Our GF Garden View Tea Experience!

lwestwise

Mouseketeer
We had Tea at GF last week and it was wonderful. So relaxing. Although, I was stressed before hand. I so wanted it to be an enjoyable experience and of course DH had other ideas about it. But he is easy to get along with and went along with us.
Just as the rest of us he really enjoyed it. We won't have a problem making PS for this again.
Had never been to a Tea before, so wasn't too sure how to use the strainer. Our server, Julie, made us so comfortable. We didn't even have to ask (Probably saw the bewildered look on our faces) but she brought the tea, put the strainer across the cup, poured the tea through the strainer and removed the strainer returning it to the drip cup. We overheard others talking about how to use the strainer and wondering if that was where you put the Tea Bag. So we didn't really feel to Dumb.
There were four of us, DH just order lemon pound cake and Garden View Bouquet tea. I ordered the Buckingham Palace and shared with my DD. It was plenty and DELICIOUS. Oh, the DevonShire cream, mmmmmm!!!!
We had Strawberries and whipped cream, with it. My DM also ordered the Buckingham Palace. She got Trifle with hers and really enjoyed it.
This will be something I will look forward to next trip.

Thanks for your review! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
I can't wait to try the tea; my sister did it once and still talks about it! I'm trying to fit it into my short family trip next week.

Sounds delightful. Something I really need to do with my daughter! She'd love it as would I.:D

Thanks for the review!! We did the tea a couple of years ago...Sounds like it's time to do it again! :)

Can you tell me what time of day you went? Was it crowded? Do you think you could have been seated without a PS? Thanks and glad you enjoyed the tea!

We had the tea recently and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Our PS was for 3:30. It was not crowded, although it was pretty full. I saw people walking up and having to wait maybe 15 min. If you get the chance, and don't have PS, try anyway. You will really enjoy it. I had the Cinnamon and spice Tea. Sooooo good and Christmasie.

My daughter and I are looking forward to our first tea on our next trip. We were lucky enough to get the last PS for the day. We can't wait!

Afternoon Tea is one of our favorites. I would definitely recommend a PS. We attempted to get in without one on our honeymoon. The place was packed and they had no availability for the entire week (early December of 2002). Our last 2 trips, we booked a PS and the place was relatively empty - go figure! Better safe than sorry though! I bought a tin of the Garden View Bouquet tea to take home with me - I drink it every once in awhile and it's a nice reminder of a wonderful time! They sell the tea strainers in the UK Pavilion in Epcot, FYI!

Originally posted by merrywether
They sell the tea strainers in the UK Pavilion in Epcot, FYI!

Thanks for the info, I will have to get my DS and DDIL to pick me up a few when they go in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter