Our First Trip with the Boys

Carterfam

Mouseketeer
I can officially say that we are headed back to the most Magical Place in the world, and my favorite place in the world Walt Disney World. DH and I have not been since December 2008, so we are long overdue for a trip, but the delay comes with reason. In 2009, we were blessed with indentical twin boys Ryder and Kyran, and felt they were still too young to venture to Mickey house, but we have decided 8 months old will be the perfect age, too go.

My ultimate goal is to give you a live trip report while we are down there, since DH will have his laptop hooked up for work purposes, and I thought it would be a good way to journal the boys first vacation, so when I get home all I have to do is add the pictures we took. Last but not least, I have never done one before, and I think it will be fun, considering we will have to be back early to room, due to the boys sleep schedule.

While tonight I will just give you the basics:

Dates: March 4, 2010 - March 11, 2010. A total of 8 days.
March 6, 2010 - Princess Half Marathon - Stroller Division 5K
March 10, 2010 - We are seeing a Spring Training Game against the New York Mets.
The rest of the days we will tour the 4 theme parks.

Hotel: Boardwalk Inn and Villas

Here is our family:

I, Ayden (22)
Mommy.jpg

DH, Aaron (24)
Daddy.jpg

DS, Ryder (7 mths)
Ryder.jpg

DS, Kyran (7 mths)
Kyran.jpg

First!!! :cool1:

Your boys are super cutie pies!!!

I took a 12 mth old last year. It was great!! 8 mths should be old enough to do more than just lay there. They'll find plenty of things to interest them and be magical but young enough to not want out of the stroller all the time! (Like my now nearly 2 yr old does :rolleyes: )

Sounds like a wonderful, memory making trip you have planned!

Can't wait to see the rest of your plans !
:goodvibes

First!!! :cool1:

Your boys are super cutie pies!!!

I took a 12 mth old last year. It was great!! 8 mths should be old enough to do more than just lay there. They'll find plenty of things to interest them and be magical but young enough to not want out of the stroller all the time! (Like my now nearly 2 yr old does :rolleyes: )

Sounds like a wonderful, memory making trip you have planned!

Can't wait to see the rest of your plans !
:goodvibes

:thanks:

I am hoping so, DH and I have debated about what a good age is to take them, and then found out they only good time he could really take off was the beginning of March, so 8 months old won out. They are very intrigued by moving lights, different sounds and fish right now, so that is kind of what we are making our travel plans arounds, with a few adult rides just for us.

We are renting a stroller, from the Orlando Stroller Company. I have heard mixed reviews, so I am hoping it will not be an issue. They love their stroller at home, but with car seats, and everything else we have to bring, we thought it would be a better option. I guess, we will have to wait and see.

DH and I number one goal is to try and stay at every resort in Disney World during our life-time. We have done a quite a few already, I am proud to say, and our really looking forward to the next one BOARWALK INN.

We are renting a car on this trip, but the biggest reason we chose it was of convience, it is centrally located to almost everything, we can walk to EPCOT.

The view is amazing, and since we will be spending more time in the hotel, then in the past. Thanks to two bundles of joy. It gives us options to relax on the balcony, and catch Illumnations, that otherwise we would miss, because of the boys bedtime routine.

It also looks like such a FUN resort, who would not want to be part of an old-fashioned carnival on the boardwalk, which offers more entertainment and shopping experiences then any other resort in the world.

Are only major concern is noise level, due to all the FUN that goes on a this resort. The boys are going through a weird phase, where they will still fall asleep anywhere, as long as they are aware of their surroundings, but transitioning / loud noises while sleeping end up in hestrics, so with all the commotion going on the boardwalk I hope it does not disrupte their important sleep patterns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter