Our new neighbor plays the bagpipes

Love the bagpipes so would probably really enjoy it. Reminds me of a camping trip my husband and I took last summer where we were in a state park in Maryland on the beach, no electricity, no street lights anywhere, and up on a sandy dune in the twilight of this magnificently beautiful place, was a lone fellow camper playing the bagpipes, it was just one of those magical moments.

Ah! When I lived at my parents house we had a neighbor that played his bagpipes in the yard! It was amazing but for years we couldn’t figure out who it was because their fence was so tall and the yard was surrounded by trees!

Just wait until your new neighbor becomes your old neighbor and you've been listening to them for years ;)

Haha Yeah, probably, but I actually like the sound of the bagpipes. He's a police officer so I'm guessing he was playing at a ceremony yesterday.

I grew up in a little town with a state University campus right in the middle. Every summer for years there would be a bagpiper convention. They would stand all over campus and play back and forth every day for a week. Some were good, others sounded like dying cats.

I actually like bagpipes - played outside, by someone who knows what they are doing. Good luck.

I'm jealous! I keep trying to convince my son to take lessons but even a scholarship to Carnegie Mellon can't entice him to learn bagpipes.

Our bagpiper playing neighbor moved.
I miss his driveway practice sessions!
His wife did not allow him to play inside even in the coldest weather.

There is a park just down the road from us, and occassionally on weekend mornings we could hear bagpipes coming from the park..it was beautiful but haunting, especially on foggy / misty mornings. We could never actually see the person though, so we nicknamed him "The Phantom Bagpiper", which to me started sounding like like an episode of Scooby Doo LOL.

At some point he stopped, and I regret never having gone found out who it was! He / she was awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter