Our trip may have a fatal Flaw ! read inside and help!

Warlock128

Mouseketeer
Ok, i was planning a 2 day trip to disneyland on dec. 15th and 16th, and staying at the disneyland hotel.

i picked these days because its a friday and saturday, the hours are the longest these days i think, and the monorail and the matterhorn will re-open on these days, and i dont want to miss it on this trip, plus my girlfriend hasnt gone in YEARS, so i want this to be a magical trip for her. She has never seen the haunted mansion holiday before, and therin lies the problem. For weeks i have checked www.disneyland.com on the calender, to see if anything will be down for refurbishment, and now i checked tonight, and it says the haunted mansion holiday will be Removed during out stay.

Is this true? when is it being taken down? i cant find the info for that. please help !

EDIT : i just checked this site
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/Events/holiday-season.htm

It says it should be up until january, which would make sense, ive been on it 3 years in a row, and its always up until and well after christmas. so this really doesnt make sense to me. Can anyone confirm? i need t reserve my DLH room as soon as possible.

I can't confirm it but I sure hope it is still up :wizard: seeing as we will be there at the same time in December staying at the DLH. I would book the hotel NOW :bitelip: We are booked there for 4 nights and when I tryed to add a night a couple of weeks ago it was full. :furious: Good luck :cheer2:

The Haunted Mansion Holiday has always been up until the weekend after New Years. I do not see why it would change this year. I think you'll be safe planning that it would still be up for your stay.

Warlock128 said:
Ok, i was planning a 2 day trip to disneyland on dec. 15th and 16th, and staying at the disneyland hotel.

i picked these days because its a friday and saturday, the hours are the longest these days i think, and the monorail and the matterhorn will re-open on these days, and i dont want to miss it on this trip, plus my girlfriend hasnt gone in YEARS, so i want this to be a magical trip for her. She has never seen the haunted mansion holiday before, and therin lies the problem. For weeks i have checked www.disneyland.com on the calender, to see if anything will be down for refurbishment, and now i checked tonight, and it says the haunted mansion holiday will be Removed during out stay.

Is this true? when is it being taken down? i cant find the info for that. please help !

It says it should be up until january, which would make sense, ive been on it 3 years in a row, and its always up until and well after christmas. so this really doesnt make sense to me. Can anyone confirm? i need t reserve my DLH room as soon as possible.

I just want to say one thing and that is that I to, tried to add one more day onto my trip and they were all booked up so I would book your room ASAP!!!! Another thing, I just checked the calendar and it says it's down for holiday removal. which does not make any sense to me :confused3 because it's already up for the holiday so what would they have to do to it? :confused3 I gonna be so upset if this is true because I've gone to DL 3 years in a row and all three times the Hunted Mansion has been closed once in Jan which is understandable and twice in Feb. I can understand that they would close it for the month of Jan but Feb too!!!! Everytime my H and I walked past there, nobody was ever working on it at all. so this is really going to upset me if this is true. :furious: I'm going to call Disneyland today and ask and I'll let you know for sure.

The online calendar is not always correct - it increases in accuracy as the time gets closer (hope that makes sense). I would think Mary Jo was correct - it was up last year at Christmas time.

Well, its always possible. This year is the first time disneyland started the Haloween tradition, so we may never know. But my Refurbishment list isnt showing that Haunted Mansion is going own in Dec.

Tomorrow is my day off, so ill reserve the rooms then. sucky thing is, i dont have our Premium year round passes yet, and i would buy them tomorrow at the disney store, but since it cant be activated anywhere besides in city hall at disneyland..... we wont be getting a discount....that sucks....but i guess ill have to pay full price this time.

Any tips to help me on my trip? i planned these 2 days because im pretty sure everything will be running 100% with nothing closed, that goes for the monorail and the matterhorn, so itll be the perfect trip, especially for my loved one who hasnt been to disneyland in over 4 years.

Warlock128 said:
Tomorrow is my day off, so ill reserve the rooms then. sucky thing is, i dont have our Premium year round passes yet, and i would buy them tomorrow at the disney store, but since it cant be activated anywhere besides in city hall at disneyland..... we wont be getting a discount....that sucks....but i guess ill have to pay full price this time.

Any tips to help me on my trip? i planned these 2 days because im pretty sure everything will be running 100% with nothing closed, that goes for the monorail and the matterhorn, so itll be the perfect trip, especially for my loved one who hasnt been to disneyland in over 4 years.

Just so you know, I have always only had to show my AP at sometime before I check out. I have gotten AP rates many times on trips where I did not physically have one yet. Just go back to the front desk after you activate and you will be fine!

Andrea

I just checked and it is not listed on the refurb schedule at all. In the past 3 years that I have gone in December it was always up and running until after New Year.
Also I can't remember for sure but you may be able to get the AP discount even if it is not active yet, just ask when you call but I am pretty sure a voucher is enough.

i called the DLH, and they told me, that unless the card is activated now, i cant get the AP discount for the rooms. See, since im going in december, i guess im going to have to call and book the rooms with my credit card, i cant just say hey hold a room im coming on this day with no deposit, someone who is going to pay upfront is going to take it. so since i work all day today, ill go to the bank tomorrow, put some money in my acount, and reserve the room. Any more tips advice? anything to add would be much appreciated, since im running around trying to do this latest by tomorrow since it has to be done as soon as possible. dont wanna miss those rooms.

Warlock128 said:
... i planned these 2 days because im pretty sure everything will be running 100% with nothing closed, that goes for the monorail and the matterhorn, so itll be the perfect trip, especially for my loved one who hasnt been to disneyland in over 4 years.

I hope that you have a wonderful vacation and fully understand your desire to have everything up and running while you are there.

I just want to caution you that sometimes things do close for reasons that are not anticipated. From reading the above quoted statement, I would just be sad for you if a closed ride somehow made your trip not perfect.

I live locally. It's a Small World is my favorite ride in the entire resort. The last 2 times I have been, the ride has closed for various time periods for unknown reasons. The same happened with Big Thunder Mountain. All I am trying to share is the rides do close even if not on the schedule sometimes.

I would hate to have something like that ruin your otherwise wonderfully magical visit to the Kingdom. Just keep that in mind so your expectations don't let you down. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the magic!!!

Warlock128 said:
i called the DLH, and they told me, that unless the card is activated now, i cant get the AP discount for the rooms. See, since im going in december, i guess im going to have to call and book the rooms with my credit card, i cant just say hey hold a room im coming on this day with no deposit, someone who is going to pay upfront is going to take it. so since i work all day today, ill go to the bank tomorrow, put some money in my acount, and reserve the room. Any more tips advice? anything to add would be much appreciated, since im running around trying to do this latest by tomorrow since it has to be done as soon as possible. dont wanna miss those rooms.

Call and get someone else on the phone then because I just booked a room on property with intentions of showing my AP after arrival and they said it was fine. Of course they still want a credit card to hold the room, but they don't ever actually charge it until you get there, no matter if you get the AP rate or not.

Andrea

Also just wanted to say that there is not always AP rates available, but if you can get them, you will be able to show your AP once you are there. That doesn't mean they will automatically have them for December though. Also they do not charge your stay until you get there if you are making hotel reservations through Disney hotels directly.

Andrea

Should be up through all holiday festivities, until beginning of Jan. It's never been removed before New Years

I called Disneyland today and they said they had made a mistake on the Disnyland web site and that the Haunted Mansion would be open for sure. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: They also said that a lot of people had called today asking the same thing and not to worry because it will be open and not shut down until Jan. :)

awesome possum, then everything is a Go then for wednesday morning when i call and make reservations. But shouldnt i put down some sort of deposit on the rooms though? if i just call and say hey save me these rooms for this day with no money down, what chances am i gaurenteed that im going to get the room JUST by calling DLH?

those who reserve rooms online at disneyland.com , or by phone to the DLH, post your tips and advice please! im really gettin nervous im going to miss these rooms and just need some reasurance.

Edit : also i just got a debit card with the visa logo from my credit union bank. ive never used such a card to book for a hotel room before. will i have any trouble booking a room? will they take cash? im new to this, so any help is greatly appreciated. first time for everything eh? :rolleyes1

Warlock128 said:

Think I read on another thread/board that the website is wrong and the HM should be up until after new years. It would make NO sense to take it down early.

the Room is booked and i am set! i told them ill have the AP after i arrive and the nice guy said No prob ! So i got the rate already, just show it when i arrive.

the guy also offered for like 20$ a night more, to have a pool view room. Is it worth it? or should i just keep the standard room. let me know soon so i can call back quick so it doesnt get taken. yahooo less than 2 months away ill be at disneyland ^_^

Hey, does anyone know what type of TV's they use in the DLH? it may sound like a strange request, but if anyone has pics of them, or know them well enough to discribe them, or if you are going sometime soon, could you take a pic of them for me? front and back. i want to know if i can plug my playstation 2 in them so when we get back from the parks, me and my girl can play some games before we sleep or watch a movie while we fall asleep ^_^. Thanks !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter