back to do another :)

A dining era, wow!! You're right - we'll have to go back so we can write another dining report! Would you like to sponsor us with a generous cash donation!? ;)

My ham sandwich was pale in comparison while reading this. Boyfriend and I are going in Sept. Your reviews were so helpful in figuring out where to eat! Thank you!! :dance3:

Wow, I hope you and your BF have a fabulous time in September, and enjoy some great meals! Thanks for reading!!

Yikes, I can't believe your experience at Mama Melrose, how horrible. :scared:
But I really favor in room dining, it's just so "at home." ;)

Thanks so much for writin' out this review, not only was it helpful, it was delicious too. :goodvibes

I'm anxious to see your favorites 'n not so favorites, can I guess where Mama Melrose falls? :teeth:

Mama Melrose was definitely a bummer!! But you're right - in room dining was great instead, and very cosy!! I'm glad you enjoyed my reviews - and thanks for reading!! :yay:

My final thoughts are coming right up! (I just need to go put my thinking cap on...)

And so.... my Final Thoughts!

You can probably all predict my final thoughts anyway, but it's a nice way to wrap things up here on my dining review, so here goes!

My first, overwhelming thought is that Deluxe Dining was way too much food for us. I know I'm mentioned it 652 times before, but we were just full, ALL the time, and that's not a nice feeling. We felt a bit sick and bloated for a lot of our Disney trip. Bleugh!!! Even though the food we ate was good and it was nice to eat at lots of different restaurants... we'll never do the Deluxe Dining plan again.

We never really kept count of our spending, but if we did, I'm guessing we probably would have ended up saving quite a bit. BUT... if we were paying OOP, there's no way we would have eaten an appetizer, entree and dessert three times a day!! We just wouldn't have eaten as much, which would have saved us money. So on one hand, we saved money - on the other hand, we didn't. :confused3

That all being said, we ate some truly delicious meals and really did have lots of fun eating at some great restaurants. So what were our favourites?

Favourite restaurants...

* 'Ohana (Fantastic food, fun atmosphere!)
* Raglan Road (Excellent food in an inviting restaurant.)
* Jiko (Amazing food, enough said!)

DH would also add Yachtsman Steakhouse among his favourites too.

Least favourite restaurants...

* Mama Melrose (you all know why!!)
* Yak & Yeti (Yeuck!)
* If I had to pick one more, it might have to be California Grill! It wasn't terrible, but we just didn't have a pleasant night there. All our other meals were much nicer and more enjoyable than Cali Grill!

So that's about it, everybody!! I really hope you all enjoyed reading about our dining experiences, because I had lots of fun writing about them!! I really did have fun taking photos of all our food while we were in Disney World and reliving our experiences with you all here on the DIS boards. So... thank you!!! :cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2:

When will be heading back to Disney World? Who knows!? No trip set as yet - although next time, I think we'd like to go at Christmas time! DH said the other day - "Okay, Christmas 2012 it is!!" Heh. Is it too early to start my dining plans, do you think!?

If you're interested in hearing more about our trip, feel free to pop over to the Trip Report board and follow along with my current trip report. The link is in my signature - stop by and say hi! :yay:

Thanks again everybody for reading along and joining in on our delicious Disney dining adventures! Byeeeeeee!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter