"Our First Member Event is Coming to California"

disneydenisel

DIS Veteran
Wow! I just got this postcard in the mail today. Whoo hoo, will they be showcasing the new CA DVC villas? Did anyone else get this postcard?

"Save the Dates
May 24-26, 2008
Disneyland Resort

Don't Miss Our Member Reception at the first ever Getaway Days Travel Expo
Save the Dates
May 24-26, 2008
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Disneyland Resort

Disney Vacation Club
Member Reception"

There is a bit more text, it says more info to follow in the mail.

Figures that it is Memorial Day weekend! Like I want to be driving down I-5 to Anaheim that weekend. Oh well, is anyone going to go:) ?

Got the same yesterday...

Don't think I'll make it down, since we'll be in Disneyland next weekend. They'd have to have GVC available to purchase for general DVC membership (and some kind of incentive would be great also ;) to make it worth the trip.

But I'm not getting my hopes up for that...

I haven't gotten my postcard yet. :confused: But when I do, I will make a point to be there!

Do you think it is only for those of us who bought at DLR?

Nope, we didn't buy at DLR either. Eager to get more info on what the event is all about.

Shoot..I leave DLR on the 17th.

We have had DVC Member Receptions held here in Chicago, downtown and also most recently at the new Doorway To Dreams in Woodfield Mall.

Typically they are fun filled events with food, giveaways, goodie bags and some purchase incentives or possibly announcements. If I was close by I sure would try to make it there! It does help give me a Disney fix too, lol.

I didn't buy in CA but I got my postcard today. I definitely plan to be there!

I got mine today too! Looking forward to hearing reports back from members who are close enough to go.

Amy

Received mine today as well, I will be on the phone tomorrow to book a night's stay at either PP or DH for that Sunday. The fact that DH and I will still have a few days left on our AP (that we got from purchasing DVC at DLR last April), makes it all that much better :goodvibes .

Received mine as well, since its for the first ever, it means its never happend! Google (my happy word), a first for us in CA for something DVC. It also says for a Getaway Days Travel Expo. Awesome, really. The Grand maybe sold, can't wait to hear more. We will be attending, it's only 1 hour away from us. JW

We got our post card today too. We were at the parks last weekend, and a DVC cm mentioned we would be getting the post card. He said to go if possible, the event should not be missed.

We received our postcard yesterday too, but when we were at DLR yesterday, I stopped and asked a DVC salesperson about the opening of the GCV model and she said she had not heard it would be available any time soon. She did say the resort was on a faster track to completion than they had originally thought. They were told it would open in 2009 rather than late '09-'10. :dance3:

We received ours yesterday...I wish I could figure out a way to go.

Didnt get the postcard but I've officially marked my calendar! I'll be heading down there for sure!!!!! :)

We got ours yesterday also. We're definitely going. I wasn't sure if they would be offering some kind of discount on the hotel or not so I was trying to wait for the additional info in the mail.

For people who have been to one in the past....Do they usually offer hotel discounts?

Thanks for posting this! I phoned Saturday morning and snagged 3 nights, Fri-Mon, at the Grand Californian using left-over points! :) Whoo-hoo!

Wow! I just got this postcard in the mail today. Whoo hoo, will they be showcasing the new CA DVC villas? Did anyone else get this postcard?

"Save the Dates
May 24-26, 2008
Disneyland Resort

Don't Miss Our Member Reception at the first ever Getaway Days Travel Expo
Save the Dates
May 24-26, 2008
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Disneyland Resort

Disney Vacation Club
Member Reception"

There is a bit more text, it says more info to follow in the mail.

Figures that it is Memorial Day weekend! Like I want to be driving down I-5 to Anaheim that weekend. Oh well, is anyone going to go:) ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter