Our first Disney Trip- May 2015 !!! (Princess-Palooza !)

DisneyBeef

Earning My Ears
Hi all....
New to the forums. Wanted to get some feedback/ideas/tips for our trip. If I'm in the wrong spot, please let me know.

Myself, DW, and DD (3 going on 4) will be hitting the scene in the middle of May 2015 (week of May 11). We are driving up from the Tampa/St. Pete area and staying onsite for 5 days.

1. We have nailed down our desire to stay at POR (Royal Room is a must for our young princess). I have researched and found that buildings 90 and 95 meet our needs best. Can we request particular rooms when we book ? Also, am I correct in seeing that a 200 dollar deposit is required at booking ? We will be making reservations in the next week or so.

2. This trip is PRINCESS-PALOOZA. Our DD LOVES Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, Anna and Elsa, and Rapunzel. We have identified the Bippity Boppity Boutique as one stop for sure. We would like to do one character breakfast or lunch also. The feedback I have gotten is that the Akershus Princess meal is the best choice. Are there any other recommendations ? We're not concerned so much with seeing Mickey, Minnie or any other characters at these meet-and-greets...only PRINCESSES !

We can't wait. Any helpful hints or tips anyone can provide to make this the most "royal princess getaway" ever would be most appreciated. Thank you all in advance !!

You will love the royal rooms! We stayed in them in November and loved them. POR is a wonderful resort, IMO. The deposit is $200 when booking a vacation package; however, I believe that if you are booking a room only, you may only have to pay a $100. You can make a building request but there is no guarantee that your request will be honored - doesn't hurt to ask!
My girls love BBB and I enjoy watching the 'fairy godmother' transform my daughters into a princess. Akershurs is a great, your daughter will love it. You may also want to consider dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) since Cinderella and Prince Charming are there and it is just a quick ride on the monorail from Magic Kingdom. Have a wonderful vacation!

:welcome: DisneyBeef to the DIS

You will find a wealth of information on these boards. I've post a link to the POD Riverside thread, it's very helpful.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

We have also stayed at POR Royal Rooms and loved them. They are in a great location. Happy planning May is a beautiful month to go.

Thanks so much for the feedback so far. Our room is booked at POR- Royal Room with a request for Oak Manor. Keeping our fingers crossed- but we will be happy either way. We have our 180+10 target date to make reservations. Definitely booking a breakfast at Akershus for one morning; thinking about setting up a breakfast at O'Hana as well one morning.
We will be getting passes as the date gets closer. I have heard to get the passes about 2 months before we go so we can set up our FP at 60 days out. Any suggestions for what to do FP for ? Must sees for us at MK include Princess Castle Meet n Greets with Anna, Elsa, Cinderella and Rapunzel, Enchanted Tales w/ Belle, Splash Mountain and Its A Small World. At Epcot- Soarin' and Spaceship Earth. At HS- Beauty and The Beast Stage Show, Frozen Sing-Along, Toy Story Midway Mania. I do not think we will be hitting AK this trip- we will save it for another time. I also think we are going to avoid HS on Saturday/Sunday since it is Star Wars Weekends when we go and our DD is more of a princess and less of a young jedi at this point :)
We can't wait to do as much as possible in the day time, followed by nap/pool time in the afternoon. Then we would like to return to the parks at night for the MSEP and/or fireworks to cap it off.
It's only my second trip to WDW with my DW (last time we went it was to the FWF and she was pregnant so she didn't enjoy any of the "wild grape"). Any other suggestions on what to do and where to go to make our princess happy ? Ill check back in when we have more information !!

My Fiance and I will be there the same week staying at the French quarter! We ordered our park tickets on 2/7 from undercovertourist and they are still in processing. I wanted to make sure that we had them in plenty of time to get them linked to MDE so there was no pushing it when it came to the 60 day out mark. Not sure if your daughter likes Tinker Bell, but in Epcot they have Tinker Bell's Butterfly House, that is an enclosed area full of butterflies, flowers and Tinker Bell topiaries. And don't forget to get your daughter the 1st Visit pin when you check in or at Guest relations! Also when I called in to add notes to our reservations at French Quarter, they said it's a good idea to fax in the same requests a few days before check-in. And one more thing, there are In-Room Celebrations packages that are Princess themed that you might look into, they look really fun, a bit pricey, but pretty neat!! Hope this helps a little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter