Our food experiences 12/11-12/15

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
We just got back from a wonderful short (too short) vacation!

We tried some new places to eat & returned to a few places.

Here our are reviews:

12/11--arrival day Beaches N' Cream this was our first time eating there. We had to only wait about 5 minutes before being seated. DH & I both ordered the veggie burger, me with onion rings & him with fries. DS (4) had the grilled cheese with french fries. The food was OK, the sevice was average, not bad not above average...just average.
We did order some ice cream...I ordered the No Way Jose..It was SOOOO YUMMY!!!!::yes:: Way too much ice cream though, I tried to finish it all but just couldn't. DH ordered the banana split, he said it was one of the best banana splits he ever had. DS just shared with both of us.
I would return back to Beaches & Cream, especially for the ice cream!!!

12/12....Cinderella Royal Breakfast We had a 8:10 PS, got seated right away. I really enjoyed the 8:10 PS. We got some nice picture of no one but my son on Main Street!!!
I was a little nervous about this breakfast because of the reviews I read, but we really loved the food!!! All of us ate ourselves silly! We were a little disappointed in the characters, we really didn't have any 'princesses'. We had Alice & the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Wendy (from Peter Pan) and Belle. They were fairly quick with the exception of Belle. She did talk to my son for a bit, but every one else flew by pretty fast.
We saw Cinderella & the Fairy Godmother in the lobby. They spent a little more time with my son, but there really wasn't anyone else in the lobby when we went.
Although we did enjoy the food I don't know if we would return again. Oh I have to add our server was EXCELLENT!!!
Food....B+ Character interaction...... C

Supper that evening was Crystal Palace We had a PS at 5:15. I don't think we will be returning to Crystal Palace for supper again. There really wasn't much for us to eat there. We don't eat meat so it was kind of hard to find some stuff. Character interaction was pretty good, although because the place is so big we finished eating & was still waiting for Tigger to visit us!
Eeyore & Tigger spent the most time with us. Pooh & Piglet basically posed with a picture & signed an autograph & walked away.
Food....C- Character interaction.....B

12/13 Kona Cafe We decided to try Kona Cafe that morning since we were staying at the Poly. We went down there at 7:30 & got seated right away. DH ordered the Big Kuhna. I ordered the French Toast with potatoes instead of meat. DS had the Mickey shaped pancake. We all loved it, we had a very nice breakfast. Our server gave us A+ service. I can't believe I forgot his name but he was a sweetie & very polite!! We would return to Kona's for breakfast!
Food A+

Garden Grill We had a 5:30 PS for the Candle Processional package. ALthough the food was just average the character interaction more then made up for it. Chip sat down & colored with my son. Dale came up a few times & even one time played arm wrestling with DH (btw--DH let Dale win! LOL) We also saw Pluto & Mickey. We were not overly impressed with the food. It was just average in our opinion.
Food....C Character interaction A+

12/14 Donald's Breakfastosaurus We had a 8:00 PS. we were the very first family to be called & seated. We really loved this place!! We think the buffet had a wonderful selection. The food was very delicious!!! The characters were wonderful. We first saw Goofy & Donald. Goofy really played around at our table a lot. Donald spent a little time with us too. Next we saw Pluto & Mickey. They were not rushed. I know this place has both good & bad reviews. Last time we had a 8:00 PS also & enjoyed it alot. We plan on hitting this breakfast again in June & will try for an 8:00 PS!
Food....A+ Character interaction A+

Those are really it for our sit downs. We also ate a few times at Captian Cook's at the Poly. We ate at the Bakery on Main Street, Pizzafari at AK, Cosmic Ray's at MK.
The only place we didn't stop for & I really wish we would have was we never did go and get a DOLE WHIP!!!!! :eek: Oh well, guess something to look forward to in June!!!

I can't believe the characters you had at CRT. My DD 4 would have been so upset with only one princess. Cinderella wasn't in the dining room? I thought she was guaranteed there for breakfast! We've been here twice and both times had Cindy and at least 3 other princesses. This year we had Cindy, Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Mary Poppins.
Interesting, I've never heard of this kind of line up of characters. I know only Cindy is supposed to be guaranteed, but I've always heard of princesses with her. Alice does appear here some, but the MadHatter and Wendy with only Belle?
Anyway, thanks for the reviews- very good reviews!

Originally posted by tink2
I I thought she was guaranteed there for breakfast! We've been here twice and both times had Cindy and at least 3 other princesses. This year we had Cindy, Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Mary Poppins.
Interesting, I've never heard of this kind of line up of characters. I know only Cindy is supposed to be guaranteed, but I've always heard of princesses with her. Alice does appear here some, but the MadHatter and Wendy with only Belle?

Yep, that was the line-up. We were disappointed in the line up. I said to DH "where are the princesses?" I know no princess is a guarantee but I was expecting Cinderella in the dining room area along with PRINCESSES like, Snow White, Belle, Aurora or even Jasmine, etc.
I was very surprise to see the Mad Hatter! You know what it funny HE even made a comment about there being no princesses at the breakfast. There was Belle, but she wasn't born a princess.

Cinderella was not in the dining room. She was down in the loby with The Fairy Godmother. At first I was worried SHE wasn't even there but at least she was in the dining room!

I am glad we enjoyed the food or we really would have been disappointed! Like I said, I don't know if we will go to the breakfast again. We saw more princesses at the Norway breakfast last June then in the Castle.

Maybe all of the princesses had the flu and they had to put in the Mad Hatter and Wendy in last minute. :rolleyes: Can you tell I'm grasping for straws? What a bummer-considering what a prime PS that is to get that's pretty lame that there were hardly and princesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter