Our first trip - itinerary - packing

Familymoon

Mouseketeer
Well, I'm getting down to the wire!

I need some veteran's views of our touring plan - and any input/advice would be appreciated. I'm pregnant, and we have a 2 year old, so we'd like it to be awesome - but relaxing, yk? We don't care about the big rides - or accomplishing so much each day - it will be fun just being there! :D We want it to be a vacation as well as a Disney Trip! Is there any attraction a little girl might be interested in seeing (not scary at all!) that we are missing? Should I add a PS at 1900 Park Fare with Cindy for dinner? We cancelled it at one point b/c we wanted to go to the CRT *in* the park for MVMCP that night.

Day 1
(4 year old's birthday)
Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
Share a dream come true parade
Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (hoping to spot Cindy at some point!)
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Day 2
Animal Kingdom
Pocahontas - Tarzan - Lion King (Is that gone now?)
Tree of life
Magic Kingdom - day II
More touring, rides, character seeking :)
Only night for Spectro Magic while we are there!

Day 3
MGM
Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Muppets 3D
Disney Stars Motorcade
Playhouse Disney live on stage
PS at Mama Melrose's/Fantasmic Package

Day 4
OFF - spend day swimming in heated resort pool (weather permitting), shopping, drive to beach to see ocean for first time?!

Day 5
Off again

Day 6
Epcot
PS for Princess Breakfast at Norway
Lunch at Mitsukoshi Tempura Kiku
PS Biergarten
CP with Beauty & the Beast narrator guy (aka Cogsworth) :)
IllumiNations

Day 7
check out
kill a few hours in orlando - Premier Outlet Mall (Burberry store!)

Thanks for any input!

Wow, you have quite a schedule!

Honestly though your first day exhausted me. Staying in one park from a character breakfast all the way through to dinner and MVMCP without a break is a looooooong day especially since you are also pregnant and have a two year old too. Just a word of warning WDW can be extreme sensory overload for little ones and without a break they may fall to pieces and so may you. Now maybe you will all be running on an adreniline (sp?) rush and just sail right through the day, but I know my family would hit the tantrum zone just as MVMCP was to begin. Are you staying on-site or somewhere close that you can take a mid-day break? We do this everyday and it keeps us all sane and happy! If not make sure you include some long down time in the park with shade.

Also don't be afraid to change things up a bit when you get down there to see how the family is doing. I overscheduled our first trip as a family and ended up canceling quite a few ps's and watering down my agenda, but it all worked out for the best as that way we did have a nice relaxing vacation filled with lots of fun. Please don't think I'm the fun police! We always have a great time, but with little ones WDW can sometimes be a bit too much without breaks and down time!

Hope you have a great trip!

I too wonder if that first day is going to be too much?

When I see breakfast and dinner PS, as well as MVMCP without a break... I'm thinking at 4 (and just turning it), and a 2 yo and a pregnant mom, may be just too long of a day, with a lot of "excitement".

You know your children best, but since you are going back to MK the next day, I would highly suggest a mid-afternoon break (especially if you are a resort guest!) or breaking up the two PS's for the two days (eating at CP on the second day instead of the first - unless those characters would be more important for the birthday child?).

For EPCOT, I would drop one of the meals, unless you are eating a really early breakfast with the princesses (which is a definite keeper!) or a late dinner at Biergarten? That is a lot of eating to me - we very seldom want 3 meals a day, and when we have a big breakfast, we generally have a light snack midday and maybe then a nice sit-down meal for dinner.

JMHO -

Looks great! Just try to sneak a late nap on the first day so all will be ready to go for the party. I have a similar day planned on Dec. 19th and I have a 31/2DD and almost 2DS. We just plan on taking a rest from 2:00 to 5:00 before hitting our 5:30PS at CP before MVMCP.

Have a great time!! What a wonderful present for your to be 4 year old.:Pinkbounc ::bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'll echo the others who have recommended an afternoon break, especially the first day. I also think you may want to cut out some of the meals. Doing sit down meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a lot for adults, much less young children.

At MK I'd recommend many of the rides in Fantasy Land as well as Buzz Lightyear. At AK do the safari (but do it first thing in the am when the animals are out). They may also like the bird show and "It's Tough to be a Bug". At Epcot, do "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", the Land, Figment, Cranium Command, and the ride at Mexico.

Actually, I'd suggest showing your 4 yo some pictures and descriptions of some of the rides (either from a Disney video for kidsor a web site) and let him/her decide what s/he is interested in doing. This way you can make sure you go on those rides.

Also, just remember you won't be able to see everything you want to and use FP.

Have fun.

You may want to reconsider the suggestion for the AK safari since you are pregnant. Some say it's OK others say no. When we go next week, my DH will take our daughter on the safari and I'll just pass this time-- just to be safe.

Yes, I read a similar recommendation - and with a toddler and a pregnant woman on board, I think we'll skip it until our next trip.

Thanks for the input - the toddler will nap in her stroller (we're specifically bringing hers from home so she'll be extra-comfy) and the 4 year old will be VERY upset if we were to leave for a nap...but maybe we'll try to sneak in a nice long drive. ;)

I think the kids will be so absolutely pumped up that they won't be able to lay down - they don't nap at home 98% of the time (the baby does, but I'm not too concerned about her - with the stroller) and they are all night-owls.

I think the only day we have three meals planned is our last day at Epcot - and I'd much rather sit down and have a meal than continue walking around all that time. It's my way of getting my feet "up" for a while and taking it slow. The girls are used to restaurants as well, and tend to really enjoy the dining experience. :)

But, I appreciate the input from the veterans and will consider the rides you mentioned above.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter