Our super duper bargain trip PTR

MickeysFavouriteGirl

DIS Veteran
Cast members:

Me - late 20's (eeekk!!), mum of two, love all things Disney especially Mickey ♡e favourite ride is Peter Pan.
DH - also late 20's (sounds nicer than nearly 30 right...??) Late starter to all things Disney, converted by me! Love the rides, atmosphere, jungle book characters. Favourite ride is Space Mountain.
Mini Mickey aka DS - will be nearly 8 when we go, loves Phineas & Ferb, Duffy bear and pixar films. Favourite ride is Big Thunder. He is a real coaster addict, in March (he was 6) he went on TOT, RnR, RC, was disappointed he was too short for SM and IJ lol.
Mini Minnie aka DD will be 2 when we go. She loved the characters on our last trip, loves her princess dresses and her favourite ride is IASW.

Booking:

Joining us will be my mum and stepdad - they haven't been for a lonnnnngggg time..... 1997!! They've not seen the studios at all :-O can't wait to show them around. Also our family friends C & L and their son C who is 9 - its their first trip!!

So, we booked the ebookers amazing bargain deal - 16th-21st March at the Santa Fe for £227 for 2 adults, 1 child and an infant!!! After much stressing and posts on here we found out the deal does include park tickets phew!! My mum and stepdad also booked through ebookers, £178. Our friends however missed out on the deal and it was £571 for them direct with Disney.

Today I have booked our eurostar tickets £512 in total for 6 adults, 2 children and an infant! The trip accommodation, tickets and travel have costed a grand total of £414 for me, dh and the children! BARGAIN!

Planning:

We're going to drive to Ebbsfleet the day before and stay at a local hotel. We'll park at the long stay car park at the station, £37 for up to a week. On arrival back in the UK we'll drive straight home. Eurostar have changed the times of the return train (leaving MLV at 16.54, arriving Ebbsfleet at 18.32) and its a 3hr drive home.

We're not planning on spending all our time as a group, we like to do different things and we want to see everything. On our last trip DH and I went and did separate things, he took DS to queue for rides and I took DD shopping, character queueing or people watching. It worked quite well.

Food:

Annettes - we didn't have a brilliant meal here in 2011 and we didn't visit in 2013 so we're going to give it another try as it used to be a firm favourite.
Rainforest Cafe - we had lunch here in 2013 and really enjoyed it. We'll be visiting for lunch again.
Cafe Mickey - a firm favourite of ours for lunch.
Inventions - not been here for a while, but seeing as the trip was so *cheap* we're going to go.
EoS - loved it here in 2013, yum!
Res D Stars - not tried here before, but its a maybe.
Chuck Wagon - have heard good things about the buffet, so another maybe.
Cafe Hyperion - nice to get in out of the cold, slow service but we enjoyed the food.
Caseys - of course!

We were disappointed with the amount of counter service restaurants closed in March, I know it was low season but we usually go in March and we've never known so many closed. Hoping more will be open next time.

You have a fab trip planned!! I'd love to do a group trip like this! It will be so much fun. Looking forward to reading all your updates over the next few months ::yes:::goodvibes

4 weeks to go, 4 weeks to go!!! We're starting to get super excited!

We've.....

Booked a Premier Inn for the night before
Prebooked parking
Done our restaurant reservations
Bought new luggage
Made eurostar goodie bags for the children
Booked BBWWS

To do....

Change euros
Double check we've got enough Disney clothes
Pack (lol)

Our restaurant plans are:

16th - Annettes for dinner
17th - Rest. des Stars for lunch, Caseys for dinner (St Patricks Day)
18th - EoS for lunch, BBWWS for dinner
19th - EoS or McDonald's for lunch, Parkside Diner for dinner
20th - Rainforest Cafe for lunch, counter service for dinner
21st - Cafe Mickey for lunch

We was going to visit Paris during this trip, we haven't decided for definite yet but if we do it will probably be on the 19th. I think its mostly weather dependant!

We're all getting really excited now :-) :-)

Hope you get nice weather for your trip! Is there anything special on for St Patrick's Day?

What a great family trip you have planned :goodvibes
We are going to bbwws the same day as you , we are going to the 6.30 show.
It's my DH birthday won't dare get him a cake he would kill me lol.
Have a great trip x

Aww bless! My ds knows, I can't keep secrets lol! We've been to alton towers today for a pre DLP warm up :-) hoping DLP will be walk ons as AT was today!

Are you all set? Not long now at all, ye must be super excited!! :yay:

Wow, lots of us going to BBWWS :-))

3 weeks tomorrow until we travel South, I'm getting really excited now! I may have decided not to do Parkside Diner and do Auberge instead!! I'm going to make a reservation and decide when we're there. We're busy this weekend, free next weekend then the weekend after is my birthday so I need to start getting my final lists together so I can hit the shops next weekend and start packing!!

Bought our euros today and last minute bits and bobs! Sooooooooooo excited, this week is going to drag!! This time next week we'll be at the Premier Inn!

MickeysFavouriteGirl said:
Bought our euros today and last minute bits and bobs! Sooooooooooo excited, this week is going to drag!! This time next week we'll be at the Premier Inn!

And this time next week you'll be at DLP! :banana! Lucky duck! All set?

I think we're all set apart from packing. My plan this week is to keep on top of the laundry and pack Thursday/Friday. I think this week will go by sooooo slowly :( my ds is super excited, dh can't wait for a week off work and I keep smiling when I remember whats happening this coming weekend :):) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter