Our "first" not-so-grown-up trip together... a September PTR >> Updated 3/23!

Wow, Heather! I was just thinking about it and thinking - how can they make their ADRs in 48 hours? They can't be at 6 months. Our 180 isn't until March 19th. Then I did the math and figured out that it's true! I can't believe that March 19 is just next week. I have let time get away from me. I was thinking it was SO far off! I am excited to hear your confirmed ressies. Now I'm feeling like I need to go back and re-think my own! Only 8 days!

Wow, Heather! I was just thinking about it and thinking - how can they make their ADRs in 48 hours? They can't be at 6 months. Our 180 isn't until March 19th. Then I did the math and figured out that it's true! I can't believe that March 19 is just next week. I have let time get away from me. I was thinking it was SO far off! I am excited to hear your confirmed ressies. Now I'm feeling like I need to go back and re-think my own! Only 8 days!

Seriously! It feels like yesterday that booking ADRs felt SO far away, and now we're at less than 48 hours. Crazy.

I think we've decided on Boma instead of WPC, I get more and more excited the more reviews I read on it. I'm not the most adventurous eater in the world, but I like cinnamon, and it looks like there's something for everybody.

Zebra domes look yummy too, what exactly is in them?! :confused:

Zebra domes are THE BEST! You will love them. I will try to find the recipe. From the AKL thread: "they are yellow cake topped with amarula liquor and chocolate mousse with chocolate drizzle"

I know you can get them in non-alcoholic as well. Amarula is apparently a South African liqueur. I never gave much thought to what was in them. I just thoroughly enjoyed eating them!

You don't really have to be as adventurous as you think to eat at Boma. Everything is clearly labeled, and there is plenty of normal food - something for everyone. And since it's a buffet, you can try it and just get something else if you don't like it. And you can load up on 2nds, or 3rds, or 4ths. Boma simply rocks! Go with an empty stomach though.

Tip: Get there a little early and go to the lounge that overlooks Boma and get a cocktail (or mocktail) with a glow cube in it. Sip, and enjoy the scenery.

Zebra domes are THE BEST! You will love them. I will try to find the recipe. From the AKL thread: "they are yellow cake topped with amarula liquor and chocolate mousse with chocolate drizzle"

I know you can get them in non-alcoholic as well. Amarula is apparently a South African liqueur. I never gave much thought to what was in them. I just thoroughly enjoyed eating them!

Sounds delicious! I'm usually a chocolate purist and don't like much mixed with it, but I'll definitely have to give these a try, we'll see if the liquor is too much flavour for me :laughing:

Less than 24 hours! I want to try Boma this trip as well. It seems that everyone loves the food. I've been to WG express; it was good. I've only done Ohana's for breakfast, and it was delish. Can't wait to hear what you think of dinner. I still have 5 1/2 weeks until I can make my ADR. I've never done the online thing, so I'd love to hear a full report of how it works. Your plans sound great. Good Luck tomorrow.popcorn::

Less than 24 hours! I want to try Boma this trip as well. It seems that everyone loves the food. I've been to WG express; it was good. I've only done Ohana's for breakfast, and it was delish. Can't wait to hear what you think of dinner. I still have 5 1/2 weeks until I can make my ADR. I've never done the online thing, so I'd love to hear a full report of how it works. Your plans sound great. Good Luck tomorrow.popcorn::

Thanks for your support! I'm definitely excited to try both Ohana and Boma on this trip. We've decided to get an ADR for The Plaza too (and pay OOP) as I couldn't keep myself away from the amazing reviews. I just figured out approximately how much we'd be spending in tips and out of pocket expenses and we should be able to swing it!

So now I wait the 12 hours left to make my six reservations! :scared1: I'll let you know how my experience is with the online system most definitely.

But if there's free dining, you get a bonus! Less money has to be spent! Crossing my fingers.

But if there's free dining, you get a bonus! Less money has to be spent! Crossing my fingers.

That's what we're hoping for! I've already budgeted to upgrade from the QSDP to the regular DDP if that's the case at the values, but would prefer not to have to pay for the whole thing. We'll have to reevaluate our plans if that's the case!

Unrelated -- Can somebody tell me how to change the subject title of my PTR when I make an update? I can't find the answer anywhere! Thanks!

I think you go back and edit your very first post, go to "advanced" mode, then change the title. Try it and let me know. Enjoying your PTR!

Hiya!

Well, we're at 11 hours until we can make the ADRs for our trip and I think I've come to decisions that I'm happy with. At 6am tomorrow, these are the reservations we're going to be trying to get:

1) Ohana, Thursday September 9th @ 8pm (for Wishes)
2) The Plaza, Friday September 10th @ 11:30am
3) Whispering Canyon Cafe, Friday September 10th @ 5:30pm
4) Boma, Saturday September 11th @ 6:30pm
5) Chefs de France (lunch), Monday September 13th @ noon
6) Teppan Edo, Monday September 13th @ 5:00pm

Fingers are crossed! DBF and I are off to a concert tonight that I bought him tickets for for Christmas. Can't wait!

I can't wait to hear how your ADRs went! And how was the concert?

I can't believe we're at 180 days already!

I woke up this morning at 5:50 to make my ADRs at 6 - no issues whatsoever in logging in, signing into my account, all that fun stuff.

We got all the restaurants we wanted within half an hour of the time I put in. I ended up making ADRs at The Plaza and Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre since I haven't decided what we want to do for those lunches - we may end up canceling the ADRs in favour of CS meals, or use those CS meals for breakfasts ... we'll see!

Here's what we ended up getting:

'Ohana >> Thursday at 8:05 (should be a perfect time for Wishes at 9!)
The Plaza >> Friday at 11:00am - OOP, may cancel
Whispering Canyon Cafe >> Friday at 5:00
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre >> Saturday at 11:30am - OOP, may cancel
Boma >> Saturday at 6:45pm
Chefs de France >> Monday at noon
Teppan Edo >> Monday at 5:00pm

I couldn't be happier! WCC ended up being a bit earlier than planned but that actually works quite nicely to divide up our day between Magic Kingdom and then going to Epcot for evening EMH after.

The concert was great last night - we saw Our Lady Peace perform at a smaller venue in Toronto (I've only seen them in a stadium before) and it was fantastic. A great start to what should be a great weekend!

Woo hoo! Great that you got all your ADRs! Plus a few! :dance3:

I wonder if the system will let you make multiple reservations at the same time. For example, could you make lunch reservations at both MK and Epcot and then cancel whichever one you don't use, depending on where you are and how you're feeling that day?

I LOVE the radio releases I have heard from Our Lady Peace. I bet that was a great concert!

Woo hoo! Great that you got all your ADRs! Plus a few! :dance3:

I wonder if the system will let you make multiple reservations at the same time. For example, could you make lunch reservations at both MK and Epcot and then cancel whichever one you don't use, depending on where you are and how you're feeling that day?

If you have two reservations within a certain time of each other it "yells" at you and tells you to cancel one, stops people from going crazy on ressies!

I can't believe we're at 180 days already!

I woke up this morning at 5:50 to make my ADRs at 6 - no issues whatsoever in logging in, signing into my account, all that fun stuff.

We got all the restaurants we wanted within half an hour of the time I put in. I ended up making ADRs at The Plaza and Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre since I haven't decided what we want to do for those lunches - we may end up canceling the ADRs in favour of CS meals, or use those CS meals for breakfasts ... we'll see!

Here's what we ended up getting:

'Ohana >> Thursday at 8:05 (should be a perfect time for Wishes at 9!)
The Plaza >> Friday at 11:00am - OOP, may cancel
Whispering Canyon Cafe >> Friday at 5:00
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre >> Saturday at 11:30am - OOP, may cancel
Boma >> Saturday at 6:45pm
Chefs de France >> Monday at noon
Teppan Edo >> Monday at 5:00pm

I couldn't be happier! WCC ended up being a bit earlier than planned but that actually works quite nicely to divide up our day between Magic Kingdom and then going to Epcot for evening EMH after.

The concert was great last night - we saw Our Lady Peace perform at a smaller venue in Toronto (I've only seen them in a stadium before) and it was fantastic. A great start to what should be a great weekend!

Congrats on getting your ADR's! By far my fav's on your list is the Sci-Fi Dine-in: such a good experience. We are trying out for the first time Boma and O'hana's on our upcoming trip....

I heard chef de france was amazing.

Everything looks good... popcorn::

Congrats on the ADRs!

Congrats on getting your ADR's! By far my fav's on your list is the Sci-Fi Dine-in: such a good experience. We are trying out for the first time Boma and O'hana's on our upcoming trip....

I heard chef de france was amazing.

Everything looks good... popcorn::

Thanks for the congrats! We're really excited about all the meals...now to wait for dining to be announced *fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter