Our very first official trip fort wilderness over christmas 2013

Quick update- just crossed the state line into Georgia and stopped at a Waffle House for supper- awesome food! Now we are cruising along in the "rolling turd" and hope to make it 4 more hours to Atlanta tonight! Loving it!! Never thought I'd be excited about going home to snow and 20 below zero, but boy I am! Keep the prayers coming! I do miss all you guys at the Fort though- so thankful for the new friends we met! I hope we see you all again, as well as meet more of you next time!

Quick update- just crossed the state line into Georgia and stopped at a Waffle House for supper- awesome food! Now we are cruising along in the "rolling turd" and hope to make it 4 more hours to Atlanta tonight! Loving it!! Never thought I'd be excited about going home to snow and 20 below zero, but boy I am! Keep the prayers coming! I do miss all you guys at the Fort though- so thankful for the new friends we met! I hope we see you all again, as well as meet more of you next time!

Serenitygr, here is wishing the best of everything on your trip back. If you do not want to spring for a hotel, in Kimball, TN, directly across the street from the Comfort Inn is a large empty lot that has motor homes and rv's on that lot camping. Kimball is just east of Chatanooga on I24, north side of road. Safe travels. Hope this finds your home, farm,and pets safe. The 1400 loop has quieted down, lots of empty sites. Lucky us, we have 8 more days here. Blessings for a safe uninterrupted trip home. Remember, KOA in Metropolis/benton Ill is open year round as well.

You guys are the best. Serenity back to serenitygr.:goodvibes

Good morning everyone! Just getting up and moving at a Flying J in Georgia. We made it about an hour past Atlanta last night- stopped at about 3am. Wanted to fill up our propane since we hadn't done it the whole time at the fort, but they wouldn't do it until this morning. So we got a little cool this morning when we woke up, but not too bad. Right now Joe is trying to get the power inverter working enough to make coffee, because no matter what he tried the generator won't keep running- it starts but as soon as he takes his finger off the button it quits. Of course, because if it CAN go wrong it WILL go wrong- that is my new motto. ;)

But the rolling turd is idling like a champ this morning, and we will be filling up the propane in just a few minutes, and then we will be off! Like a crazy racehorse :cool1: It's cold in Georgia- frosty this morning on the cars in the parking lot. But nothing like what we'll be seeing later today, I bet! Only 1,185 miles to go until we are home! And I will be posting pictures of home once we get there so you can all see what we have been so excited to return home to! I was also thinking- if any of you want to get to know us better, I could put our website on here for you to look at- I think it's ok to do that. It is: www.serenityfarmonline.weebly.com I'd love to hear from any of you!

Hope the "rollin turd" holds out.....come on moma get them home.

:rotfl: Love it Bayoumama- she's holdin' her own! Cruisin through Nashville and doing just fine..... Might even have found me a Basset Hound puppy we can pick up on the way through Illinois tomorrow- I've been looking for a long time for another one..... :)

Glad to hear things are going better for you all. Just got to fort around noon today and will tell them you say hello....lol

Glad to hear things are going better for you all. Just got to fort around noon today and will tell them you say hello....lol

:goodvibes Lucky you just getting there! I wish our vacation was just starting! Tell them all hello from us! We are going thru Illinois this morning-- snow everywhere! YUCK! And the roads must have gotten bad last night because just in the past 10 minutes we've passed about 10 cars and semis upside down in the ditch! Glad they seem find today!

I'm a little late to the party :upsidedow but wanted to tell you that I LOVE all your pictures! You really captured the fun-loving atmosphere of FW. Nice job:thumbsup2

Heather

Thank you to everyone who has been following along! For today- just one special picture. I'll post more tomorrow to wrap things up!

Back to the tundra...

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

Thanks for the picture of the 'frozen' north!! Hope you soaked up enough warmth down south to get you through the rest of your winter! ;)

From all your postings, you had a great trip. Know you are happy to get your mh back to the starting point there!! :goodvibes

OK- can't resist one more post tonight before crawling into my own very cozy bed :goodvibes First- one of our new friends pointed out to me today how many people have been following along on our adventure, and I'd like to thank each and every one of you! Doing this trip report has been so much fun for me, and knowing others are enjoying it makes it even better. :) It seems like so very long ago that we started planning this trip back to the Fort- almost 2 years ago to be exact! Back then, I didn't even know HOW to do a trip report, or even dream I'd ever be in the position to DO one! That was something only the really experienced Fort people did, or so I thought!

Then as time marched on, and I spent more time on the DIS camping board, I realized (and I have to thank Bama Ed for this one) that Fort people love ANY type of trip report- it doesn't have to be a "professional". And so the idea was born. And with the help of others, I learned how to actually post pictures on here- THAT was exciting! From that point on there was no stopping me! LOL

So now not only did I bring others enjoyment, but I also have the most amazing memories that I just go back on the DIS board and read this report, and it will always be there! How cool is THAT??!! :love:

So with that, I will post our final trip pictures: pulling into our driveway and arriving home. So many awesome memories....if anyone has questions they want to ask, I'd love to try to help answer them. And for those who we met- I am so thankful to have made new friends! For those who we may meet in the future- I will be looking forward to it! In the back of my mind I am already planning our next trip.....

Goodnight to everyone!

ARRIVING HOME- I CAN SEE IT!!!!!!!!

HOME SWEET HOME

Sorry I didn't post any while you were at the Fort. Just read through the entire TR, with all the problems the motorhome gave, looks and sounds like you still had a wonderful time. The pics are awesome and the Fort looks great during Christmas time. Trying to talk DW into going down for Christmas. Glad you had a great time and that you made it home safe.

So glad you had a safe return home. Your place is beautiful, but oh, I'll leave y'all to all that cold and snow!;) I need my sunny, warm south! :goodvibes

Thanks for letting us tag along with you on your vacation. I bet the kids really enjoyed their adventures at the Fort and also those on the road. Glad to see you made it home safely. Your house is very pretty but I'm not sure I could handle all that white stuff. Will that be there till springtime? I bet all of your 4-legged kids were happy to see you. :yay::yay:

Time for a big sigh of relief, huh serenitygr? While the Fort is beautiful and a wonderful place to visit, there's no place like home.

You did a great job with the trip report. I have to admit that I find the live trip report (when I am doing one) a little addictive. In addition to the DIS folks I meet at the Fort (sounds like you met some - it takes some work but it's worth it), the folks that post into your trip report are special too. To me it's more special than when I just sit at home and reply like I am now. When I'm doing a live TR and someone responds directly with a question or comment, it's like they're there too.

Live trip reports take work but I now prefer doing mine that way rather than when I get home. My memory doesn't have to last as long. :rotfl:

I'll be heading down to the Fort in about two months and would like you and anyone else to drop a note and say hi when I get my live TR going. Until then, unpack the turd, wait for the spring thaw, and enjoy the memories.

Bama Ed

It's always good to get home . . . :)

. . . but be honest with us . . .

. . . have you started planning the next trip?

Unbelievable snow pics!! Holy cow! I'm not use to seeing that in South Georgia. Glad you made it home. Stay warm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter