Our Family's 2nd Trip to Disney World-Pre-Trippie

My Christmas shopping is finally done- and everything is wrapped :woohoo:
go me!!!!!

My dh (Bill), on the other hand, waits till the last minute every year to go shopping for me. He says he has more fun- I don't know how- I always joke around with him over getting picked over stuff LOL :laughing:. Well, my Christmas list is short this year. I really don't need that much- beings that I really want to focus on going back to Disney. We used to go out and spend a bunch of money on eachother before we have Austin, but now we spend it all on him!!!!! So, this is my Christmas list:

1) A stainless steel mixing bowl ( I want to get more into baking homemade cookies)

2) Birmbaums Official guide to Walt Disney World 2010.

3) I made a little Bed Bath and Beyond wishlist for him to pick off of as well.

I know, I know, you are all probably laughing right now, but thats what I want :rotfl2:

So, I've been daydreaming about Disney a lot lately. There are quite a few things we missed when we were there last.

So, I was talking to Bill the other night about what package we are going to take. We decided that the preferred room is not a necessity (if interested, ask me how to get around this without having to walk a mile to your room).
However, the Park Hopper passes are a must!!!!! We like being able to go to a park for morning magic hours, go off to another park mid afternoon, and then being able to go to another park for night magic hours and fireworks.

Another must is the dining plan. I just having the bulk of our meals paid for in advance. And we usually don't have to pay much out of pocket. We will definitely be choosing the QSDP. You can't beat getting 2 full sized meals, 2 snacks, and the refillable mug for the price you pay. We used our snack credits for breakfast because all of the pastries and bagels are so big and filling!!!

We were thinking about doing an out of pocket character breakfast- but since we did a character dinner at the Crystal Palace last time- we weren't really fans of the food. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere is very nice, and the characters come around to the table- but its way overpriced for what it is. Even with breakfast- you can get Mickey Waffles at the hotel, and meet with Pooh in one of the parks- so that idea is probably out, not sure yet :confused3.

So much to think about!!!!!! :cloud9:

I went to the mall yesterday to finish up my christmas shopping and bought Austin the cutest Wall-E hat and gloves set- he loves it!!!!!

Well, I am going to try my best to be on here more often- can't wait to hear from all of you!

Hi Janine! School is out for me, so I was coming on to all of my PTRs to check in and see how things are going.

Your Christmas list does not sound strange. We all want different things. I like to collect my WDW travel books. Even though I know what's in them, I get them every year. I Love BB&B. I could spend all day in there. Bryan and I were talking about what we want for Christmas the other day. Part of my list included curtains and decorations for the top of my kitchen cabinets.

We are talking about what we must have for our trip too. We are debating the park hopper right now. The boys still like to go to the hotel to swim in the afternoon, so we are still up in the air on that one. We always like to do the DDP because we like a sit down meal a day at dinner. Plus, like you, we like to have our meals pre-paid.

Well everyone- two more days till Christmas :cool1:!!!!!!

I am sooo excited!!!! Tonight- probably around 10:30pm I have family from PA coming in and staying. Tomorrow, is Christmas Eve dinner and present with my stepdad's side of the family. My stepdad and uncle (they are twins) are both freemason's and we rent out the Masonic Lodge every Christmas Eve because there are so many of us!!!!! Its usually a good time. We eat dinner, open gifts, and all the kids run around. Christmas day, we will open gifts from Santa (of course) at my house. Then probably around 11am we will head over to my dads for more presents. Then after that- to my grandmothers (my mom's mom) where the rest of my family gathers for Christmas dinner and presents. So, I have very busy days the next few days!!! But, I will try my best to keep everyone updated!!!!!

So, Bill is out Christmas shopping for me- as we speak. Last minute as usual hehehehehee :rotfl2:. Hmmmm..... I wonder if he remembered my new Disney's Official Guide 2010 book?

Hope to have a new and exciting post tomorrow night after our Christmas Eve Party!!! :cool1:

Ok so we all had a great Christmas. I really need to start posting pictures lol. So incase you were all wondering.... here is a list of things Austin got:

A Wall E figurine set from the Disney Store (Pam that same set you used for your cake toppers- so cute!), a few trucks, a crayola tub, a home depot tool set, a Spongebob plush with a dvd, a Lite Brite, disney puzzles, Mickey Mouse Talking Kitchen, Mickey Mouse Matchbox car set, Leapfrog learn and write, Mickeys Adventures in Wonderland DVD, Handy Manny building sets, an Imaginext Ocean boat (so cute), a fisher price teach and learn guitar, Fisher Price Trio blocks (adorable), a Matchbox hauler truck, UP DVD, a Vsmile pocket with Wall E and Cars games, crayola pipsqueaks, and a few other things I am missing, and a ton of clothes. I took pictures of alot of it- I really need to get them on here, so you can finally see what we look like lol :rotfl2:. Oh, and yes, Austin did get the Handy Manny Repair Shop!!!!!!

So, I got two outfits from Bill, along with my Disney Guide and my stainless steel mixing bowl :lovestruc. I also got Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (my mom and stepdad), a digital photo frame, a sweater, two cute picture frames, a Crockpot little dipper (I always wanted one), a Rotisserie from my dad and stepmom, a beautiful Ice blue down alternative damask bedding set (so pretty I will definitely take pics once I get it on my bed), and quite a few gift cards. We had a nice Christmas.

I really want to make some Disney shirts. I requested some disigns and even figured out how to create a few myself. I am just not to keen on my printer now and think I finally need a new one. Any suggestions on a good/ not too expensive printer to get?

Tonight I spent about 2 hours rearranging the toys in Austin's bedroom. I still have all of the new clothes under the tree that I have to put away as well, but other than that I got alot done :laundy:. Hopefully, I'll get to the rest tomorrow :confused3.

So, I sat at my desk and dreamed of Disney half of the day :cloud9:. I sat and wondered.... and wondered..... and wondered.... what would make the perfect Disney Trip? Well, no matter how much you plan, nothing is ever perfect- but it can be close, and it can be as magical as you make it :wizard:.
So, I then asked myself- what would I do differently on my next disney trip and here is what I came up with:

1.) I am skipping the preferred room. We plan on going to Pop Century this time around (we stayed at ASMovies in Aug 08). I will request either the 50's or the 60's building- they have nonpreferred sections that are almost just as close as the preferred. Just a little trick I learned that will save us a few extra bucks :wizard:.

2.) Talked it over with the hubby and the park hopper is a must do. We love the convenience of not being tied down to one park.

3.) Qs Dining plan all the way. We did the regular one back in Aug 08- which we loved- but they didn't have this plan then. With the QS, we can eat when we are hungry instead of being tied down to ADR's. We also don't have to throw a 20% tip down to buffet servers at character meals that just bring you a drink. I am not cheap by any means (even though I probably sound it right know :rotfl2:), but the tipping on these dining plans throws you over the edge- mainly because a regular sit down dinner is probably around 100 bucks or better (you get the most expensive meal on menu because YOU CAN and it is already paid for, plus your drink, plus dessert x 3 people can get pretty pricey) So, for our size family at one sit down meal a day would be well over 100.00 just in tips for the length of our stay. QS dining plan also includes the mugs which are like 13.00 pp x 3 of us= over 40.00 just in mugs ( which I must add are a MUST HAVE).

Which brings me to my next question- must do restaurants this next trip:

MK- El Pirata y El Perico (my Austin is just going to love their tacos)-
although I was on ALLEARS.com last night fishing around the menus and
it said they are open seasonally- so hopefully we are there before they
close for the season :worship:)
Pecos Bill- They seem to have a good selection
Cosmic Rays- I work with a Disney Fanatic like myself who says they
have a wide variety to choose from and great rotisserie chicken. A must
for us.

AK- Pizzafari- this qs restaurant is adorable and LOVE the Pizza
Flame Tree BBQ- have heard good thing about this one as well. A
definite must do.

HS- Toy Storys Pizza Planet- Love this Place, Love the Atmosphere, Love
Toy Story.

Oh I forgot- I really want to go to the Mainstreet Bakery for breakfast one morning (how magical :wizard:) and I really want to try a Citrus Swirl at the MK.

Well, I think I am off to dream sweet Disney Dreams- goodnight everyone!!!

Hey Janine! It sounds like Austin sure did rack up for Christmas! Both boys have nice long lists like that. Plus Sam's birthday is coming up on the 9th. We'll see how that goes. I look forward to seeing the new bedding.

I often sit and wonder what would make our next trip better. Nice thinking about the room situation at Pop. I'ver never stayed there, so I don't know any tricks like that. We are in the middle of the great park hopping debate. We go back and forth a lot. As far as the QSDP is concerned, you may also want to look at the counter service options at the different resorts to branch out from the parks a little bit. Plus, there are plenty of choices at DTD. The biggest value as a QS meal (in my opinion) is Wolfgang Puck Express. We love Sunshine Seasons at Epcot as a QS option.

Hello! Janine
sounds like Austin did really well for Christmas!! :yay: and you too!

we love Cosmic Rays for the food choices...we have always done QS/CS we have only done one ADR way back in '96... we are going to try a few this coming year...but, we too like the idea of eating when we are ready instead of ADR's (so, I think most of our will be breakfast--well three bf and two dinner's is what I'm thinking)...

can't wait for the pictures...your duvet sounds pretty can't wait!!!
:wave2: Connie

Hi There!! I am glad to read that you had a wonderful holiday! :) Austin sure is a lucky little boy. Sounds like you got some great gifts too. :goodvibes

So, I sat at my desk and dreamed of Disney half of the day :cloud9:. I sat and wondered.... and wondered..... and wondered.... what would make the perfect Disney Trip? Well, no matter how much you plan, nothing is ever perfect- but it can be close, and it can be as magical as you make it :wizard:.
So, I then asked myself- what would I do differently on my next disney trip and here is what I came up with:

1.) I am skipping the preferred room. We plan on going to Pop Century this time around (we stayed at ASMovies in Aug 08). I will request either the 50's or the 60's building- they have nonpreferred sections that are almost just as close as the preferred. Just a little trick I learned that will save us a few extra bucks :wizard:.

2.) Talked it over with the hubby and the park hopper is a must do. We love the convenience of not being tied down to one park.

3.) Qs Dining plan all the way. We did the regular one back in Aug 08- which we loved- but they didn't have this plan then. With the QS, we can eat when we are hungry instead of being tied down to ADR's. We also don't have to throw a 20% tip down to buffet servers at character meals that just bring you a drink. I am not cheap by any means (even though I probably sound it right know :rotfl2:), but the tipping on these dining plans throws you over the edge- mainly because a regular sit down dinner is probably around 100 bucks or better (you get the most expensive meal on menu because YOU CAN and it is already paid for, plus your drink, plus dessert x 3 people can get pretty pricey) So, for our size family at one sit down meal a day would be well over 100.00 just in tips for the length of our stay. QS dining plan also includes the mugs which are like 13.00 pp x 3 of us= over 40.00 just in mugs ( which I must add are a MUST HAVE).

Which brings me to my next question- must do restaurants this next trip:

MK- El Pirata y El Perico (my Austin is just going to love their tacos)-
although I was on ALLEARS.com last night fishing around the menus and
it said they are open seasonally- so hopefully we are there before they
close for the season :worship:)
Pecos Bill- They seem to have a good selection
Cosmic Rays- I work with a Disney Fanatic like myself who says they
have a wide variety to choose from and great rotisserie chicken. A must
for us.

AK- Pizzafari- this qs restaurant is adorable and LOVE the Pizza
Flame Tree BBQ- have heard good thing about this one as well. A
definite must do.

HS- Toy Storys Pizza Planet- Love this Place, Love the Atmosphere, Love
Toy Story.

Oh I forgot- I really want to go to the Mainstreet Bakery for breakfast one morning (how magical :wizard:) and I really want to try a Citrus Swirl at the MK.

Well, I think I am of to dream sweet Disney Dreams- goodnight everyone!!!

Great tips about the Pop resort, which buildings to ask for. I will file away this information for another trip. :cloud9: Why pay for preferred when you obviously know how to request a great standard room? We are in a standard room as well but I had to put a special request in to be on the ground floor and near transportation due to health issues in our traveling party. Hopefully that means we will not be stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

QSDP I am really interested in this. We are doing the DDP this time around but I think after this initial trip, I would be content to try the QSDP at this point in our lives. Maybe our next trip....When I was working on our budget, I put in tips for Mousekeeping and for TS tips. It does make it all go up rather quickly!! I figured $20 for each TS we ate at, hopefully that is accurate or even high!!!

I definitely want to hit up Main Street Bakery--I don't think we did our last (and only) trip! :confused3 What were we thinking? The other places look yummy too!

Looking forward to learning and reading more....:surfweb:

Hey Janine! It sounds like Austin sure did rack up for Christmas! Both boys have nice long lists like that. Plus Sam's birthday is coming up on the 9th. We'll see how that goes. I look forward to seeing the new bedding.

I often sit and wonder what would make our next trip better. Nice thinking about the room situation at Pop. I'ver never stayed there, so I don't know any tricks like that. We are in the middle of the great park hopping debate. We go back and forth a lot. As far as the QSDP is concerned, you may also want to look at the counter service options at the different resorts to branch out from the parks a little bit. Plus, there are plenty of choices at DTD. The biggest value as a QS meal (in my opinion) is Wolfgang Puck Express. We love Sunshine Seasons at Epcot as a QS option.

Oh wow thats awesome- I did not know that Wolfgang Puck Express was QS- we just may have to try that. Good luck on Sam's upcoming Bday!!!!

Hello! Janine
sounds like Austin did really well for Christmas!! :yay: and you too!

we love Cosmic Rays for the food choices...we have always done QS/CS we have only done one ADR way back in '96... we are going to try a few this coming year...but, we too like the idea of eating when we are ready instead of ADR's (so, I think most of our will be breakfast--well three bf and two dinner's is what I'm thinking)...

can't wait for the pictures...your duvet sounds pretty can't wait!!!
:wave2: Connie

Cosmic Rays all the way Connie!!! I have heard so many good things about that place that I just had to make a Rotisserie Chicken tonight :laughing:- I'll let you know how that comes out we are using our new rotisserie.

Nothing wrong at all with the regular ddp- most of the food is great, but the QS just seems to suit our style better :rotfl2:.

I can't wait to go out and buy new bedroom curtains so I can get that new bedding set on my bed :cloud9:!!!

Hi There!! I am glad to read that you had a wonderful holiday! :) Austin sure is a lucky little boy. Sounds like you got some great gifts too. :goodvibes

Great tips about the Pop resort, which buildings to ask for. I will file away this information for another trip. :cloud9: Why pay for preferred when you obviously know how to request a great standard room? We are in a standard room as well but I had to put a special request in to be on the ground floor and near transportation due to health issues in our traveling party. Hopefully that means we will not be stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

QSDP I am really interested in this. We are doing the DDP this time around but I think after this initial trip, I would be content to try the QSDP at this point in our lives. Maybe our next trip....When I was working on our budget, I put in tips for Mousekeeping and for TS tips. It does make it all go up rather quickly!! I figured $20 for each TS we ate at, hopefully that is accurate or even high!!!

I definitely want to hit up Main Street Bakery--I don't think we did our last (and only) trip! :confused3 What were we thinking? The other places look yummy too!

Looking forward to learning and reading more....:surfweb:

Hi Charlefours!!!!! I hope you had a great Christmas!!! Where are you guys staying this time around- I must've missed that info somewhere :confused3.

I have heard sooooo many good things about the Main Street Bakery that I am so excited to try it the next trip :banana:

Here is some pretty good news- I would not worry about being put out in the middle of nowhere- the CM's are usually really good about fulfilling requests. On our Aug. 08 trip at ASMo, we paid for preferred and I requested to be in the Dalmation Building with a view. Well, I got the building and we were put in the courtyard view where we could see the big "Perdita" building right acrossed from our room and all of the other pretty scenery. When I went for my girls getaway back in June to Pop Century- I requested the 50's bowling pin area-preferred- room with a view and got the same. The CM's were very nice. And beings that you have someone in your party that has certain needs- your probably twice as more able to get what you requested!!!!

Okay so I am "Post Happy" today :surfweb: you guys are probably sick of hearing from me :lmao:. But I just can't help it!!!

We went out tonight to Toys R Us, Walmart, and the Mall. Austin had a gift card for Toys R US, so he bought some "Just Like Home" playfood to go with his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Talking Kitchen. Let me tell you- the food in this set looks real- especially the Peanut butter and Jelly!!! Him and I cooked food for Bill for about a half and hour!!! He also bought more Fisher Price Trio blocks- they were buy 2 get 1 free so we got three little sets. For those of you with kids- boys and girls (because they come in pink too), these are the neatest blocks. Then we went to take something back to Walmart, and decided we wanted to fish around for that new printer I was telling you guys about. We could not find the one we wanted so we are going to site to store one. After that, we went over to the mall (which is just right acrossed the street) and you know we went to the Disney Store :cloud9:!!!!!!

So, here is the excitement for the night. Bill and I have an American Express gift card for the mall for $200.00. I noticed in the Disney store that they have "Play,Shop, and Dine" gift cards for WDW, so I asked the lady if I could use my gift card for that gift card and she said there shouldn't be a problem!!!!! I read on the Disney site as well that you will soon be able to make payments to your trip using giftcards as well. So I am totally crossing my fingers on this one!!!!!!!!!!! If I can get 200.00 knocked off of my trip that will just be beyond great :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::

If not, I am going to get the card anyway for the 200.00 and possibly not take the dining plan and just use that for our food- or souvenirs.

Does this idea sound good, and has anyone ever done this?

Also, more exciting news. I heard a while back about Baby Einstein recalling there Dvds from 2004-now. So I went on the site and it was totally true!!!!!
You can return up to 4 DVDs, and choose from the following:

1)a Baby Einstein cd or book of your choice (blah)
or
2) 25% off Little Einstein stuff at the Disney Store (blah)
or
3) a full refund of $15.99 each :banana::banana::banana::banana:

and guess what- I have three of them suckers :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So, thats an extra almost 50 bucks that I will get back!!!! And who in there right mind would choose a book over a refund? (I'm sorry for saying that if any of you's actually did :scared1:)

So any of you ladies are harboring any Baby Einstein movies- you have till March to get your refund- take advantage while you still can!!!!!

Ok, well enough for tonight!!!!!

Sweet Disney dreams of Cinderella Castles, Citrus Swirls, El Pirata y El Perico Tacos, and Disney Magic to all :wizard:!!!!!

Ok so I had a pretty crummy night. My normal job is in the accounting dept. at a local casino- but, for the past two years on NYE, I have worked a NYE banquet in our main showroom for extra $$$$$$. It pays really well. Besides my regular pay for the week next week, I will have an extra $125.00 tacked on to next weeks paycheck for the whole 2 hours that I worked it. So, once a year, I have to put on a tux, and we are assigned certain reserved tables, and I have to make sure that the people on my list are the correct people sitting there. Well, I had this one couple that walked in that were not on my list but someone gave them tickets that was my table # :scared1:. This man was sooooooooooooo mean to me :headache: that I just wanted to literally knock him out :mad::mad::mad::mad: But I didn't :littleangel:, and the twit sat there anyway. Luckily my other people didn't show up. But, I am home now :cloud9: just waiting for the ball to drop for it to be 2010 because I am sooooooo ready for 2009 to be over :banana::banana::banana::banana:. I have to go in for a few hours early tomorrow morning to start our month/year end close. Hopefully I will be home before 11 am- I will be back to post more disney stuff!!!! Goodnight everyone- and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

Ok so I had a pretty crummy night. My normal job is in the accounting dept. at a local casino- but, for the past two years on NYE, I have worked a NYE banquet in our main showroom for extra $$$$$$. It pays really well. Besides my regular pay for the week next week, I will have an extra $125.00 tacked on to next weeks paycheck for the whole 2 hours that I worked it. So, once a year, I have to put on a tux, and we are assigned certain reserved tables, and I have to make sure that the people on my list are the correct people sitting there. Well, I had this one couple that walked in that were not on my list but someone gave them tickets that was my table # :scared1:. This man was sooooooooooooo mean to me :headache: that I just wanted to literally knock him out :mad::mad::mad::mad: But I didn't :littleangel:, and the twit sat there anyway. Luckily my other people didn't show up. But, I am home now :cloud9: just waiting for the ball to drop for it to be 2010 because I am sooooooo ready for 2009 to be over :banana::banana::banana::banana:. I have to go in for a few hours early tomorrow morning to start our month/year end close. Hopefully I will be home before 11 am- I will be back to post more disney stuff!!!! Goodnight everyone- and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

oh Janine, I am soooo sorry about your horrible evening. Sometimes it's so hard to deal with people we have to be nice to for our jobs. I know.....I'm a child support agent, so that means I basically collect child support from those who don't want to pay it. I can revoke driver's and professional licenses, attach wages and garnish bank accounts. This week was horrible! I had 2 men cus me out. :furious: I'm just doing my job and if they would have just paid their child support debt, I wouldn't have proceeded with enforcement options! :confused: Ok, that's my rant for the evening!!! Just think, 2010 is going to be awesome because we are going to Disney!!!:dance3:

Janine - just wanted to let you know that the food court at POP is amazing. We stayed there last Sept (and hope to do so again this year) and ate most of our CS meals there. I can say the pizza, salmon, chicken and nachos are all excellent. You can also choose the ice cream as dessert, have your receipt stamped and come back up to 90 minutes later to redeem. It was 3 LARGE scoops with toppings. Each evening 3 of us (2 adults and a 9 yr old) would split a meal - this worked great for us.

Maybe we'll even be there at the same time - fingers crossed!

oh Janine, I am soooo sorry about your horrible evening. Sometimes it's so hard to deal with people we have to be nice to for our jobs. I know.....I'm a child support agent, so that means I basically collect child support from those who don't want to pay it. I can revoke driver's and professional licenses, attach wages and garnish bank accounts. This week was horrible! I had 2 men cus me out. :furious: I'm just doing my job and if they would have just paid their child support debt, I wouldn't have proceeded with enforcement options! :confused: Ok, that's my rant for the evening!!! Just think, 2010 is going to be awesome because we are going to Disney!!!:dance3:

I am sooo sorry to hear about that!!! You see, I don't deal with customers on a regular basis. I work in accounting so I am basically on spreadsheets the whole day- so the only time I have to talk on the phone is if one of our vendor calls, and if they want our business, they won't be nasty (I've had a few though). It's just best sometimes to just do your 8 hours and leave, and most importantly, don't take your work mood home with you :scared1:!!!!
I am really looking for a great 2010!!!!!!

Janine - just wanted to let you know that the food court at POP is amazing. We stayed there last Sept (and hope to do so again this year) and ate most of our CS meals there. I can say the pizza, salmon, chicken and nachos are all excellent. You can also choose the ice cream as dessert, have your receipt stamped and come back up to 90 minutes later to redeem. It was 3 LARGE scoops with toppings. Each evening 3 of us (2 adults and a 9 yr old) would split a meal - this worked great for us.

Maybe we'll even be there at the same time - fingers crossed!

Welcome to my Pre-Trippie!!!!!

I stayed at Pop back in June on a quick girls getaway weekend, and I can agree they do have some delicious choices!!!!! It is really great that the portions of EVERYTHING are sooooo big!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter