Our friend, low-key

I remember that conversation! He called them a cream stick. I had never heard them called that either, and I am from Ohio myself. So many good conversations to remember . . .

I just read the conversation and here in Ohio a cream filled donut is called a cream stick..An eclair is custard filled and entirely different pastry so where Jason and I come from he nailed it A+ lol. I sure miss my friend

Very sad news indeed. I remember Pop Daddy from way back when in the (my) early years on the DIS. My deepest condolences to his family. 💔

I just read the conversation and here in Ohio a cream filled donut is called a cream stick..An eclair is custard filled and entirely different pastry so where Jason and I come from he nailed it A+ lol. I sure miss my friend
That thread read like a comedy routine, Key-note.

My reference to the can of corn thread earlier was about a dis classic, way back, maybe 20 years ago. A thread was started about 'what are the strangest things you have seen at Disney World'. Innocent, simple enough. A good number initially about the usual...parents holding toddlers up so they could pee in the gardens, what people wear, like 6 inch stiletto heels and such, and so on.

Well, one poster posted that his family saw another family sitting on the steps of City Hall in Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. They opened a can of cold corn and started spooning it out to eat. That was strange enough, yes. But, that post took the thread into its own life. It went on and on and is one hilarious moment in dis history. But, like so many moments in time, you had to be there to truly appreciate it.

I found a reference thread about it while doing a search here. Funny in its own right.

Canned corn???

Another

Nice to see you again, Key-note.

I'm just stunned. We used to message back and forth when he and my DIL were both battling Non-Hodgkins lymphoma several years ago. He would ask how she was doing and was always interested in her cancer journey (she's 5 years post stem cell transplant) I always loved his music threads. Rest in Paradise Jason

I am literally sitting here completely sick to my stomach. I took another 6 month hiatus from the boards and just came back this week. Low-Key was always part of my favorite reason to surf the threads. He was truly one of a kind. Since I made an axx of myself with him and Kittyblue about a year ago (in an embarrassing way lol), I actually thought he had blocked me when I got back! Then I saw someone else posting the music threads. Which led me to search and see this thread.

I am so sad. He was a random internet person who made me laugh every day - not just an internet person at all.

I am literally sitting here completely sick to my stomach. I took another 6 month hiatus from the boards and just came back this week. Low-Key was always part of my favorite reason to surf the threads. He was truly one of a kind. Since I made an axx of myself with him and Kittyblue about a year ago (in an embarrassing way lol), I actually thought he had blocked me when I got back! Then I saw someone else posting the music threads. Which led me to search and see this thread.

I am so sad. He was a random internet person who made me laugh every day - not just an internet person at all.
I think we all felt it, too.

I wanted to pm you but I can't. Please don't give it another thought, it wasn't a big deal at all, I promise. And really I'm no one to judge, I've done my share of stuff :)

Oh wow....so sorry to hear this!!! We were away the week this was first posted and this is the first I am hearing of his passing. I always got a kick out of his comments and posts and song threads....I loved participating in them (and still participate)

Was wondering where he might have been when I did not see his postings recently but I didn't know he passed. RIP Low Key!!!! You and your wit will be missed!

So sad.

Well this just stinks, doesn’t it. :sad1: Pop Daddy/low-key was a fixture here on the Community Board.

I remember him most for his comforting “hey” if you posted something sad in your life. Like you said, Dan, that was his way of saying he cared. He also made me feel seen.

This just sucks. :worried:

I’d like to send love and condolences to his loved ones. He made a difference. He was a cool guy. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter